Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 4:01 pm

mel113 wrote:
Jewelry ends up bothering me and I take it off at home too XD

I have problems with jewelry too. I love looking at it, but I can't wear it for very long. Necklaces are no problem, rings I can tolerate for a few hours. Earrings though... I like them, but they hurt me. I can rarely wear them for more than an hour or so before I have to take them out. Smaller are better, it's the dangling ones that hurt me most. I just can't wear them.

Bracelets can be hit or miss, light lose chains are best. Hard, heavy, or tight don't work.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 10:58 am

mel113 wrote:
Ya know what I want....to go to a "club" aka: a place I know with a small amt of people I want to be with, lots a alcohol, music I like at the volume I want...then I can dress up and have a good time :p

I couldn't go to a club. Chances are they wouldn't play music that I like and I find alcohol gross.

I do wear scoop necks and v-necks with nothing under it sometimes, but I really don't go anywhere where I can show off due to my lack of a social life.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

mel113
Raven
Raven

12 May 2015, 4:01 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
mel113 wrote:
Ya know what I want....to go to a "club" aka: a place I know with a small amt of people I want to be with, lots a alcohol, music I like at the volume I want...then I can dress up and have a good time :p

I couldn't go to a club. Chances are they wouldn't play music that I like and I find alcohol gross.

I do wear scoop necks and v-necks with nothing under it sometimes, but I really don't go anywhere where I can show off due to my lack of a social life.

Well like I said with my definition of "club" I don't know a single real club that would be like that XD (nevermind that I don't know a single club at all)

Eloquaint
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2015, 12:36 pm

I can't endure mascara or heavy foundations or lipstick; they feel claustrophobic to me. But I wear sunscreen mixed with a drop of tinted moisturizer every day (the tinted moisturizer is to prevent that pearly look you can get from sun block), because sun exposure is so bad for the long-tern health of your skin, and I'm pale and burn badly very fast. I wear eyeliner (pencil) in whatever color takes my fancy (turquoise is doing it for me right now), and I like lip gloss or stains, and sometimes concealer under my eyes, and out the door I go. Takes five minutes or less.

Do apply any BB cream or foundation or even sunscreen with a brush-the results are much better. Other than that, if you want to wear makeup, the trick is to practice. Just practice and practice until you can get the look you want consistently and in an acceptable amount of time. Neutrogena oil-free eye make up remover will take off not only eye makeup but anything else you put on your face gently. Use it with cotton balls.

There are probably literally millions of makeup tutorials on Youtube. Try searching something like "simple everyday makeup" for a starter lesson.

alienbabe
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Aug 2015, 4:20 am

I wear a whole face of makeup daily (eyeshadow,liner,mascara,foudnation,powder,blush etc) but I never wear lip stuff. Its too uaghhh, I hate the feeling that it can smudge easily and make me look like a fool.

ding1991
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2015, 9:29 am

I have the same sitution XD I can make beautiful make up and put on nice dress and then stay at home, because when i go outsite looking like this i feel myself very uncomfortable, it seems that everyone is gazing at me. And when i go to the clubs or parties i usually wear some old t-shirts and torn pants. I am a freelancer and it is okey for me to go outside wearing the same clothes, in which i have just written the paperhelp.org review, sitting in my bed.

SilverAmazon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2015, 1:54 am

ding1991 wrote:
I have the same sitution XD I can make beautiful make up and put on nice dress and then stay at home, because when i go outsite looking like this i feel myself very uncomfortable, it seems that everyone is gazing at me. And when i go to the clubs or parties i usually wear some old t-shirts and torn pants. I am a freelancer and it is okey for me to go outside wearing the same clothes, in which i have just written the paperhelp.org review, sitting in my bed.

That is almost me exactly. Everytime I do my makeup properly I feel really self conscious when I go outside. I have some lovely vintage style clothing that I really want to wear - (I do burlesque and cabaret classes so mix with similar styled people). But again would feel anxious about going out dressed in them, especially in the summer I think I would be better in the winter when it gets dark early. Normally the most I do is eye shadow and mascara. I am lucky in that I have very blue eyes so most eye shadow colours make them pop.

lauriefrance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Aug 2015, 6:55 pm

I love wearing makeup, but I'm really bad at putting it on. I wish I could have some kind of lessons. I also like to dress up more than I should. But I don't look good in most clothes. I feel constricted in them. So I usually wear yoga pants and tank tops. I'm debating if I should get ipsy right now because I like makeup and I want to wear more.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 9:41 am

I have trouble doing eye makeup so it's usually just a bit of colour on the lids after everything else (face, cheeks*, lips). It makes me look unfinished but I can't do anything else. I wish I could wear makeup during the day without looking silly.

* Yes I only just figured out how to apply blush properly. I have high yet rather short cheekbones so I can only use a rather thin brush to apply it (no more than an inch wide)

cheryll
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Aug 2015, 10:04 am

I don't do foundation often even though I could do with it. I don't like the feel and I feel self-conscious about how it looks after a few hours because I know it can start looking gross, especially when you have oily skin like me. I just wear a bit of concealer and then some powder. I usually wear mascara as well but it took ages for me to get used to the feel of it. I wouldn't wear any makeup if I had great skin and was confident. I went through a stage of wearing a bit too much and I wasn't brilliant at applying it - less is more in my opinion also. It's my eyebrows that are a problem right now, I'm no good at eyebrows :(

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2015, 9:32 pm

Sometimes I wear a lot of makeup and other times I don't. I wear all sorts of different styles of it, depending on where I'm going and my overall look.

You might want to look at makeup tutorials on YouTube. I use a lot of them and have learned tons of stuff from them and knew a lot about makeup to begin with.

My favorites are Wayne Goss, Kandee Johnson, PinupDollAshleyMarie, CherryDollface, LisaFreemontStreet, and EmilyNoel. Start off with those and then look up more. Try different techniques and different types of makeups. It's fun!

I buy a lot of cheap brands and they work very well. Elf makeup brand is great and you can get a bigger discount if you buy it online. It's EyesLipsFace.com. They give you a discount code when you log on and you put that in when you check out and you can get up to 70% off and several free items as well. Considering that the most expensive thing Elf makes is the new HD makeup for $8, thats a great deal. I also use Wet N Wild from CVS or Walmart and LA Looks from Dollar General. Dollar Tree also has a lot of $1 stuff too. You can use different color concealer sticks for contouring, lipsticks for cream blushes, mix foundation shades to find your best one, and try creams, powders, pancake, or liquid foundations all for a couple bucks each at the cheap stores. Once you find what you like then you might want to try better brands of the same type product.

If you have visable pores of uneven texture at all, I really suggest a primer. I use the Elf primer for $6 and I use the green correcting one, which only has a slight green tint to it and doesn't show up very green at all and not any under makeup and it's to correct a red tone in my complexion. They also make a yellow primer if you want to go for the Kim Kardashian look. Primers go on so smooth and feel great and make your skin look wonderful. There are also blurring techniques you can use to cover acne or pores or wrinkles or whatever your problem is.

I love makeup lol. I could talk about it forever. If you would like to talk about it more, PM me or we can talk here. One thing I do want to REALLY STRESS is to get brushes and sponges to use and don't use those little flat brushes in the blush compacts or the eye shadow sponges that come with them. Brushes blend well and that is what you want. You can watch a few videos on how to do that and once I learned about that I noticed that sponges made eyes look terrible. You can buy Elf brushes for a dollar or two each or get some at the Dollar store for a buck. They don't have to be great quality to work good.

Good luck and have FUN! Let me know what you think of those YouTubers and also what kind of looks you like.

Also look at MakeupGeek, and PixieWoo. They are good as well.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2015, 11:41 am

I second OOM's primer motion. I've found wearing primer underneath seems to extend your makeup wear too. If your skins is dry/flaky yet oily at the same time like mine it really helps moisturize and smooth everything down so your foundation can go on more evenly.

Whats the best primer available from any of the normal pharmacy brands? I'm thinking of trying a new one.

wannabeprincess
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Sep 2015, 6:18 pm

I never use make-up. Only some foundation when I have to perform and I look very tired (I'm a musician).
I never wore makeup. Only when I was ± 12 years old, I was really into putting glitters and stuff on my whole face. I was experimenting. But after that (for several reasons) I never really wore makeup again. It's hard, because I feel kind of left out and different. It feels like I always have to compete with girls that actually do use make up, because they will always look prettier than me, although I look not that bad without make up. Still I feel disadvantaged.
Once in a while I'm really interested in makeup and looking more feminine with jewelery and nice feminine clothes, but I just can't stand the fabric of the clothes, the feeling of necklaces/bracelets. With makeup I'm always scared I will look like a mess, because first of all I hardly have any experience with putting on makeup. Secondly I'm not used to wear makup, so I touch my face during the day (rubbing my eyes and stuff) which would not be very handy with makeup on...
I'm just scared and frustrated. I wanna be a beautiful princess, but it feels impossible and I feel like I'm not good enough, not pretty enough and not feminine enough.. I try to feel good, pretty and feminine without makeup on, and without pretty dresses, but it is so hard...
I also always feel judged or that people look at me and think I'm weird or something, when I put on makeup, because they are not used seeing me with makeup on.
Why does it all have to be so difficult? Why can't we all just look natural, without all this fake stuff on our faces. It would make things so much easier...

Btw, I do wear earrings, but always the same ones. I never take them off but I also never change them. The ones I wear I can sleep with without any problems.

Ugh, when I think about all these things I'm getting so frustrated again.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 1:17 am

I really like wearing makeup, but it's usually lip gloss or lipstick with the occasional eye makeup. I used to wear eye makeup a lot more often than I do now, but I do well at applying it when I do wear it. I absolutely enjoy wearing makeup in wacky colors! I own lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and even mascara in wacky colors. I guess you could say I love a lot of color!

When it comes to dressing up, comfort is key. I still try to look pretty, but I make sure it will be comfortable enough for me to wear for however long I'm going to wear it. I wish I could say that about a couple pairs of shoes I own.... My feet are sensitive to shoes. :cry: I get blisters if I wear uncomfortable shoes.

I wear jewelry once in a while, but I usually forget or don't have enough time to put it on.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 7:46 am

blue_bean wrote:
I second OOM's primer motion. I've found wearing primer underneath seems to extend your makeup wear too. If your skins is dry/flaky yet oily at the same time like mine it really helps moisturize and smooth everything down so your foundation can go on more evenly.

Whats the best primer available from any of the normal pharmacy brands? I'm thinking of trying a new one.

I've tried L'Oreal primer and lately I've been using ELF brand primer. In fact that's the brand of makeup I've been buying exclusively lately. It surprised me that it was so good, to be so cheap. The primer I use right now is the pore perfecting one but I had a tone correcting one before. This pore correcting one makes my face feel as smooth as a baby's butt if it were made out of silicone. You should so try it! It's only $6.

You can look at their website and actually order directly from there if you want to. I never did that but I've looked at it quite a bit and might order there next time. It's EyesLipsFace.com The give you a coupon code to use when you first get there and it takes up to 70% off your total, so it's a steal for real.

The L'Oreal primer was $11 and the ELF is much better I think. Also, I use the eyelid primer from them as well. I put it not only on my eyelids but also under my eyes where I'm starting to get fine lines and it keeps concealer and all from caking up in there. In fact, I followed Wayne Goss's tip and skipped the foundation under my eyes and only put on concealer there. I also bought the ELF (you guessed it was this brand, didn't you?) under eye powder to use instead of the regular translucent mattifying powder and I put the under eye powder on with a little brush and it just does not go into those fine lines. It's really amazing. Works so much better than any other brands I've used.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 8:04 am

wannabeprincess wrote:
I never use make-up. Only some foundation when I have to perform and I look very tired (I'm a musician).
I never wore makeup. Only when I was ± 12 years old, I was really into putting glitters and stuff on my whole face. I was experimenting. But after that (for several reasons) I never really wore makeup again. It's hard, because I feel kind of left out and different. It feels like I always have to compete with girls that actually do use make up, because they will always look prettier than me, although I look not that bad without make up. Still I feel disadvantaged.
Once in a while I'm really interested in makeup and looking more feminine with jewelery and nice feminine clothes, but I just can't stand the fabric of the clothes, the feeling of necklaces/bracelets. With makeup I'm always scared I will look like a mess, because first of all I hardly have any experience with putting on makeup. Secondly I'm not used to wear makup, so I touch my face during the day (rubbing my eyes and stuff) which would not be very handy with makeup on...
I'm just scared and frustrated. I wanna be a beautiful princess, but it feels impossible and I feel like I'm not good enough, not pretty enough and not feminine enough.. I try to feel good, pretty and feminine without makeup on, and without pretty dresses, but it is so hard...
I also always feel judged or that people look at me and think I'm weird or something, when I put on makeup, because they are not used seeing me with makeup on.
Why does it all have to be so difficult? Why can't we all just look natural, without all this fake stuff on our faces. It would make things so much easier...

Btw, I do wear earrings, but always the same ones. I never take them off but I also never change them. The ones I wear I can sleep with without any problems.

Ugh, when I think about all these things I'm getting so frustrated again.

You don't have to be super feminine to be hot. Look at Joan Jett! She's not at all feminine but she was the bomb back in the day.

As for makeup, try a loose mineral powder foundation. It's very easy to put on and looks natural and you can put it on heavier or lighter, depending on the amount of coverage you want. Look at some of the YouTube video tutorials about how to use it.

For your eyes, get some waterproof smudge resistant eyeliner and mascara and some light neutrals or nude pallette eyeshadows. Put the medium shadow on the lid, the dark in the crease, the light under the brow and blend with a brush. Then put a thin line of eyeliner on the top lid right next to the lash line and some mascara. Add a little lipstick and you are done. It's enough to look polished but not so much that you look overdone.

Not knowing how is how we all start out. You learn by doing and practicing. Get some makeup and a mirror, some brushes and sponges and a mirror and sit down in front of the computer and start watching the tutorials and try them as you are watching them. Do it step by step with them.