I added him, he accepted, now what?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Anna_K
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2015, 5:20 pm

Theres this guy that I have liked since February. Just to give a bit of background info, I know him from my martial arts class. I've known him for 2 1/2 years, but I only started liking him recently. Back when I used to have Facebook(I deleted it for personal reasons) he would message me, but English isn't his first language so it was hard to understand what he was saying. He only talked to me in class a few times. He acted like he liked me back then, but it was confusing cuz he would message me on social media but he would act distant in class (only eye contact from across the room and the occasional short convo!). We only see each other there cuz we don't go to the same school.

One day when I was watching martial arts videos on YouTube, one of his YouTube videos popped up in the "Recommended Videos" section. I clicked on it, and I got linked to his channel. From there I found a link to his social media. I hesitated at first, but I added him. A few days later I got a notification that he added me back. Now idk whether I should start talking to him in class, or if I should send him an instant message(hopefully his written English is better now). Which one should I do first? I want to drop hints but I don't want to come off as creepy or not interested. I have no idea when it comes to guys my age(or in my general age group) and I am so lost right now. Could someone please help?

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 9:34 pm

I don't think it would be creepy just to say hi how are you? or something like that. If he doesn't really seem to be responding just say "well I will let you go, I just wanted to see how you were doing."

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2015, 9:39 pm

Anna_K wrote:
I want to drop hints

Hints don't work, on anyone. Sorry.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 2:01 am

1. For gods sake, make sure he's straight. Watch for signs of gayness such as singing Justin Bieber tunes, wearing a pink belt, or him admittedly saying he's a brony and proud. This cute redhead girl I pretty much obsessed over for 2 months whom I finally added on Facebook turned out to be a lesbian. :? Nothing against her or anything.

2. Show some interest in him to let him know that you like him. Seriously though, just go talk to him. Want to know a secret? Guys like it when you show some interest and even if they aren't initially attracted to you, you just interacting with him might make him become attracted to you. Let him get a look into your pretty eyes for more then a second and he will fall in love. Seriously though, you like someone and you show at least some interest because if you don't, you could be a day too late.

3. If you two have clearly been talking for a while and he doesn't ask you, then you have to be the one to ask him out as he may just be too scared to make a move out of fear you don't like him back. Only do this if you're 90% sure he likes you back, meaning its clearly evident you two click but he's just chickening out.

If this dude is like super popular for all we know, you stalling means that he already has got a gf. So get out there and go talk to the man of your dreams. Just listen to this before you make a move on him. I listen to this every time I go talk to my crush.

Last edited by darkphantomx1 on 04 May 2015, 2:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2015, 2:23 am

Exactly, he won't ever know your interest level unless you show him your interest level.

Perhaps something like: "Hey, I'm interested in you." and then "Are you gay?" if he does nothing.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 2:29 am

Yes walk up to your dream guy and be like are you gay? Then when he looks at you like 8O and says no, you just say okay and walk off.

Yup great idea...

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2015, 2:32 am

A lot better than doing nothing since Feb.