Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 10:39 am

Okay, so, here's a question for you all because I'm bored and because of trying to use my 360 earlier:

What are your favorite controllers? Can be for any console. And how about least favorite?

Comes to mind because I was trying to try out Minecraft on the 360 (to play with a couple of friends that dont have the PC version), and that controller, ahhh.... I cant use it for that game. I cant hold the triggers down, as something about that specific part of the controller causes my arm to go bad almost immediately if I try that. ONLY with the 360 controller. And the game wouldnt let me switch the buttons around.... so yeah, it inspires this topic.

If I had to pick my own favorites and least favorites, ahh...

Probably the Saturn's controller for a favorite. The thing is just so freaking well made. It works *perfectly* and I for once have no complaints at all with it. The Gamecube controllers (or the replicas recently) comes in a close second.

Least favorite: The Intellivision controller. It has the excuse of being downright ancient, when nobody really knew how to make controllers, but.... that thing.... how could ANYONE have thought it'd ever work? Look it up if you dont know what I mean; there's nothing else like it (this is a good thing).

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 12:06 pm

My favorite controller has to be the DualShock 3 for ps3, I find it a bit more comfortable than the DS4.

As for my least favorite I gotta go with the N64 controller, no need for an explication there. :|

Fibbox
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 May 2015, 12:24 pm

Dualshock for the PS2. It's really the only one that i've played with, aside from some bootleg replacement i still ought to have lying around here, so let's say the bootleg one is the worst i've used.

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2015, 10:40 pm

I quite like the standard Xbox 360 controllers as well as the DualShock 4, though it does feel a bit cheap. GameCube controllers are nice as well.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 11:14 pm

Xbox One, SNES and Gamecube. Xbox 360 and Dualshock series are good too, but I find the Dualshock's analog sticks a bit awkward personally and the 360 has one of the worst D-Pads ever. I'm also quite fond of the Wii U Gamepad, though my hands cramp up after long sessions....

Most hated controllers: touchscreens and motion controls.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 12:00 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
Xbox One, SNES and Gamecube. Xbox 360 and Dualshock series are good too, but I find the Dualshock's analog sticks a bit awkward personally and the 360 has one of the worst D-Pads ever. I'm also quite fond of the Wii U Gamepad, though my hands cramp up after long sessions....

Most hated controllers: touchscreens and motion controls.

Ah yes, the 360's dpad.

The only one I've ever seen where it's actually possible to push UP on it and have it register as you pushing DOWN. Hate the thing. Particularly considering that my main game type on that console is all bullet-hell shmups, which require absolute accuracy.

I have though found a funky adaptor gadget though that can translate the inputs of most other controllers into whatever console (or PC) you want to use them on... I intend on giving that a try to see if it works out; then I can just use the PS4 controller on that thing, like I do with the PC.

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 1:19 am

My favorites are the original gamecube controller and the sega genesis controller.
I liked the shape and size of the SNES controller, but not the button layout. That's the same thing I dislike about XBox and Playstation controllers, though the latter are slightly better because the buttons are a bit farther apart.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 10:18 am

My fav ones are the Game Cube and Dualshock 4. I love the Wii U game pad too, even though it starts to feel too big during long sessions.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 1:14 pm

I've only mainly used ps1/2/3, ps4, xbox 360, sega and nitendo,

i'ved tried the xbox one and nitendo gamecube. hate hate hate the gamecube.

favorite. idk I used the 360 for 7 years, now ps4 for 2ish. but i dont' use them side by sid so I an't say which is better. going back and forth is confusing to adapt at first though.

I like the ps4 over ps3 though way more comfortable, although the grip meterial becomes icky feeling after gaming for 4 plus ours, where the ps3, xbox never did.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 2:30 pm

Xbox One is my favorite DS4 and Xbox 360 tie for second. If Sony would finally switch the position of the left analog stick and the Dpad, the DS4 could possibly be my favorite. Xbox Controller S and Dreamcast are next on the list. Least favorite would either be N64 or PS1 controller prior to analog sticks.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 6:25 pm

Misery wrote:
Comes to mind because I was trying to try out Minecraft on the 360 (to play with a couple of friends that dont have the PC version), and that controller, ahhh.... I cant use it for that game.

This controller is really great: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EOI2KE8/

It's so good, it makes my Logitech PC gamepads feel like cheap garbage by comparison =(

It has silly bright, distracting LEDs that glow on the underside of it, and the d-pad is a little stiff, but other than that, I really like it. The L and R triggers feel more like digital triggers (which is perfect because probably 90% of games don't use analogue triggers), and the d-pad is 100x more precise than anything Microsoft could ever design.

Also, when it's well stocked, it's only about $25.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 4:18 am

I ALMOST FORGOT ONE.

The Wiimote.

I'd mentioned the Intellivision controller as the worst, but I must not have been thinking hard enough, as my ACTUAL worst is the Wiimote. A device I hate SO much that it tempts me heavily with the prospect of running the demonic thing over with the car every single time I use it for more than 10 seconds.

Seriously, I freaking LOATHE it.

I *have* destroyed a few of them on the occasions when my patience snaps. They really, really had it coming by committing the grave crime of existing while being a Wiimote.

Also I'd really love the ability to NOT have to connect my controller to that thing just to play Smash or whatever it is at the time (cannot use the big controller for many of the games I have, unless I want to fail miserably at them).

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 8:24 pm

Oh I forgot to mention this is the best controller ever made:

VladimierNorton
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 May 2015, 12:32 am

The dreamcast controller. Yes ther are better controllers then it. However, I like to believe that the xbox controller was directly influenced by the dreamcast controller. And I like the xbox 360 controller. Still, the dreamcast is the best. A lot easier to use then that damned N64 controller.

beneners
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2015, 6:00 am

I like the Xbox controller quite a bit, it fits quite nice.
When I started using the DS3 i found it quite small in my hands after using the XBox but over time i got used to it a bit more. I like the DS4 but i would rather it be a little smaller like the DS3.

I really don't like the Wii U way to big, the Wii is meh.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 8:39 am

I actually really like being able to have a Wiimote in one hand and a nunchuck in the other. When you don't have to point at stuff, or waggle, you can rest your arms in a more comfortable position, without looking like you're playing with yourself @_@

I do dislike having to use the Wiimote as a dongle for the Classic Controller, though. One of these days I need to get one of those adapters that lets you plug it into the GameCube controller ports (obviously a moot point on the Wii U, however).