Are you able to control your emotions?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 5:26 pm

TheAP wrote:
cavernio wrote:
When the thing that you cannot ignore is something like a sound that is overwhelming, it is not a lack of willpower that makes you unable to not hear the sound such that it will not bother you. I know no reason why emotions are exempt from the same sort of processing issues that other senses have in those with ASDs.

My meltdowns aren't even triggered by sensory issues; they're triggered by people saying things I find unfair.

Well, my point still stands in that I'm not sure how much willpower there is involved. Even bts's think of something else trick is not 'willing' the emotion away.

Poor motivation

DataLore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 May 2015, 10:32 pm

People say that I suddenly out of nowhere have bursts of emotion, and that otherwise I'm very calm and controlled, but it's not the case. I am highly emotional all the time, whether that's positive or negative depends on numerous factors, but it's always there.. I just don't display it, or don't know how. I think I'm broadcasting that I'm very content and people ask if I'm okay.. that kind of thing. There is an invisible threshold though where, once breached, I go from zero to a hundred very quickly and I'm suddenly very animated and expressive and wear my heart on my sleeve. Unless it's a really positive emotion I find it terrifying to cross the threshold because people are so unused to seeing me that way that they react. Doesn't matter how they react, they just make me self conscious about it and I feel the need to retreat again. Not only that, but I find it very hard to calm down again once I'm revved up (and by revved up I can mean looking gloomy as sin.. just anything obviously emotional), so it's exhausting too.

I like to have peaks and valleys in my life, because I would soon be bored without some kind of variety, but sometimes I do wish I could have an emotion chip like Data in Star Trek and flip it on and off at will. ^^'

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 10:35 am

marshall wrote:
I have fairly severe depression and other things. I see evil in people.

Me too.

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Not all of your thoughts are necessarily that of your own & there are such things as synthetic-telepathy.

Please explain.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 1:41 pm

I'm trying to understand my emotional side, but it doesn't make sense to me at all. I feel strong negative emotions when I am depressed, and when I'm angry I need to be alone to deal with it, when I did feel happy it was all consuming too. Other peoples emotional state affect mine, until I recognise that the emotion is not coming from me. There is a lot that confuses me, and I don't know how to communicate about it.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 4:08 pm

olympiadis wrote:
marshall wrote:
I have fairly severe depression and other things. I see evil in people.

Me too.

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Not all of your thoughts are necessarily that of your own & there are such things as synthetic-telepathy.

Please explain.

Hmm, I will try, but there's a lot, and before I go over what I know, I need to first cover another quote in post...
Amity wrote:
Other peoples emotional state affect mine, until I recognise that the emotion is not coming from me. There is a lot that confuses me, and I don't know how to communicate about it.

For starters, well-documented research does exist that indicates an influence of discarnate-personalities upon still-living humans, many of whom are unaware that they are no longer amongst the physical/material-world. One such publication comes from Dr. Carl Wickland who published: "30 Years Among the Dead" (basically detailing the work that he's done on modern-day spirit-possession where his patients never got any success with solving their issues until they went to see him). His discoveries also revealed that, for example, for cases of suicides, many times it is due to a very depressed (but discarnate) person, who has no idea that they've already died, and are unknowingly using someone's body in order to carry out their attempts at killing themselves (even though they've already killed themselves). The entire book should be available to read for free if you find it as a PDF or otherwise from a search-engine result.

Synthetic-telepathy, well, this is related to the technology of frequencies. You can think of the brain being somewhat like both a generator & receiver of various information (like a two-way radio if you may). I won't get too deep right now into the "[quantum-]physics" behind bio-frequencies, but if you remember the news-stories of whale-beachings from several years ago, that was later discovered to be due to Naval-testing of a sonar-technology (supposèdly to detonate or disactivate hostile torpedos/submarines from a distance). The sonar-frequency had a "control-effect" upon the whales (and damaged these whales' internal auditory-organs) and drove the whales to beach themselves.

Bio-electrical energy science research has determined that each human-body has its own bio-electro-magnetic-energy field in a similar manner to how the earth itself has its own electro-magnetic field. Magnetic-fields are able to store/allocate/retreive information, although I am not going to go into too much detail of how it functions, consider that computer storage-units (like thumb-drives/hard-disks/hard-drives/CDs/etc.), are able to store much information, but looking at it "physically" with your "bare naked eye" isn't going to tell you what kind of information-contents are contained (this phenomenon apparently has something to do with quantum-physics which is not yet fully understood by humanity).

Mix a couple of these information-fields together and it can result in a lot of confusion (sort of like trying to get two or more different channels to play on a television-screen simultaneously). Anyway, not all of your thoughts are necessarily that of your own, and Dr. Carl Wickland used a device called a Wimhurst in order to "dislodge" the intrusive forces from his victims, via applying th static-electricity generated from the Wimhurst-Device onto the back of the victims' necks (thus forcing the discarnate-entities out of the "minds" of his patients). Keep in mind that I do try to translate/convert several concepts into more modern-day language, such as units-of-quantum-consciousness, whilst back during Dr. Wickland's days, you would call those spirits (and spirit-possession being something I might refer to as being bio-electro-magnetic field-mergers for what I feel would be a more-appropriate modern-day description).

I am keeping this brief, just FYI, because three paragraphs really doesn't scratch the surface of this phenomenon, but I also don't want to get anybody over-loaded with too much starter-information either.

Another interesting source of information I have come across on this matter is The Feeling Easier Seminar by Terence...
( http://www.the-testament-of-truth.com/t ... eminar.doc )

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 4:55 pm

We Jains are suppose to conquer ego, hatred, anger and jealousy. I've been working on that very deeply but every so often a dark outburst would come forth. I despise my negative emotions and I wish they would disappear altogether. It's been so hard to control those; sometimes they "run away" from me which disturbs me to no end. I do meditation these days. Hopefully that'll help.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 6:46 pm

I have no idea what meditation is supposed to do, I do what people say to do and...nothing different. At all. Part of me thinks that perhaps my default is a meditative state. It's not all it's cracked up to be if that's the case. Sitting and 'observing' myself is exactly what I do too much of. I suppose if you never are in that state of mind, getting to it once in awhile might have some benefits.

Poor motivation

sweeToxic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 May 2015, 6:54 pm

Not very well, no. I get angry really easily over silly things. I also get frustrated easily, and I find it easy to get sad or worried about others around me. I also have outbursts during negative situations. A lot of it is caused by my severe anxiety, but I also think the lack of control could be due to autism. I've been trying really hard to work on identifying my triggers and avoiding potential outbursts/meltdowns. It's not easy, but I'm trying.

Meditation can be difficult. I mean, it is for me anyway. I can't focus enough to go into meditation mode. I guess I just don't have the right processing abilities to initiate it. :(

EsotericResearch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2015, 7:22 pm

I don't think this is an issue of self control but a biological difference in wiring. At least for me. I have to think about an emotion until it is rationally resolved. YMMV.

Matthaeus
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 7:40 pm

For the most part, yes, I have learned to control my emotions. However, every now and then I cannot suppress getting angry. I try to be as stoical as I can.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 2:28 pm

ziulmota wrote:
Same as you because I have autism (I was diagnosted with autism in 2000 in Ithaca, US) I'm unable to control my emotions and my feelings is too strong specially when women refuses a hug or a kiss and this makes me exalted, furious and stressed which lead me to punching a girl, yelling at her and threatening to take her phone and break or factory reset that phone or take her money. also social isolation is bad and I have social isolation because girls and women don't like me because they don't understand my situation because they don't know me very well

I'm on a treatment but currently I was not able to benefit from a treatment with my psychologist or medication. and my age (19) is one of the contributions to my childish behavior and when I was 14 I cyberstalked iJustine (I was not technically a cyberstalker because I was only 14 years old and I was only exhibiting a childish behavior very common to some people at this age) and underage boys or girls with autism are more likely to exhibit childish behavior in a manner that a people like iJustine think or see you as a cyberstalker/stalker when in reality is not because they do that by accident due to their age (14) and when I was 14 I didn't know that cyberstalking is a crime at the time (some 14 years old boys don't know stalking/cyberstalking laws in california or any other US State due to their age or country of residence) and in my country (brazil) I was below 18 (Age of criminal responsibility in my country not sure of age of criminal responsibility in California where iJustine lives because I can't find on DuckDuckGo which is an anonymous search engine on the internet the age of criminal responsibility on california) so I could not be prosecuted for crimes here in brazil at the time. only if I commited a crime here in brazil when I was 14 (when in reality I did not) I could only be apprehended which is not the same to be arrested and then forwarded to FEBEM here in the state of Rio Grande do Norte

So please check out my thread here: viewtopic.php?t=283809 so you can see my situation and fear of being arrested in US if I come to US or iJustine to accuse me as a stalker if I see her on the street or at the meetup (I will tell her that it was an accident because I was only 14 years old and I didn't understand anything about her and California Cyberstalking/Stalking laws)
In the United States, minors even younger than 14 are sometimes arrested, certified as adults, and stand trial just the same as if they were an adult, but that's usually for more serious crimes like murder or manslaughter.

So why are you obsessed with iJustine? Or with Khloé Kardashian? Who is Jenny?

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 5:29 pm

My Emotions control me: my environment controls my emotions! i best describe emotions as something that just happens to me, i become sad at random and never understand why, or become angry at random, Sometimes i can calm myself if i'm on the verge of a meltdown but thats about it.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

AIM
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 May 2015, 5:19 am

I do not really control my emotions, but I do like to remind myself that if I am going to be brutally honest to everybody I meet, then I should do the same to myself.
I also like to use logic whenever possible, and punch and kick stuff to relieve emotional pain.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 7:00 am

I can control my emotions and sometimes too much so. I end up in physical pain or smashing things when alone.

ziulmota
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2018, 11:53 am

eric76 wrote:
ziulmota wrote:
Same as you because I have autism (I was diagnosted with autism in 2000 in Ithaca, US) I'm unable to control my emotions and my feelings is too strong specially when women refuses a hug or a kiss and this makes me exalted, furious and stressed which lead me to punching a girl, yelling at her and threatening to take her phone and break or factory reset that phone or take her money. also social isolation is bad and I have social isolation because girls and women don't like me because they don't understand my situation because they don't know me very well

I'm on a treatment but currently I was not able to benefit from a treatment with my psychologist or medication. and my age (19) is one of the contributions to my childish behavior and when I was 14 I cyberstalked iJustine (I was not technically a cyberstalker because I was only 14 years old and I was only exhibiting a childish behavior very common to some people at this age) and underage boys or girls with autism are more likely to exhibit childish behavior in a manner that a people like iJustine think or see you as a cyberstalker/stalker when in reality is not because they do that by accident due to their age (14) and when I was 14 I didn't know that cyberstalking is a crime at the time (some 14 years old boys don't know stalking/cyberstalking laws in california or any other US State due to their age or country of residence) and in my country (brazil) I was below 18 (Age of criminal responsibility in my country not sure of age of criminal responsibility in California where iJustine lives because I can't find on DuckDuckGo which is an anonymous search engine on the internet the age of criminal responsibility on california) so I could not be prosecuted for crimes here in brazil at the time. only if I commited a crime here in brazil when I was 14 (when in reality I did not) I could only be apprehended which is not the same to be arrested and then forwarded to FEBEM here in the state of Rio Grande do Norte

So please check out my thread here: http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=283809 so you can see my situation and fear of being arrested in US if I come to US or iJustine to accuse me as a stalker if I see her on the street or at the meetup (I will tell her that it was an accident because I was only 14 years old and I didn't understand anything about her and California Cyberstalking/Stalking laws)
In the United States, minors even younger than 14 are sometimes arrested, certified as adults, and stand trial just the same as if they were an adult, but that's usually for more serious crimes like murder or manslaughter.

So why are you obsessed with iJustine? Or with Khloé Kardashian? Who is Jenny?

I'm bumping this thread for a reason: I told you lies and I'm no longer obsessed with Justine and Khloé Kardashian

Also I'm immune to US Criminal/Immigration laws (the immunity is NOT absolute of course) because I do have a document issued by a Joint of doctors of Rochester Hospital and my father told me that I will NOT be denied entry to US, Deported (except for working, studying or profiting including: using Bitcoin Faucets while in the US on a Tourist Visa) or arrested for ANY crime (except Murder, Fraud, Theft, Solicitation of prostitution, Operation of an unlicensed money transmitting business or any other crime that is extremely serious or not committed because of my mental health situation) so please STOP being like people who tell you lies like: Reasons to Stop Watching TV and Benefits of Reading a book okay? unfortunately in my case, my father is the only person who is able to give me GOOD advice to me. so any advice given by ANY person other than my FATHER is BAD advice (at least in my case) this includes telling me to study, Stop Watching TV, Read a Book, Telling me to NOT come to the US (for fake reasons according to my father's advice) and telling that I will be Denied Entry, Deported from the US or even Arrested for ANY crime (when in fact according to my father's advice these things will NEVER happen) and personal development advice (in my case and according to my father's advice, Personal Development is a lie) so please be warned and please don't reply this post disagreeing on what I told above and my father's advice okay? thanks

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 5:08 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Sometimes I still lose control over them because I have anxiety. I can control them for the most part but I have my limits.

That's the same for me.