Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 11:18 am

Each person is best served by developing a style that feels true to themselves. I wear only mascara and eyebrow tint, and that makes me look nice without looking all yucky. At times I will add lipstick. Of course it is relevant that I am over 60, and older women look better with less makeup; but really at no time did I make up heavily.

I would be most comfortable if all the clothes I bought were natural fiber, but what's available these days is slinky polyester stuff, and you need to wear shapewear with it if you don't want to look all bulgy. That's what I wear to work, and some days I can't wait to get home and strip all of it off or at least the shapewear. Much of my leisure time is spent in a cotton nightgown or a loose-fitting "float dress" or "lounger," basically not too different than a muumuu, though not called that.

One thing that concerns me more than it used to, is all the chemicals in the makeup that can cause cancer. Like most people I suppose, I decided to ignore that factor - until I got cancer. (Fortunately, a minor and treated case.) Now I'm very cautious about what I expose myself to.