Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 9:32 pm

The press really hates him so it's hard to find anything positive about him on the internet.

Nevertheless, he has been elected governor twice in a predominately Democratic state, so somebody must like him.

Any comments besides 1.) he's fat and 2.) the Fort Lee lane closures were carried out at his direction (despite any hard evidence to that effect)?

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2015, 9:54 pm

Some people love him because he is a bully. They use words like no-nonsense and willing to confront. I live in Jersey. I can't explain it. I know some people who seem like they have normal IQs who have voted for him.

I think his being nominated to run for president is the best thing that could happen to the democratic party. His history shows that he won't be able to go for the whole, long election process without making an ass of himself.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 10:18 pm

Oh yes the guy I wont vote for, for president....he wants to persecute the states that have legalized marijuana, and go back on the progress this country is making as far as marijuana policy so screw that. From what else I've heard of him thus far that's likely not the only thing I'd dislike about him.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 12:44 pm

He's fat :roll: but he is making progress on losing it.
He's too liberal for my vote.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 2:35 pm

As a consequence of starting this thread, I became aware that there have been a few other threads about Mr. Christie.

This one seems to have had the most traffic: http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=215079. Of course the traffic volume may be typical of WP in its "golden age".

In the thread I cited here, the biggest concern expressed was that he isn't conservative enough to be taken seriously as a candidate. Is that still a predominant opinion?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Apr 2015, 9:23 pm

He's a POS, just an awful awful person with no redeeming qualities. His claim to fame is that he told a teacher to shut up and get another job if she felt she wasn't paid enough, he's just a bully. There really is nothing redeeming about him. He's a big government authoritarian and neoconservative, he wants to strengthen drug laws and use the federal government to crack down on the states that have strayed from federal law. Legit fascist.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 10:26 pm

AntDog wrote:

He wants to strengthen the war on drugs and turn back current progress in marijuana policy and he's too liberal for you?

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 11:06 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
AntDog wrote:

He wants to strengthen the war on drugs and turn back current progress in marijuana policy and he's too liberal for you?

....he's too skinny for my vote.

evilsithwraith666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Apr 2015, 8:26 pm

MaxE wrote:
The press really hates him so it's hard to find anything positive about him on the internet.

Nevertheless, he has been elected governor twice in a predominately Democratic state, so somebody must like him.

Any comments besides 1.) he's fat and 2.) the Fort Lee lane closures were carried out at his direction (despite any hard evidence to that effect)?

Whether arguments we give for or against Chris Christie as a viable presidential candidate is irrelevant. Chris Christie's political career is dead. Bridgegate killed it.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 8:43 pm

I really, really, really, really hate this guy and all that he's done since his announcement as a presidential candidate.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 10:10 pm

AntDog wrote:

Too liberal for me too. That is why I support Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky and Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, I still haven't decided which I like more. Although anyone could be better than Hillary, Christie, Graham, or (Jeb) Bush.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 10:54 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
AntDog wrote:

....he's too skinny for my vote.

It would be funny to see another Taft in office though. :roll:

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 9:37 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
AntDog wrote:

This is a typical but wrong characterization of Gov. Christie's views: Chris Christie Calls War On Drugs 'A Failure'.

I would guess the problem many people have with Christie is that he opposes legalization but that is not the same as supporting the War On Drugs. As for his promise to enforce federal marijuana laws, I think what primarily motivates him is that Obama is choosing to selectively not enforce those laws in states that have legalized it at the state level, which I suspect he sees as capricious behavior.

I don't think he should be condemned for being honest about his beliefs even if others don't share those beliefs. In fact, as politicians are usually thought to lie through their teeth, at least in this regard I totally believe him when he says these things. Do you prefer politicians to tell you what you want to hear or what they sincerely believe?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 10:00 am

Like me, Chris Christie was five years old when the U.S. Supreme Court determined that (interracial) marriage was a federal matter under the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution for the United States of America. Nonetheless, he has infamously argued against the courts violating states rights on the matter as they regard same-sex marriage. Well, he is only about 48 years behind the times with that opinion. If he wants to take direct aim against the federalization of marriage, he should do so, and we can have that debate. But, no. He avoids the issue and expects that his supporters won't know their own constitutional history. That makes him a cheap partisan. Nothing more.

And, his toying with switching from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party and back to the Republican Party again was simply insulting. He might as well have barked "Elect me, I will believe ANYTHING you want me to believe!"

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 7:38 pm

Here's an update. Christie officials cleared of strong-arm allegations. I don't think it will change anybody's mind.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 7:48 pm

MaxE wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
AntDog wrote:

This is a typical but wrong characterization of Gov. Christie's views: Chris Christie Calls War On Drugs 'A Failure'.

I would guess the problem many people have with Christie is that he opposes legalization but that is not the same as supporting the War On Drugs. As for his promise to enforce federal marijuana laws, I think what primarily motivates him is that Obama is choosing to selectively not enforce those laws in states that have legalized it at the state level, which I suspect he sees as capricious behavior.

I don't think he should be condemned for being honest about his beliefs even if others don't share those beliefs. In fact, as politicians are usually thought to lie through their teeth, at least in this regard I totally believe him when he says these things. Do you prefer politicians to tell you what you want to hear or what they sincerely believe?

I am not even condemning him as a person per say, but I am not going to vote for someone who wants to turn back the marijuana legalization in the states that have chosen to legalize it, especially by 'enforcing' federal policy...gives me images of feds being sent to these states and really putting their foot down and wide arrests since now its getting quite accepted to smoke...they'd have a hard time repealing that and enforcing it. And you'd have a lot of angry small buisiness owners, medical marijuana patients and newly legal recreational users to contend with as well. I don't want to vote for someone who wants to start a feds vs. states conflict.