Torn between staying single/getting married

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

15 May 2015, 8:40 pm

I am hoping that I did find the right girl with the ones that I have found as of late. :)

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 6:55 am

equestriatola wrote:
While I am mostly at peace with being single @ 28, part of me feels torn about whether I should have a girl in my life and (possibly and eventually) get married or stay the way I am for the rest of my life and not get married.

It's a struggle, you guys. Both sides have their pros and cons (pros of staying single: More money for me, more freedom...., pros of getting married: Possibly starting a family; cons of staying single: Confined to a lifetime of eternal loneliness, cons of getting married: Money strains, sensory struggles with having kids, et al)........ what am I to do? *sigh*

Do not assume that getting married means you have to have children. However, you should communicate to a potential partner up front if you are unsure about having children.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 8:42 pm

^ I see. Any other serious advice?

Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 8:52 pm

I don't think you can truly be torn between staying single and getting married, it's easy to say for anyone that they'll never get married when they're still single. It's even easier for someone to say they don't want love when they're single, but the right person can come along and you'll instantly throw that mentality out the window. I mean, you've said yourself "
I am hoping that I did find the right girl with the ones that I have found as of late." so you know you truly do want someone, and if you find someone that works for you, who knows what'll happen? Just relax and enjoy the experience.. time will tell what happens, you don't need to get married or have kids right away. And you don't even need to set a timetable on those things.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 4:33 pm

^ I guess you're right. Eh, I'm not worried, even though I may be bipolar on this, I think that it will happen for me, sooner or later.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 6:41 pm

I thought I'd contuinue posting on this thread instead of posting a new one. Yeah, I am bipolar about staying single and getting married; the main reason why I am in the former is many factors in my life that somewhat beyond my power. But even so, I remain hopeful that some change will come my way and that the woman of my dreams will come. :)