Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 8:18 pm

First off I'd like to say that I'm sorry if this has been done before. I wasn't going to go through 9 pages to make sure.

What would be the perfect job for you? For me it would be working at a guitar shop. Tuning guitars, fuxing the actions and intonations, making sure the truss rods are perfect, polishing them, arranging them on the wall by color, brand, shape and sound, and of course playing them. I would also be able to make friends at that job since noone would have any business being there unless they shared my interests to a certain degree. Plus, I could probably get discounts equipment and such.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 8:44 pm

I think my dream job would be writing stories, especially horror and mystery. It's not really practical in real life because writers rarely make enough to get by, but it's a nice dream.

Three years!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 1:10 pm

My dream job is to be a writer, not for our oppressive media, but a playwright, maybe a screenwriter and have a novel published here and there.

Lone_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 1:49 pm

I´d love to work as a bug tester for games. I could play games all day and get paid for it :wink:.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 7:19 pm

K-1 fighter. Who wins. A lot.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 3:12 am

Space wrote:
K-1 fighter. Who wins. A lot.

Manager of Space :lol:

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 3:32 am

Thanks for reminding me - I need to start looking for this position. I used to have my dream job and I left it and now I want it back. I was clinical research coordinator for an HIV clinic, doing antiretroviral drug studies to see what works best and in what combinations. I loved everything about it, but the best part was seeing really sick AIDS patients get better.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 9:39 pm

To be a professional writer,artist,and scrapbooker.

-SpaceCase

OddCoyote
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Mar 2007, 9:45 pm

A lawyer!

darkscorpion
Toucan
Toucan

26 Mar 2007, 3:32 am

Any job where i get to do what i feel like and get paid lots eg sit and draw manga or test games or paint model kits or play on ther internet!

Erilyn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2007, 1:46 pm

I just finished posting something along these lines in another thread, but I finally figured out what I’ve hated about most of the jobs I’ve done (and the one I still do). I will just re-iterate that my knowledge of AS is only about a month old, so prior to that I just racked and racked my brain for all these excuses that just never quite seemed to explain the actual problem. But I may finally have it.

I need a ridiculous degree of predictability. I need to know what exactly I will be facing when I go to work. I need to be in control of my own little world, and not have my work affected by other people. I like to have a certain order, or procedure, to follow.

The two jobs I liked best were not exactly high-paying, so it would be great if I could find something of a similar nature that actually allowed me to live off more than mac-n-cheese, but I certainly don’t need steak and lobster every night. One was File Clerk - I spent 40 hours a week sorting, organizing, and filing paper, and also stuffing envelopes. This would drive most people batty, but I found it very calming and relaxing. Most importantly, I didn’t hate coming to work; and the other was stock clerk for a women’s clothing store - my job was to receive, unpack, security tag, and place hangers on new stock – I was put in the back room all by myself and didn’t even have to deal with co-workers, never mind customers. It was great. Unfortunately it paid next to nothing.

Would welcome any and all ideas...

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Mar 2007, 2:07 pm

I dont have a dream job.. I never have.

When I was growing up the other kids would have all these dreams of being Footballers, Astronauts, Models, Doctors, Lawyers etc etc... I dont care about any because I dont really rate success. I can be happy doing the simplest thing but I know I could have a lot of fun being rich. I had an assignment at school where we had to write about our dream jobs but I didnt have one so would just spend hours trying to think of one until my teacher gets angry at me for not doing any work and would not listen to my reason so I decided to lie and write about wanting to be a Lawyer for the last 5 minutes of the lesson just so I wouldnt get into trouble.

Maybe my closest thing to a dream job now is to be a Hunter/Gatherer.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 2:33 pm

Heh. You should have written about how you don't want to work.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Mar 2007, 2:59 pm

Full-time book reviewer for the London Times, which gets classy books and would pay a fortune. Oh, no interviews at all, ever. Reality starts distancing itself ...

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 11:39 pm

Erilyn wrote:
I need a ridiculous degree of predictability. I need to know what exactly I will be facing when I go to work. I need to be in control of my own little world, and not have my work affected by other people. I like to have a certain order, or procedure, to follow.

The two jobs I liked best were not exactly high-paying, so it would be great if I could find something of a similar nature that actually allowed me to live off more than mac-n-cheese, but I certainly don’t need steak and lobster every night. One was File Clerk - I spent 40 hours a week sorting, organizing, and filing paper, and also stuffing envelopes. This would drive most people batty, but I found it very calming and relaxing. Most importantly, I didn’t hate coming to work; and the other was stock clerk for a women’s clothing store - my job was to receive, unpack, security tag, and place hangers on new stock – I was put in the back room all by myself and didn’t even have to deal with co-workers, never mind customers. It was great. Unfortunately it paid next to nothing.

Would welcome any and all ideas...

Librarian? I think that's cool

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2007, 8:32 am

my dream job is graphic designer and automotive designer.

It`s a hard business to live of, but it`s my dream and i think i can make it because i have begunn preparing for it early and i have a big passion for it.