Adult autism test covered by insurance?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 1:42 pm

I got a special deal at a local university for $100 for a full evaluation, an evaluation that was spread out into once a week sessions of about 5 hours each for 3 months.

So, maybe check the psychological centers of nearby colleges and universities.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 1:47 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
I got a special deal at a local university for $100 for a full evaluation, an evaluation that was spread out into once a week sessions of about 5 hours each for 3 months.

Holy crap, that's a lot of assessment! Five hours per week over the course of twelve weeks...that's 60 hours! What kinds of things did you do there?

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 2:30 pm

starkid wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:

Holy crap, that's a lot of assessment! Five hours per week over the course of twelve weeks...that's 60 hours! What kinds of things did you do there?

Yeah, and that isn't including the the post-evaluation discussion session which will be in a few weeks.

Here is what we did:
-Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale
-Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory
-Wechsler Memory Scale
-Rorschach Inkblot Test
-Adult Asperger Assessment
-Several shorter tests I did not recognize
-Discussing documents from my elementary schools that I gave them
-Discussing the tests I took.
-Discussing my life in general
-A short game of Mills

I could have opted for a more complete assessment if I had more money to spend, but I didn't think that was worthwhile.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x