do you often scare or startle people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 2:33 pm

Do you often find your self unintentionally scaring or startling people when you walk by them? like, you walk near them and they turn their head, see you, and then jump? Or you say something and they jump? I find that happens sll the time with me. It used to annoy me but now I just think it's funny.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2015, 5:31 pm

All the time!

I don't mean to!

I also have this neat trick of being invisible where people don't notice me at all! Seems to be some strange phenomenon

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 7:03 pm

I never thought I'd make a good Ninja or anything, but sometimes when I lived in a home I'd be outside the bathroom waiting to get in while a staff was using it, and when they came out they'd jump because I'd be standing there so quietly. Since "Mother Nature" is one thing that can't be rushed, pounding on the door and ordering them to hurry up won't help. :lol:

Most of the time though most people don't even seem to notice me at all, even when I'm screaming out a question that no one answered because my asking quietly and calmly was like speaking to the air. And even then they don't answer. Then I might try to say something they *would* notice, like "I'm going to set this building on fire!" :twisted:

Sometimes it's other people who startle me, because I'm so busy concentrating on something, like reading a book. Reading is the one thing that I do where I just tune the whole world out.

When I was younger I thought I stood out quite a bit due to my somewhat unusual attire. Not many other women wore a jean jacket with a large, hand-painted Troll Doll on the back unless they wanted to look like Mimi from The Drew Carey show.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 May 2015, 10:00 pm

No I do not

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 10:09 pm

Many times I have been accused of being "sneaky".

bluesage01
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2015, 10:16 pm

Mostly, I try to sit quietly and tune in to surroundings,
but people often single me out to talk to. Hmmm.

"Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?"
'

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 10:26 pm

Yes I startle people all the time, especially at work, somehow I manage to be invisible even while wearing bright colors.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 12:14 am

Probably not that often but more often than other people do. At work we mostly work facing away from the door. So when I speak to my coworkers, it's usually from behind. I have a habit of walking very quietly and they don't realize I'm behind them until I speak to them.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 2:12 am

Yes. I don't know how to interrupt people, so if someone's busy I'll tend to just stand there quietly beside them until they turn around and jump out of their skin when they see me. I also have a knack for changing location in a room frequently and soundlessly, which startles people at times. Or they just forget I'm in the room altogether and jump when they notice me.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 8:23 am

Yes, I constantly startle people even to my own family. I don't mean to do it, but it just happens