Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Siskitty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2015, 4:40 pm

Hi! I came here for help, info, tips, etc on what job would fit my Aspie needs. I have been working 10 years in the following jobs:
Retail-8 years
Janitorial (current)2

I love to draw, read, write and think. I am also very oranized when it comes to my job. As of right now, due to the stress of my current job due to health issues; I am thinking about a new job that would suite me at best. I prefer to work alone and possibly from home as the state I live in has terrible public transportation and I can't drive due to anxiety and rocking while in motion. I am waiting to hear from my job coach sometime next week and I want to let him or her know what I want in my next job. My parents just want me to bring a good stable income for my expenses. Which is what I want too.
Thanks for any help!:$

gigstalksguy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 May 2015, 8:42 am

Have you ever thought of trying to work for yourself and make money online? If you live in the UK (couldn't see from your profile) there is a great system for making money, on your own, online, no selling etc, that would suit you and anyone with asperger's. Pm me if your interested

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 8:50 am

I am sorry to say that there is almost no good way to make money from home unless you have specific technical skills such as website design. Various work from home schemes are 99% scams or pyramid sales in which you need to know a lot of people to sell your products to. Serious work from home opportunities such as medical transcription are difficult and almost impossible to get into due to the enormous amount of hopeful applicants.

If any work from home opportunities come up, please check them out very carefully and always avoid paying for anything up front (paying for training, paying for products which you then have to sell, paying for seminars you have to attend, etc.)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 8:57 am

You should try to get a data-entry type position--especially evening shift.

The stress from bosses from these sorts of jobs is minimal once you are trained.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 9:15 am

Where you work can be just as important as what you do. Some places are really stressful, while others are more laid back. In some places, who you work for can make a big difference--a bad boss can make it tough for anyone.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 12:41 pm

Could you do online classes? You might have more choices if you have a 2 or 4 year degree under your belt.

gigstalksguy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 May 2015, 5:24 am

MollyTroubletail wrote:
I am sorry to say that there is almost no good way to make money from home unless you have specific technical skills such as website design. Various work from home schemes are 99% scams or pyramid sales in which you need to know a lot of people to sell your products to. Serious work from home opportunities such as medical transcription are difficult and almost impossible to get into due to the enormous amount of hopeful applicants.

If any work from home opportunities come up, please check them out very carefully and always avoid paying for anything up front (paying for training, paying for products which you then have to sell, paying for seminars you have to attend, etc.)

That's not true actually. I've made several hundred pounds each month recently by matched betting, which does not involve any selling or recruiting. It's just a simple copy and paste type formula, which I explain a bit about in this video, and it is really aspie friendly!

Unfortunately I don't know how well it works outside the UK :cry: but there are genuine online money making opportunities out there, sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error - but if something has potential I'd put in the work and go for it :arrow: