LIBERALS (and Conservatives [and Democrats and Republicans])

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 1:34 pm

Apparently, a lot of confusion goes on as to their definitions, but looking at the "history" behind how these terms were used, the obfuscations make sense as to why there cannot be any meaningfully objective discussion on these subjects (because everybody has been hood-winked).

What NEEDS to be understood is that LANGUAGE has the "dynamic" of "slang" and what MAY have been defined one way in the past may NOT necessarily be defined the same way a couple of decades later or even after a century. Consider the following words...

Good/Bad: The word "bad" was a "slang" word used in the 80s to denote being excellent, amazing, awesome, skillful, etc. The expression "Oh, yeah, I'm bad !" would be more akin to today's "bad-ass" slang which orients more towards the meaning of being highly skillful.

Gay: Originally, this was SOLELY a "slang" word, when used in "slang" context, how-ever, back in the 1950s, the Mackerie dictionary decided to include it into its "official-language" dictionary, and so its "meaning/definition" now no longer can be said in the ORIGINAL-CONTEXT of how it was used back in the 1800s, not without being interpreted these days as having a "sexual-connotation" behind its meaning.

Whilst the title of this post/thread has LIBERALS in ALL-CAPS (partly to rub these young'uns that seem to insist on labelling themselves as liberal), I also included Conservatives/Democrats/Republicans (and I may as well also include naïve so-called Patriots & any other "brand" of "hive-mentalities" or "tribe-minded" groups). Within RECENT decades, Liberals were thought to be Democrats, and Republicans as Conservative, and they "voted" upon "presidents" accordingly, such as Democrats wanting Clinton/Obama, and Republicans wanting Bush/War-Veterans (when in reality America is really under a ONE-Party "Fascist" [this means corporate-controlled] system that "pretends" to be a two-party system of Democrats/Republicans). When I look back throughout history, and observe the various cultural-trends and phenomena of changing social-values, and context-distorting historic-events, I can safely now lump ALL of these groups into the following categories/descriptions/labels:

* Voters (ALL of them participate in the coercive pagan-ritual called: Voting [because this so-called democracy is really nothing more than a tyranny by the majority, and tyranny is still tyranny, regardless of how it's structured {basically, you are told that if you didn't like having Bully C & his minions beat you up every day, you should've voted for Bully D & his other minions to beat you up every day instead}])
* Tax-Payers (ALL of them "believe in" the "ritual" of "tax-paying" whether it be for "licenses" for this or that or being required to fund the EXTORTIONIST-system of fines & tickets & that those who refuse or resist, despite being PEACEFUL individuals, who have NOT caused HARM upon others, somehow deserve to be jailed [and ALL of these "tax-paying" voters have NEVER read through The Declaration of Independence])

The fact that ANY of them "vote" means that they ARE "promoting government" and being "tax-payers" ALSO means that they ARE "supporting BIG government" (and it doesn't matter what they "SAY" they are, whether Liberal/Conservative/Democrat/Republican/etc., for even if they "say" that they do not support Government-Interference into everyone's livelihoods, the ACTIONS of "voting" and "tax-paying" speaks VOLUMES of reality).

The "system" has everybody so thoroughly "dumbed down" that it's basically impossible for the masses to see this without having it explained in the manner which I have posted/described in this thread, and even then, the public still probably won't be able to comprehend how their very own vocabulary has been hi-jacked into double-meanings (and even triple in some instances). I suppose it's to be expected due to the population being products of the American "education" system.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 2:09 pm

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 3:21 pm

Thanks for the reference. Good to see that there are more people who can see past political-illusions.

Nebogipfel wrote:

Also going to add another one from this guy, not because I respect him, but because of someone's comment in response to this video...

Here is the comment and it has a whopping 69 up-thumbs...
428ghost wrote:
Dat hair.

Upon graduation from high school I would consider myself a progressive with gee whiz ideas like guaranteed incomes, free education and income caps. Two weeks later I started a job working as a security guard in an ER within a high crime part of the downtown core. Within 30 days after that I was a conservative. Reality gave me a knowledge enema.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 3:49 pm

It is quite humorous to me that political factions re-brand themselves every two to four years, and the newly hatched batch of followers think that the new brand has always been thus. They argue the matter ignorantly as tradition.

I am happily and proudly anti-partisan. All parties are special interests which hope to "win" better conditions for their supporters. Knowing this, why would anyone (absent sheer greed) support tilting the playing field?

Democrats were liberals before they borrowed from a former Republican (U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt) and became "progressives." Republicans were conservative before they borrowed from a former Democrat (U.S. President Thomas Jefferson) and became "strict constructionists." Both parties get BILLIONS in soft-money donations to propagandize their opinions of superiority over their opponents, when attempting to raise the same amount of cash to help build schools, retrain workers, or provide no-interest small-business loans goes wanting.

In their later lives, Jefferson and Roosevelt repudiated their respective political parties. Within their centuries, they saw the damage that IS done to the American citizenry by political factions. The supreme law of the land is the Constitution for the United States of America. The lack of knowledge about constitutional limits (which provide the basis for all our individual and collective rights) is staggering today. Average citizens believe and actually sign petitions to ban free speech, or to arrest and imprison those who enjoy their rights into "concentration camps." Such ignorance, slathered with an unhealthy amount of "team spirit" (political or sporting) has turned Americans who once explored the universe to now applaud their cable news channels' red-meat offerings ... so long as it insults and humiliates their perceived "enemies." This is tantamount to waging war by comedy. As long as it is snarky and demeaning, "our side" beats "your side!"

I seriously cannot understand how any thinking American can continue to get deceived by the political parties and their sense of "issues."

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)