08 May 2015, 7:46 pm

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 8:06 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
https://whyifailedinamerica1.wordpress.com/2015/04/14/429/

What do you all think?

I've had lots of interaction with these types on online forums, and have tried to follow their advice. When I fail, I am called lazy and useless and banned from the forum. In one case PR advocates on a forum were telling me to do something which would have forced me to defy and lie to my parents, whose land I live on. When I refused, I was called a quitter and lazy, and got psychobabble spewed at me. When I tried to point out that it would be a bad idea to defy my parents, the psychobabble and accusations simply got more vehement. Finally I was simply banned. Humans are pack animals and simply repeat what they're told without thinking.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 8:11 pm

pezar wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

What do you all think?

I've had lots of interaction with these types on online forums, and have tried to follow their advice. When I fail, I am called lazy and useless and banned from the forum. In one case PR advocates on a forum were telling me to do something which would have forced me to defy and lie to my parents, whose land I live on. When I refused, I was called a quitter and lazy, and got psychobabble spewed at me. When I tried to point out that it would be a bad idea to defy my parents, the psychobabble and accusations simply got more vehement. Finally I was simply banned. Humans are pack animals and simply repeat what they're told without thinking.

Will you Please link me to examples especially in which you were expected to lie and defy your parents?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 8:18 pm

Obviously, these people are nuts. How can you really listen to somebody on a forum who doesn't know your situation?

Nothing wrong with taking responsibility for yourself.

But you also have to take other people into account as well.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 1:09 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
pezar wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

What do you all think?

Will you Please link me to examples especially in which you were expected to lie and defy your parents?

I went to Survivalist Boards and searched but couldn't find it. Maybe if you go to survivalistboards.com and search for the username "Angry Cow" (me) you might find it.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 1:49 am

cubedemon6073, one link to your blog should suffice, I think. The others have been removed.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 9:15 am

Booyakasha wrote:
cubedemon6073, one link to your blog should suffice, I think. The others have been removed.

If you don't mind, can you explain your reasoning further as to why you removed my other entries? They're about different topics that I wanted other member's opinions on. If I broke any rule can you please explain what rule I broke and how I broke it? Thank You.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 9:19 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

If you don't mind, can you explain your reasoning further as to why you removed my other entries? They're about different topics that I wanted other member's opinions on. If I broke any rule can you please explain what rule I broke and how I broke it? Thank You.

They were reported as spamming. You can post a link to your blog or a website once you have significantly contributed to the forum, but posting five links in five different threads is self promotion which is against the rules.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 10:20 am

Booyakasha wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

They were reported as spamming. You can post a link to your blog or a website once you have significantly contributed to the forum, but posting five links in five different threads is self promotion which is against the rules.

You're making the claim that what I did was self-promotion. Okay, can you please define what self-promotion is and can you please explain by my posting those five links in five different threads is considered self-promotion?

What product did I sell exactly? What did I promote about myself exactly?

Looking at this entry in Urban Dictionary of Self-Promotion can you tell me exactly how I did anything remotely like this?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... -promotion

Can you tell me as to how I fit the profile of this definition or any other definition of self-promotion?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=se ... definition

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 10:21 am

You were posting countless links to your blog....sorry, but that is promotion of your blog.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 10:50 am

Booyakasha wrote:
You were posting countless links to your blog....sorry, but that is promotion of your blog.

I will keep this in mind for future reference to follow in the future. I will have to respectfully disagree with this rule and the mods decision on this. As some people say, "It's all good though."

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 10:55 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

I will keep this in mind for future reference to follow in the future. I will have to respectfully disagree with this rule and the mods decision on this. As some people say, "It's all good though."

Thank you very much for your understanding.