MAPS Studies MDMA assisted therapy - Social Anxiety - Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

delic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 May 2015, 3:38 pm

As this may be of interest & benefit many people here, I thought I'd make a post, if anyone wishes to find out more visit maps or the link in the post. If you decide to make a donation towards this study, it will be matched & doubled up until the 5th May.

"Helping Autistic Adults with Social Anxiety

MAPS, a not-for-profit research organization, is sponsoring a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled exploratory pilot study to assess the safety and feasibility of MDMA-assisted therapy in the treatment of social anxiety in 12 adults on the autism spectrum with no prior MDMA experience.

The goal of this study is to determine if MDMA-assisted therapy can.."

Follow link below you wish to find out more:

MAPS Studies page

All the best :)

slave
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 6:43 pm

Yeah, it seems to reduce Autistic and PTSD symptom markedly, acc. to the studies I've read.
It is illegal, of course, and I doubt that will change.
They study other illegals like Psilocybin/DMT, etc.... but they'll never legalize these plant extracts, I mean look at all the destruction things like DMT cause....Dear Jesus, the horror!! !! ! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BeyondLogic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2015, 7:40 pm

Wow thanks for the link!

Gotta say that this is really of interest to me because I abused/self-medicated with MDMA for 5 years. The main reasons were because it completely and seemingly magically relieved me of all social anxiety while I was under the influence, allowed me to be comfortable with and express my emotions, and evoked extreme levels of empathy in me.

Unfortunately, my use got out of control and specifically the abuse of MDMA anecdotally and in my experience also actually leads to increased social anxiety and depression while not on the drug.

But who knows how it will go in a controlled and scientific environment? I am happy that they are doing this type of research because I really do believe it's worth looking into.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 8:40 pm

BeyondLogic wrote:
Wow thanks for the link!

Gotta say that this is really of interest to me because I abused/self-medicated with MDMA for 5 years. The main reasons were because it completely and seemingly magically relieved me of all social anxiety while I was under the influence, allowed me to be comfortable with and express my emotions, and evoked extreme levels of empathy in me.

:arrow: :arrow: an exact match with the effect in research

Unfortunately, my use got out of control and specifically the abuse of MDMA anecdotally and in my experience also actually leads to increased social anxiety and depression while not on the drug.

:arrow: :arrow: ie you became psychologically addicted...not surprising of course

But who knows how it will go in a controlled and scientific environment? I am happy that they are doing this type of research because I really do believe it's worth looking into

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: They do therapy while you are on MDMA and it seems to 'cure' PTSD and help Autism.
all the user needs is guidance while using
and pure safe MDMA

delic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 May 2015, 8:54 pm

Hahaha slave, yes unfortunately they are illegal like many or maybe *some things that are good for us. That will change in time, it just means it takes more effort on your behalf to get yourself enrolled on these studies or your own :).

Sorry to hear of your struggles Beyondlogic, yes that would make sense, the way I see things is with abuse if you're after a quality that is only temporary, what comes up or whatever you gain your are going to see it drained in some other area at least temporarily, but it's the lessons we can we learn from these experiences, increased connections, empathy, total ease with everyone around us & increased desires to connect, which bring change to us & help us - as in not just people with social anxiety, autism or ptsd etc but everybody.

BeyondLogic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2015, 9:21 pm

Yeah and I'm almost sure that something can be learned from the MDMA experience, and that people can benefit from it (especially people like us) when it is not overdone and more controlled. For this reason, I really look forward to the results of this study. I would be really surprised if they didn't find something interesting from it.