Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

thiswaygo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2015, 1:06 pm

Yesterday was my second visit with the doctor in getting a diagnosis. On my first visit last week he'd said I would have two visits for an interview and a third visit to take some tests.

Yesterday he said he wanted to talk some more next week, about my high school years. No tests...

Yesterday he mentions OCD, OCPD and Social Anxiety Disorder.

I really don't want to make a lot of visits, I just want to get this over with. He isn't stringing me along, is he? He seems like a really nice guy.

Is OCD, OCPD and Social Anxiety Disorder common with AS?

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2015, 2:50 pm

I'm not sure about OCPD, but social anxiety is common with AS and OCD is also a common comorbid.

SideOfTheHill
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2015, 7:34 pm

OCD is one of my many diagnoses, and I definitely have it, there's no mistake. I've never been diagnosed with any kind of autism, not even sure if I could be, at this point. (But I definitely have a lot of traits, and always have had; I believe I am autistic, just don't want to deal with any more doctors than I have to. Especially after reading here, some of the experiences that adults have had, when trying to be diagnosed.)

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 11:33 pm

Before I was diagnosed, I knew something was wrong. And I started reading about an alphabet soup set of conditions that could explain my behavior.

I am fairly confident if I wasn’t diagnosed with Asperger’s, I would certainly have been diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD). I certainly have many of the symptoms (including being detailed-oriented, being a perfectionist, having workaholic tendencies, being inflexible and rigid, etc.).