Anyone here struggle with simple tasks?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

KaylamiYarne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2015, 1:59 pm

I don't bathe as near as often as I should. I find it unnecessary and a waste of time. I'll wash my feet with a rag every day, dry-shave my underarms and legs, and wear antiperspirant/deodorant. Needless to say, my arms and legs are often quite obviously dirty (I work in construction labor).
I love being clean, but I find the act of taking a shower exhausting sensory-wise and I hate it. So I end up bathing only a few times a month, as awful as that sounds.

I also find getting ready for bed, or ready for the day in the morning, extremely annoying and tiresome. Just putting on my shoes makes me cranky. I hate the feeling of anything on my feet so I go barefoot any chance I get. I especially struggle with taking my shirt off. Can anyone relate to any of this?

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2015, 6:01 pm

I can relate, I don't bathe as often as I should, although I don't really get that dirty, I just dislike showering.

I don't really get ready for bed... I just go to bed when I cannot stay awake any longer, and sleep naked as I cannot stand the feel of clothing when in bed.

I am not a "Morning" Person at all... very grumpy as I know there is so much to do that I really do not want to do and if I don't have work, I will probably be in slippers and dressing gown all day. (slippers are actually the only footwear I ware due to choice)

My Girlfriend who is very understanding does find it weird I struggle with such "easy, simple" tasks, however is happy to admit I point out several things she does which are futile and pointless.

Cyllya1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2015, 6:23 pm

I struggle with simple tasks because I always feel stressed, anxious, or depressed when faced with the possibility of doing a task, and the negative emotions are WAY out of proportion to the actual unpleasantness of the task. I recently made a topic about it, and people gave me some info about "autistic inertia." Here's the topic in case you find it helpful.

KaylamiYarne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2015, 8:00 am

Thank you Cyllya1, that was helpful. I've never heard of autistic inertia, but it makes so much sense.

UnturnedStone, it's great to have someone who understands :D My boyfriend witnessed me trying to take off my shirt (on webcam, it's a long-distance relationship) and he said "You seem to be struggling," and I told him that sometimes I forget how to take my shirt off and he errupted into a laughing conniption fit which kind of hurt my feelings at first, but then I started laughing too :lol: