Medical lab science vs medical school (pathology/radiology)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

What would you rather do?
Medical school 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Medical lab science 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 3

Freealex1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2015, 12:56 pm

I graduate in a year with a bachelors in medical lab science and I'm considering med school to become a pathologist or radiologist. I worry about clinical rotations in med school because you have to interact with patients a lot (ask questions, perform exams on patients, ect)

I am also just considering a masters in MLS but I don't know if it would be worth it.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 12:25 am

Freealex1 wrote:
I graduate in a year with a bachelors in medical lab science and I'm considering med school to become a pathologist or radiologist. I worry about clinical rotations in med school because you have to interact with patients a lot (ask questions, perform exams on patients, ect)

I am also just considering a masters in MLS but I don't know if it would be worth it.

you could also do the MD/PhD route and be a physician who does research.
are you academically capable of Medicine?

I knew several Pathologists on the Spectrum.
When you must interact with patients you can script the conversations in advance

Freealex1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2015, 9:46 pm

It's the clinical rotations during med school that bother me the most.

peregrina
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2016, 7:20 pm

This is a late reply, but I have something to share from my own experience. Clinical placement is very stressful. I survived ordeal of clinical placements. I graduated and practiced for a few years as a healthcare professional. It was draining. Regardless, interacting with people taxes me.