Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

mel113
Raven
Raven

03 May 2015, 7:09 pm

But then again I said the same thing about jewelry and all I did was hoard the jewelry and don't wear much.
I also want to go to clubs and party stuff...but only so I can put on pretty clothes XD and I only want to put on the pretty clothes because they're pretty and I highly doubt I'd be comfortable in any of it!
Lol
Anyone else have this problem? Do any of you wear a lot of makeup or really pretty clothes and if so what are your sensory issues and how do you accommodate them while still wearing the shiney stuff?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 7:16 pm

I want to at least know how to put it on without looking like a 12 year old was trying on their moms eyeliner...not sure I would wear it much more but sometimes I do kind of want to wear some but then I remember my not so great abilities to actually put it on, or I might put some on then whipe it all off and not bother re-applying because I can't get it to look half way decent. Maybe once I move with all my brothers, only one being my actual biological brother...but the other 2 are like brothers enough to where it would be extremely weird to date them, they can help me out with that since they all wear more of it than me most of the time.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 8:06 am

I like make up sometimes, when I was younger I always wore it, but nowadays I only wear it if I go out somewhere a bit special or just feel like it. My best tip is less is more, make up should enhance your good features and diminish flaws, not change you in to another person. Always look how you look in daylight before going out, make sure you have the correct color foundation, or if you are beginning with makeup I would recommend a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. Also feels better on my skin, not to heavy. Also make sure the makeup is not stinky, certain make up can have annoying scents. I prefer my face feeling clean, but if I go out it feels easier for me if I look my best. And watch youtube videos, there are some great tutorials.

With clothes, I prefer nice clothes that are comfortable, I prefer natural fabrics, and I hate itchy fabrics. For me it comes down to that at home I like being comfortable, when I go out I like looking nice, makes it easier dealing with social situations, putting on make up and nicer clothes is like a ritual before I have to go somewhere.

With jewellery I like earings and always wear them since they don't bother me and I wear necklace and rings when I go out but take it of when I come home.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 9:16 am

I like Bondkatten's recommendation that "less is more" and the knack to making make-up look good is to aim for just enhancing your features rather than putting on so much that it makes you look completely different. I'm a fan of "subtle" in my own make-up. I barely wear any, just a smudged, soft eye pencil on the outer part of my upper lid nearest the lashes, a touch of mascara, and lipstick in a soft natural color I like and have a lot of clothes in also. I also wear a light pressing of face powder using a velour pad, as I've always had oily skin and it just takes the glaring shine off my nose without changing anything.

Try choosing an eye pencil in a soft brown or any other color, that has a soft, smudgy texture. Apply it almost with a dabbing action to the place right next to your eyelashes; you can restrict it to the outer edge and not necessarily create color all the way along your lashline, just the outer third, above and beneath. Then use the tip of your finger, or a Q-tip, to smudge the edge of the color so that you don't get a harsh line, but just an impressionistic effect that defines your eye. Apply a touch of mascara in a brown/black for a less harsh effect than black.

You could leave your skin natural or use a lightly tinted moisturizer. For lips, there are light glosses, lipsticks, and tinted salves that give a fresh, natural look. To begin with, you could find one that almost mimics the natural color of your own lips, or a gently tinted gloss that is sheer and shows your own lips through the light color.

All of the above is kind of the "light, natural, barely there" category of make-up. More dramatic looks need different colors and application, but the above would be a good "starters" method with a goal of subtle enhancement rather than a dramatic appearance.

I once read a general rule for a natural look, especially regarding any color you put on the eye, is "Blend, blend, blend" meaning to smudge any edges so that you don't get hard lines.

mel113
Raven
Raven

04 May 2015, 9:33 am

Yea I don't want to look like a different person but I do like eyeliner and I'd like to do lipstick every now and then. Jewelry ends up bothering me and I take it off at home too XD

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 10:32 am

I wear bright green eyeshadow most of the time, black mascara and black eyeliner. I don't use liquid or pencil eyeliner. I use an angled brush and use black eyeshadow as my eyeliner.

Lip makeup I don't wear a lot. I have full lips and end up looking like I've been making out with someone after I eat. So I like Eos lip balms.

I can't do blush, foundation, BB cream or anything on my face because my skin is very oily and it melts off of my face. I do use a primer underneath my eyeshadow because it creases easily if I don't. Lime Crime makes awesome primer!

I don't abide by the less is more philosophy because I like the look of the makeup I wear and not looking like I just woke up.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 11:17 am

I really only have interest in more like make up to enhance eyes but not like over-doing it more subtle is what I would be going for but I do not seem to have that kind of coordination and cannot keep one eye shut with the other open to see what I am doing very well....don't really care to put on any that goes all over my face I do not see much reason to wear that kind of make-up when I already get rather oily skin and as we speak trying to get rid of a couple pimple/discoloration spots if I put on that sort of stuff it would be way worse....and very uncomfortable. I would not mind a bit of lip color but I hate how it always just smears over anything you try to drink or smoke for that matter...so usually I just wear chap-stick and my lip color is already kind of dark so I don't really need much added color anyways at least in my opinion.

DataLore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2015, 1:30 pm

Make up is actually a huge source of anxiety for me. I don't like the way it feels, but I got noticed in my teens for never wearing any which was 'weird' apparently, even though I had better skin than anyone else and really didn't need it I don't think? Now whenever I think I might want to wear it for a night out or something I imagine everyone's noticing too much because it's not the norm for me, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Whether to feel uncomfortable physically and emotionally from wearing it, or to feel mentally uncomfortable for not because other people do, even if they're already pretty.

HOW DO? XD

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 5:52 pm

I wear tinted moisturiser with SPF every day.
When the occasion arises for 'full on war paint', this is the process: I start with light primer, (this creates a barrier, reduces skin irritations and shine).
Apply the foundation (colour matched) with a good quality (natural bristle) foundation brush (incl a light sweep on lips and lashes), subtle eye make up applied looking down at a magnified mirror, lip liner and lipstick (stays in place for much longer because of the foundation base, blot add a layer of powder, reapply lipstick and blot again) perhaps a sweep of blush and set in place with translucent powder.
Clothes: I wear whatever is comfortable, but looks semi fashionable, natural fabrics, minus tags, for me wedges/chunky heels are the most comfortable heeled shoe.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 12:26 am

DataLore, be happy that you have good skin, if I had it then I would not wear foundation :)

For the people saying that they have oily skin, you have to use a foundation, bb cream, tinted moisturizer that is meant for oilier skin. Also use a little loose powder (better than pressed) at the end to lock in the makeup, I use a stipple brush, it works well, a primer before also helps like Amity wrote.

It sounds like a lot of products but the key is to use thin layers, and blending well and using good tools and products. Also it is very important that you apply make up on a really clean, moisturized face, make sure you use peeling sometimes, applying makeup on flaky skin will look horrible. Same goes for lips, you can’t wear lipstick on dry flaky lips. There are some good eye primers, I always use them if I’m wearing eye shadow, otherwise it creases badly.

And be careful with your tools, make sure you clean them regularly or they will be filled with bacteria, and don’t use eye makeup when you have a cold or something with your eyes, and don’t use old make up, like old mascara.

If you want to learn how to use make up watch videos, look up pictures with people with similar coloring as yourself and practice or you can’t get better.

RoseDuste
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 May 2015, 2:06 am

I love eyeshadow! I have a large collection of INGLOT Freedom system eyeshadows that are great because you pick out which ones you want in your pallet. They all have to be metallic/glittery. Matte is so boring. I usually have at least 3 colours in a gradient across my lids. I get lots of compliments on it, because most girls have little eyeshadow or use nudes.

I don't use eyeliner unless it's a special occassion as it takes so long and I suck at putting it on. If I want a little flick of black from the edge of my eye I just use black eyeshadow. So quick and no mess. I always add mascara top and bottom.

I have adult acne around my mouth, so I like to cover that. I don't do cakeface, just wipe on some waterbased cream foundation and pat on some powder. You can still see blemishes through it so it looks really natural without that awful redness and blotchy skin tone. I don't do blush.

All up my routine takes me probably less than 2 minutes to put on. I can't imagine how women can stand to do it for 20 minutes or so.

I hate clubs, but I love pretty clothes. I find pants extremely uncomfortable, and dresses are great because you don't have to co-ordinate two pieces of clothing. My solution was to just wear cocktail dresses anywhere I like. That way I get to wear my pretties. No one cares. People just think I dress very nicely.
At home I go for comfort, but when out I'm okay with dresses made from uncomfortable fabric, as it's still a dress with no freaking inseams along my inner thighs! Inseams aside, I'm more bothered by bulky clothing than the fabric itself. I can sit in a dress with a tulle petticoat that's scratching my legs and be much happier than if I had a jumper or coat on. They feel so heavy and restrictive. (You can see why I hate winter)

mel113
Raven
Raven

05 May 2015, 10:45 am

Ya know what I want....to go to a "club" aka: a place I know with a small amt of people I want to be with, lots a alcohol, music I like at the volume I want...then I can dress up and have a good time :p

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 6:24 pm

Quote:
I Want To Wear More Makeup.....

Ok, I guess I'll let you.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

mel113
Raven
Raven

09 May 2015, 11:25 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Quote:
I Want To Wear More Makeup.....

Ok, I guess I'll let you.

;p Oh thank you Ma'am! Your permission means the world to me! Hehehe

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 3:13 pm

I only wear lipstick, powder eye shadow, and mascara. I cant wear foundation because it's heavy and sticky and I am afraid it'll smear because I can't stand keeping my hands away from my face. Blush I don't need because I have extremely pink cheeks and don't cover them with foundation.

I only wear my lipstick and eye make up when going out on a date. And since my eye shadow is powder it doesn't weigh a whole lot and I don't really feel it. and I only wear a very light perfume so it doesn't overwhelm me.

And for pretty clothing, I can't wear anything tight. I am heavy so I can't wear spaghetti straps because of my bra. I can't wear heels for a number of reasons (I have balance issues in sneakers.) I don't like having my belly exposed. Etc, etc. I live in jeans and t-shirts. Some of my t-shirts are pretty, with butterflies on them, but they are still t-shirts.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 3:17 pm

Oh, and I only wear pastel eye shadow and pink shade of lipsticks because I have extremely fair skin. Anything dark would look clownish.