Replies selectively on okcupid

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 12:23 am

Hoggy wrote:
If someone is orange so showing as "replies selectively" Then they reply to 10-35% of their FIRST messages they receive from someone.

So if a guy sends her two messages before she can reply to him, then it doesn't count?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 3:12 am

Cartier wrote:
sly279 wrote:
idk that that would help. it still lets women window shop, making men a object to shop for rather than a mate.
perhaps if women and men from the site started hooking upt and their profiles were removed it might work, but if not the other women would reject men for the guy who already got hooked up not knowing he did.

Physical appearance matters. It just does. I would not be willing to join any dating site that did not let me see photos from the get go.

my post wasn't about pictures or no pictures rather the idea of somehow making the gender numbers balanced/equal would fix the current problem.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 3:17 am

Agemaki wrote:
Quote:
idk that that would help. it still lets women window shop, making men a object to shop for rather than a mate.
perhaps if women and men from the site started hooking upt and their profiles were removed it might work, but if not the other women would reject men for the guy who already got hooked up not knowing he did.

Until you get to know them as a person and become invested, I would venture that all dating is window shopping. It's just the harsh reality. Though it is also healthy to not let yourself become attached too quickly (this is a problem I have had) because it can make the other person feel uncomfortable and pressured. Doesn't usually bode well for the future of the relationship.

not for me. when I did use them actively I would focus on a few women at a time. and try to learn more about them/share about me. each profile is a person not an object so its not like going to best buy and looking at everything. looking at the xbox and buying the ps4 won't upset the xbox. however messaging a guy for weeks then moving on to the next eye candy guy will upset the first guy.

through window shopping would imply women never date guys from dating sites. while most do eventually. they just plow through hundreds of guys hearts first.

cause people prefer relationships where the other person isn't attached?
yes I'm trying to not get attached or at least portray to them I don't give a ___ about them. at least if I ever get messaged again or date that's what I'll do.

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2015, 6:31 am

sly279 wrote:
Agemaki wrote:
Quote:

Until you get to know them as a person and become invested, I would venture that all dating is window shopping. It's just the harsh reality. Though it is also healthy to not let yourself become attached too quickly (this is a problem I have had) because it can make the other person feel uncomfortable and pressured. Doesn't usually bode well for the future of the relationship.

not for me. when I did use them actively I would focus on a few women at a time. and try to learn more about them/share about me. each profile is a person not an object so its not like going to best buy and looking at everything. looking at the xbox and buying the ps4 won't upset the xbox. however messaging a guy for weeks then moving on to the next eye candy guy will upset the first guy.

through window shopping would imply women never date guys from dating sites. while most do eventually. they just plow through hundreds of guys hearts first.

cause people prefer relationships where the other person isn't attached?
yes I'm trying to not get attached or at least portray to them I don't give a ___ about them. at least if I ever get messaged again or date that's what I'll do.

It wasn't for me either. After being rejected by what seemed like an endless number of guys and having my heart broken again and again I eventually came to terms with the fact that love means pain. It sounds melodramatic but I think it is true. When you open yourself up to someone you allow them them to hurt you very deeply. I decided that I didn't want to change, even though I got my heart broken a lot I valued my sincerity and I didn't want to be someone who played games. I figured that when I met someone who liked me and could who accept my love I wouldn't want to torture him by playing games and letting him worry about whether I liked him or not. I eventually did meet someone so I suppose it worked out for me. But I don't know if it is responsible to advise others to date the way I did, with a selfless disregard for getting hurt.