My Eye Test Results. What do they mean?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2015, 3:34 am

I had an eye test the other day, and I have no idea what these numbers mean on the paper.

I was told some years ago I need to wear glasses for reading, and that I have astigmatism in one eye ... which is annoying when working in low light conditions because my vision becomes blurred! The eye with astigmatism (my right side) seems to get worse every couple of years.

Anyway, here they are:

RE Vision: 6/45
LE Vision: 6/12 - 13

RE Sph: -0.50
LE Sph: -1.00

RE Cyl: -2.50
LE Cyl: -1.25

RE Axis: 53
LE Axis: 155

RE VA: 6/7.5
LE VA: 6/6

What do these mean? Are my results poor?

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2015, 2:41 pm

Below is an interpretation of the data based on what I have just gleaned from the web.
I have no expertise in this area!

Right eye: 0.50 diopters of myopia with 2.5 diopters of astigmatism at an angle of 53 degrees
Left eye: 1.00 diopters of myopia with 1.25 diopters of astigmatism at an angle of 155 degrees

You are shortsighted, with astigmatism in both eyes, the right eye being considerably worse.

The right eye: With uncorrected vision, at a distance of 6 meters, reading the second line of letters up from the bottom of the eye chart, you can see what someone with normal vision would be able to see from a distance of 45 meters.
With corrected vision, you can see at a distance of 6 meters, what someone with normal vision would be able to see at a distance of 7.5 meters.

The left eye: At a distance of 6 meters, you can see what someone with uncorrected vision would be able to see from a distance of 12 - 13 meters. Considered normal after correction