Long distance relationship ended

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Zidiane
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2015, 2:11 pm

Hi, I was diagnosed with Asperger's at a young age. I don't meet people very often, and I have a hard time talking to new people. But I met a girl in December. She was really great. We had been talking a lot (~15k messages between us, if my estimate is correct). She told me that it wasn't a relationship, but it was very confusing because we would do things that people in a relationship did. And she would get jealous of this girl at my job, and of this girl who I asked to the movies, and she would say she cared about me, amoung other things. But, just last week she told me she's going to be dating someone else and so we can't talk much anymore. Which is really, really hard now. I really liked her a lot. And it wasn't just that I liked her, she soothed a lot of problems I have, and was just all around fun to talk to. Here's a little clip of something I said to her after she told me we were done (there was more in the blog entry, but it's a lot; I'm also not even sure she read all of it, or even to this point):

"I am a better person with you than I thought I could be. When I get bitter, or say or do something stupid, you know exactly how to maneuver me back to my normal self. When my mind and heart is seized by fear and I feel so much pressure that I can't even breath, you almost magically, with a snap of your fingers, pull me back to reality. When I'm stuck, nearly catatonic, completely paralyzed by apathy, you're the defibrillator that makes my heart beat again, that jolts me back to life. You do all this for me and more, many times when I don't even realize I need your help... but I don't think you realize just how much you do. I feel like... for the first time, talking to you, I feel genuine joy. It's like I actually enjoy living and want to experience more of what life has for me."

This is what this girl did for me. But now she's gone, and she's never coming back (even though we aren't on no-talking terms, the person she was when she helped me is nowhere in sight). I don't know what to do. I'm stuck, worse than I've ever been stuck before. She would be able to fix me I'm sure, even if it was something else making me stuck, but I'm on my own now. I don't know what to do.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 3:55 pm

Everything online is very temporary, whether it's acquaintance or what you consider friendship or relationship, will come to an end unless you meet the person.

The best thing you can do from now on is not doing it again.

dionysian
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 6:52 pm

Everything comes to an end regardless of where it happens...

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

Zidiane
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2015, 9:37 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Everything online is very temporary, whether it's acquaintance or what you consider friendship or relationship, will come to an end unless you meet the person.

I know everything is temporary, that everything ends. Life inevitably ends as well, but we still mourn the death of a loved one.

I met the person twice. Once in December, where we met, and then again in Febuary. We met through conventions we went to, and we were using that as a way to see each other without too much extra exertion. Our next meeting is in two weeks, but it will most likely be much less enjoyable than the last meeting.

Comets
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 May 2015, 10:21 pm

Long-distance relationships are incredibly difficult, and yes--a lot of people do end them for something closer to home. No one needs to have done anything wrong.

You certainly have the power to handle your own feelings, though. If you keep telling yourself you need a woman to make you okay... that's the way it's going to stay.

Zidiane
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2015, 4:23 am

Comets wrote:
You certainly have the power to handle your own feelings, though. If you keep telling yourself you need a woman to make you okay... that's the way it's going to stay.

I don't need "a woman". If it was just "a woman" I wanted I could have solved this problem already. She was unique. She made me better in parts of myself that I never knew could get better, and she fixed things I knew about but could never fix on my own.