Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 12:13 pm

Are always the ones who are most important to me and have the most power over me. Who feels the same way?

That's why I feel like a true gnostic and spiritualist because I take very personally another person's plight and it effects me on a very deep level.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 5:57 pm

For some it is just a hobby, because it does affect others. A lot is fake, a lot self inflicted, and it is a predatory tactic.

We do open up to the suffering of others, and many will use that.

Human feelings are good, so is detachment.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 7:39 pm

Inventor wrote:
For some it is just a hobby, because it does affect others. A lot is fake, a lot self inflicted, and it is a predatory tactic.

I think some people truly do suffer incredibly. I just want to wave a magic wand and make everything ok but life doesn't work that way. :(

I feel even more depressed knowing I can't make everything alright.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2015, 11:14 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Inventor wrote:

I think some people truly do suffer incredibly. I just want to wave a magic wand and make everything ok but life doesn't work that way. :(

Well; that explains a lot; obviously you are an 'empath' aka 'Angel' archetype; and truly there are two fairly distinct forms of so-called Higher Functioning Autism; and one is folks who are 'empaths',
AND, the other are folks who are cold-hearted and truly
do not give a crap how others feel.

The easiest way to tell the difference is an empath
will never directly personally attack another person
for the pleasure of seeing that person in pain...

Empaths cannot do that; however, they are strongly opposed to others when others are harming others.

Sometimes, affective empathy can be so strong; that the pain of others is unbearable; so the empath withdraws and becomes somewhat of a social isolate; even repressing emotions, at times, and even potentially losing them when the brain becomes worn-out from literally caring too much to the point of constant fight or flight stress response, and accompanying physical illness associated with this chronic stress response.

Many empaths become heroes by gaining greater physical intelligence to regulate these intense emotions and sensitive senses to the environment; additionally gaining hero type focus and short term working memory in greater executive 'superman-like' functioning.

However, out of balance for an empath by way of emotions and senses is a chaotic way of being. To either leave the stressful situation or gather much greater physical intelligence for mind and body balance appears to be two natural answers to avoid depression or anxiety over the whole emotional and sensory mix of issues.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

traven
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 1:35 am

aghogday wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Inventor wrote:

Well; that explains a lot; obviously you are an 'empath' aka 'Angel' archetype; and truly there are two fairly distinct forms of so-called Higher Functioning Autism; and one is folks who are 'empaths',

Empaths cannot do that; however, they are strongly opposed to others when others are harming others.

Sometimes, affective empathy can be so strong; that the pain of others is unbearable; so the empath withdraws and becomes somewhat of a social isolate; even repressing emotions, at times, and even potentially losing them when the brain becomes worn-out from literally caring too much to the point of constant fight or flight stress response, and accompanying physical illness associated with this chronic stress response.

Many empaths become heroes by gaining greater physical intelligence to regulate these intense emotions and sensitive senses to the environment; additionally gaining hero type focus and short term working memory in greater executive 'superman-like' functioning.

However, out of balance for an empath by way of emotions and senses is a chaotic way of being. To either leave the stressful situation or gather much greater physical intelligence for mind and body balance appears to be two natural answers to avoid depression or anxiety over the whole emotional and sensory mix of issues.

:heart: 8)

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 3:25 am

I feel bad for people who are suffering.
I feel helpless when others suffer, such as from terminal cancer.
I feel bad for Lauren Hill, the teenager who died of brain cancer recently, one of her interviews eggspressed how I felt about this kind of suffering that you can't do anything about and you know the outcome and there is nothing you can do.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 6:15 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Are always the ones who are most important to me and have the most power over me. Who feels the same way?

That's why I feel like a true gnostic and spiritualist because I take very personally another person's plight and it effects me on a very deep level.

But what are you doing about it? (I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but you should EXPRESS your care by doing something.)

I dunno from souls, but I care deeply for marginalized people. That's why I'm studying Social Work. I plan to spend the rest of my life actually helping them.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 7:24 am

Whilst people are well meaning, I'd rather them refrain from talking about the suffering of others.

Coming from someone that suffers and all that.

(It's just an aspect of life that isn't a bad or good thing. It just is.)

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 7:51 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

People only have power over me if I allow them. I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to autonomy.
Too many with good intentions have coerced me over the years to make decisions that ultimatelly only benefit themselves without regard to my own well-being.
Or alternatively whom have offered help from their ideological viewpoint without as much as a thought towards the way I see the world and who then call me ungrateful for declining their help. Or talk me down for not wanting 'better'. It's all so relative
My morality is my own. And I rarely make moral compromises as they cause me too much cognitive dissonance.
So for as much as someone's plight might affect me... I will pull back when it becomes a moral conflict... and let them find their own way...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 11:11 am

aghogday wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Inventor wrote:

Thanks, Aghogday. I have struggled since birth fitting into a world that has very little tolerance or use for empaths but am trying everyday. :) Most see it as a weakness they can attempt to play on or exploit. Your post is much appreciated. I find "shutting the door" both literally and figuratively a helpful strategy. I may seem cold but I see it as basic soul protection. Really I am just trying to survive.

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 11:31 am

I have always felt overwhelming compassion for people who are suffering, and will go out of my way to help them if I can. The emphasis is on 'if I can', because often we are unable to help certain people, the best we can do is listen, be there for them or simply, mutely care without saying or doing anything. This approach is perhaps best described by the Greek term 'kenosis', or 'outpouring' - we 'empty ourselves' for the other person's sake.

But those of us who empathise very strongly with vulnerable people must remember that we, too, are vulnerable, and have to protect our emotions, or we risk losing ourselves in another person's reality. This is dangerous and destructive, not only for us but often for the people we try to help and protect. Empathy is both a blessing and a curse.