Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 9:39 pm

I seem to have a very odd sense of humor. For some reason I laughed hysterically at my mother who is suffering from delirium. While in the hospital she was vomiting and the nurses assistant gave her a device to put in her mouth to suck up the vomit. Instead of doing this she kept putting it down her throat making herself vomit more. Between the sound it was making and her lack of understanding how to operate the device is very hilarious to me. Does anyone else with AS have this problem? I call it a problem because people find me very insensitive to others pain and ills.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

beneners
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2015, 5:38 am

I'm not sure, that does sound funny though.

elysian1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2015, 3:24 pm

I get in trouble for inappropriate laughter all the time.

I remember cracking up laughing when my son was about 9 and learned the hard way why we don't eat pizza, tacos, ice cream and Jell-O all at the same time when we go to the buffet. As he was spewing all over his plate and the rest of the table, I was cackling uncontrollably. I mean he was a literal puke fountain which did remind me of the fat guy exploding at the end of "The Meaning of Life." The rest of my family was mortified. I got some hot rude stares for that one.

I find a lot of things hilarious that most people either think are gross, or they just don't get it. Sort of like Monty Python humor. I get Monty Python, and thoroughly enjoy it, as well as I love 80's slasher flicks, Beavis and Butt-head, and just about any off-the-wall animation out there.

Unfortunately, I can also take things way too literally, so the joke goes right over my head sometimes too. :heart: :skull: