So, how many unique visitors does WrongPlanet get over time?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ylevental
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 May 2015, 1:29 am

I was talking about this with Alex Plank last night. He said that visitor count wasn't declining, even though I found a website claiming that his visitor count decreased by 50%. I'm surprised there isn't a stats forum for this.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2015, 3:58 pm

ylevental wrote:
I was talking about this with Alex Plank last night. He said that visitor count wasn't declining, even though I found a website claiming that his visitor count decreased by 50%. I'm surprised there isn't a stats forum for this.

I broached this issue in a thread recently.
We need someone with an Alexa acct. to check that site and then we'll know.
We have lost an enormous number of users over the years.
For him to act like their are 70 000+ is.....searching for a euphemism.....well...false. :roll:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 2:43 am

i thought the stats forum was for stats on the site itself.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 7:55 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i thought the stats forum was for stats on the site itself.

no part of the forum or this sub-section tell any of us how many user's use this site and how often, how many dormant user accts, and so on.

I don't expect AP to tell us, but I was hoping someone with access to Alexa could look it up and tell us. :)

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 5:54 pm

On the initial site, there used to be a stat gauge of how many people were here at the time. (um..scary).
Tbh though, if you're looking to use it when its less popular, there won't ever be a time for that as you get cloudfare and so on buggerin up essential usage which means the site banks more cookies and times you out.

Maybe monitoring site negativity will bring in more favours but more about that.. later.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 8:23 pm

I found this the other day.

It may interest you.

http://wrongplanet.net.hypestat.com/

"wrongplanet receives about 5,690 unique visitors and 17,071 (3.00 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $18.95/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $7,857.01. According to Alexa Traffic Rank wrongplanet.net is ranked number 96,821 in the world and 0% of global Internet users visit it. This site has Google page rank of 5. Site is hosted in Allentown, PA, 18109, United States and links to network IP address 209.235.254.57."

open link for more

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 9:16 pm

Seeing as I.P addresses get harder to manage over a course of time, its no wonder we have to put up with the things we do around here.. but despite that and this-

How fast does wrongplanet.net load?

Slow (1.869 Seconds), 62% of sites are faster.

the guy has managed worse.. but more needs to be done.

Make the site a brighter shade of pink and make us women happy, because its a long way to Acapulco. 8)
Without all the input that comes from here.. there would be less revenue generated to make Sir Alex what he is today, so tell your site admin to up the anti on it.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 1:08 am

Empathy wrote:
Seeing as I.P addresses get harder to manage over a course of time, its no wonder we have to put up with the things we do around here.. but despite that and this-

How fast does wrongplanet.net load?

Slow (1.869 Seconds), 62% of sites are faster.

the guy has managed worse.. but more needs to be done.

Make the site a brighter shade of pink and make us women happy, because its a long way to Acapulco. 8)
Without all the input that comes from here.. there would be less revenue generated to make Sir Alex what he is today, so tell your site admin to up the anti on it.

It is REALLY good for the site to have a strong female presence. :D :queen: :queen: :queen: :queen: :queen: :queen:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 2:34 am

the site loads no quicker or no slower than any other site, for me.

slave wrote:
For him to act like their are 70 000+ is.....searching for a euphemism.....well...false. :roll:

there are nearly registered 100,000 now, remove those who have never posted (around half), members who no longer post (another 5 digit number) and spambots (which i wih we could jst purge completely...) we have a couple hundred, yeah.

slave wrote:

interesting! WP traffic seems to have peaked at around 2012 according to this which...does not surprise me.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:06 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
the site loads no quicker or no slower than any other site, for me.

For me WP regularly slows to a crawl or becomes unresponsive when other sites function fine.

Kiprobalhato wrote:
there are nearly registered 100,000 now, remove those who have never posted (around half), members who no longer post (another 5 digit number) and spambots (which i wih we could jst purge completely...) we have a couple hundred, yeah.

As a result of the above and cloudfare issues I would estimate that there are about 27 active users.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 10:02 pm

27 active users is nothing to brag to earth about .

Despite the cloud fare issues (that keep cropping up unexpectedly), if I’m on a site and I want to spread good vibes to people who I believe care I will do so, but not to the inattention of others input and reputation of the site.

Each country has a different set of politics, but who asked anyone how to prejudge their own human ancestry?

Whatever rules is listed here, to have other ‘experienced users’ reminding people of their ongoing role, only makes us feel like we’re a nut in the screw of mind fixation.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 8:22 am

Kip, as a mod can you actually check how many 'active' users there are?

So there's a few hundred, is that true or just an estimate?

I'm genuinely curious now about active users left.

I've found a lot of sections to be on the decline/dying. A few major ones are Kids Cater and the Adolescent section. They were already empty enough as it is, but they're practically ghost towns now. A few years back Adolescent had much more life.