Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 1:00 pm

Does anyone have made up friends?

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 3:54 am

I suffer from imaginary audience sometimes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_audience

A problem where you imagine a large number of people listening to you or paying attention to you enthusiastically.

I have mostly grew out of it over the years but still have it slightly.

But, actual imaginary friends with real names, personality, etc.
?

No...

In the past I would also imagine thousands of possible future conversations with REAL people who I see sometimes at school, but 99.99% of them never happened.

I have also begun to grow out of this and try to make more and more of my imagined social interactions REAL social interactions...

graduate122
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2015, 5:57 pm

Yes. I roleplay like I am in certain situations and have different sets of friends

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 6:54 pm

graduate122 wrote:
Yes. I roleplay like I am in certain situations and have different sets of friends

Ah same. :)

yondoloki
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2015, 3:58 am

I had imaginary friends when I was younger, though still beyond the age you normally would have. When I was about 14 I think, I had a pegasus foal named Rane. He followed me everywhere. When I was younger I had a squirrel friend. These were the classic type of imaginary friends. They where in the world with me, I would see them walk around, interact with me.

I don't have that kind of imaginary friends anymore, except for a black panther called Sai, but she is a bit special, since she is my daemon (anyone who have read his dark materials will know what I'm talking about). I found a guide on the net how to find your daemon, and just for fun I tried, and there she was 8O she pops up once in a while, but not nearly to the same extent as Rane.

Other than that I do have loads of characters in my head which has helped me cope. They stay in there, in their own universe, but I often imagine them dealing with the things I experience and wonder how they would react.

Without love and disarming beauty
- Tuomas Holopainen, Nightwish

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 9:33 am

Phillip pullman is my fave author!

yondoloki
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2015, 11:51 am

Mine too!! ! :D Beats Harry Potter by a mile!

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 11:52 am

yondoloki wrote:
I don't have that kind of imaginary friends anymore, except for a black panther called Sai

lol when I first read this, I pictured you being friends with someone from the Black Panther party

yondoloki
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2015, 11:56 am

starkid wrote:
yondoloki wrote:
I don't have that kind of imaginary friends anymore, except for a black panther called Sai

lol when I first read this, I pictured you being friends with someone from the Black Panther party

nonono! XD Imaginary black panther, black jaguar to be precise. There is actually no animal called a black panther, it's either black jaguars, or more often black leopards.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 2:07 pm

Presently it is only the plush bear I sometimes sleep with, but that has more to do with staving off psychological marasmus due to lack of touch than friendship. :D

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 2:14 pm

No imaginary friends.

Lots of imaginary conversations with real people... Lots of imagining that people like or dislike me more than they actually do. Lots of imagining people actually think about me.

I don't have enough or the type of feedback I need to know what's going on in relationships, so my imagination fills in the gaps.

scyphozoa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2015, 4:59 am

Perhaps in a way. I'm usually in the midst of a series of dreams that I return to everynight with the same people and sometimes daydream there. I used to frequently anticipate going to bed so I could return to whatever scenario I'd be dreaming lately. There I have close friends and love interests and things I don't have in real life.

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2015, 1:24 pm

I used to have an imaginary friend when I was younger, Blaine. I never really pretend played with him because I had hard time trying to pretend play.

DestinedToBeAPotato
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: floating on the molecular clouds of interstellar space

31 May 2015, 1:37 pm

Yes. Well sort of.. I generally have daydreams that literally unfold like a film, sometimes these daydreams last months and take a life of their own.. The weird thing is that some of the characters in my daydreams have been around for years. They have actually grown and matured.. It's weird.

yondoloki
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2015, 9:39 am

DestinedToBeAPotato wrote:
Yes. Well sort of.. I generally have daydreams that literally unfold like a film, sometimes these daydreams last months and take a life of their own.. The weird thing is that some of the characters in my daydreams have been around for years. They have actually grown and matured.. It's weird.

I have those too! I just haven't though of them as imaginary friends, since they aren't my friends, but characters of their own world. They live their own life.

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

06 Jun 2015, 10:13 am

I daydream big time, and have a whole pretend family. It helps me cope with loneliness. I have been working with a therapist who says imaginary worlds are very common in autism.