Post a random fact about a video game.

Page 10 of 11 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 9:43 am

In Sonic and the Secret Rings, missions will open up after you defeat the final boss. Get Gold Medals on missions 4, 8 and 12 on Sand Oasis and you will unlock concept videos for the opening in production. Simarly, get gold medals on missions 3, 4 and 11 on Night Palace to unlock concept videos for the ending.

In The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, the book that tells you how to catch the Hylian Loach is called The Legend of the Hylian Loach: Twilight Fish!

yvaN_ehT_nioJ
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 12:09 am

Video games are not real life.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 8:10 am

yvaN_ehT_nioJ wrote:

Oh so true.

In FFX, you use a sphere grid to level up.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 9:39 am

yvaN_ehT_nioJ wrote:

Captain Obvious is in the house....

In Star Wars Battlefront II, you can unlock a special game mode on Mos Eisley and Kashyyk. The game mode pits the Light heroes (inlcuding the Jedi Order, Han Solo, and Leia) against the Dark heroes (including the Sith, the Fetts, and General Grevious) in a free for all game with the first team to reach a set amount of kills being the winner.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

yvaN_ehT_nioJ
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 10:10 pm

Video games don't have Captain Obvious in them.

21 May 2007, 5:45 pm

The Nintendo Company was sued for the first Mario Party game for some of their minigames where you had to spin the joy stick around and it hurts your hand and sometimes it rips your skin open.

The company was sued again because some 14 year old Arizona boy broke his arm while using the DK Bongos while playing Donkey Konga so his parents sued them.

yvaN_ehT_nioJ
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 7:34 pm

People don't sue each other for trivial things in video games.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 5:02 am

I cleared Final Fantasy (the first one) last Friday night. And I think Chaos, the final boss, was very easy to defeat.

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 6:35 am

The term RPG stands for Role-playing game.

Final Fantasy was created after the co-founder of Square was playing PC game Wizardry.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 7:00 am

TheAPERSON wrote:
The term RPG stands for Role-playing game.

Final Fantasy was created after the co-founder of Square was playing PC game Wizardry.

That itself may be true, but the name Final Fantasy (as may have been stated earlier in this thread) was given because Squaresoft was in financial trouble, and Hironobu Sakaguchi wanted to make his final game a fantasy game. Final Fantasy was gallows humour, but turned out, ironically, to be Square's salvation....

On sabbatical...

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 May 2007, 9:39 am

Some random facts. Mario's name used to be Jump Man. The company Nintendo has been around for 118 years founded in 1889.

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 11:24 am

SamuraiSaxen wrote:
I cleared Final Fantasy (the first one) last Friday night. And I think Chaos, the final boss, was very easy to defeat.

Easier than the final boss of Final Fantasy 10? Now *THAT* was an anticlimax. I think I used Auron's "Banishing Blade" once, then a basic attack from Tidus, and that was it for the first stage. And the final stage... one attack and he's beated. Pathetic!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2007, 7:31 pm

The character design of Damon Gant of the Phoenix Wright series was modeled after the Greek god Zeus.

Elemental
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 May 2007, 6:20 pm

In Deus Ex, you can stumble across Majestic 12 long before they "officially" appear in the story. If you follow a chain of events involving helping out Sandra, talking to her friend in the nightclub and chatting with Smuggler once you have the password to his den, you find out about sinister people in the sewers. There's a whole miniature MJ12 base set up down there, doing nefarious things with the water supply. If you come back later, you'll find that all the troops have been killed, even if you avoided them or took them out nonlethally. The organisation does not tolerate failure, it seems.

Also, it is possible to save Paul's life. During the ambush at the hotel, don't leave through the window like he advises you to. Instead, leave through the door and then through the front entrance of the hotel (it doesn't matter what you do to the attacking troops--using camo and sneaking out is just as valid as killing everyone).

Two of the "bosses" you face have self-destruct codes. If you find them out, you can kill them both without firing a shot.

Also, the guest register at the hotel lists Hippolyta Hall (The Sandman and Gully Foyle (The Stars My Destination) as guests.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 8:22 pm

In Final Fantasy XII, the Pharos Lighthouse Third Ascent is a confusing level.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 8:33 pm

In star wars: Knights of the old republic, it is better to play either all the way to the darkside, or all the way to the light side because being neutral doesn't give you nice bonuses to force powers like the others do.