Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aretilda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 May 2015, 12:14 pm

Destiny was my very first game for my new Xbox One and I've loved it the moment I first started playing it, I've been very addicted to it for months! It's just the funnest FPS I've ever played and possible the funnest game I've ever played, I've even bought all of the DLC.

I highly recommend it!

What do you think about Destiny? Thoughts comments?

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 1:25 pm

Destiny is my favorite game on my Xbox 360. All three of my characters are at Level 31, so now I mainly just do bounties and patrols during commercials while watching TV in the evenings. I find it a good stress reliever to just hang out in the Cosmodrome's Divide and headshot enemies while ignoring television ads. :D

aretilda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 May 2015, 10:08 pm

Marky9 wrote:
Destiny is my favorite game on my Xbox 360. All three of my characters are at Level 31, so now I mainly just do bounties and patrols during commercials while watching TV in the evenings. I find it a good stress reliever to just hang out in the Cosmodrome's Divide and headshot enemies while ignoring television ads. :D

I don't have cable too expensive and I really hate commercials, I just have Netflix. My new Xbox One has TV in fact you can watch TV and play video games at the same time, just snap the windows side by side. I will never get tired of Destiny.

worriedfire
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2015, 7:00 pm

I have Destiny on PS4 - I actually got the special white Destiny version of the console so it came with Destiny.

I've tried getting into it a few times but I never get very far. Kinda ashamed to admit, but I think the farthest I ever got was level 3 or 4. It seems like a very cool game, but I always end up feeling discouraged because I have nobody to play it with.

aretilda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2015, 10:00 pm

worriedfire wrote:
I have Destiny on PS4 - I actually got the special white Destiny version of the console so it came with Destiny.

I've tried getting into it a few times but I never get very far. Kinda ashamed to admit, but I think the farthest I ever got was level 3 or 4. It seems like a very cool game, but I always end up feeling discouraged because I have nobody to play it with.

Well the game constantly has you around and paired up with other players on basically every map and mode in the game, you can always get a headset too and make friends, I got a free headset with my Xbox One I don't use it though (social anxiety), but really you didn't get high enough level to enjoy most of the PVP features. You literally can't do a thing in Destiny without being paired up automatically with players.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 12:37 am

I ended up getting it myself on PS4 recently on a random whim; I figured, I hadnt actually tried that sort of game on console in a long time, and it's not a modern military shooter, so maybe I could actually get some enjoyment out of them. I havent played all that much yet, but so far so good. The whole FPS experience really is SO much better when it's not attempting to be hyper-realistic. Same goes for third-person shooters as well.

Probably going to play some more of it tonight I think.

aretilda wrote:
worriedfire wrote:

Well the game constantly has you around and paired up with other players on basically every map and mode in the game, you can always get a headset too and make friends, I got a free headset with my Xbox One I don't use it though (social anxiety), but really you didn't get high enough level to enjoy most of the PVP features. You literally can't do a thing in Destiny without being paired up automatically with players.

Ah, yeah, I dont really use a headset either for pretty much the same reason. Now if I were teaming up with friends specifically, or even someone from, say, this place, then I would use the headset, because the social anxiety really wouldnt be there in that case.

...this is provided though that my headset actually works on that thing, I've not actually tried it. It might end up being necessary to use Skype to communicate when someone eventually does join me for it. Though that's not too bad, really.

aretilda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2015, 8:37 am

Misery wrote:
I ended up getting it myself on PS4 recently on a random whim; I figured, I hadnt actually tried that sort of game on console in a long time, and it's not a modern military shooter, so maybe I could actually get some enjoyment out of them. I havent played all that much yet, but so far so good. The whole FPS experience really is SO much better when it's not attempting to be hyper-realistic. Same goes for third-person shooters as well.

I'm not really into the modern military shooters, a lot of the reason I enjoy Destiny so much because it's Sci-Fi, I've always loved everything Sci-Fi.

worriedfire
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 May 2015, 8:46 am

Misery wrote:

Ah, yeah, I dont really use a headset either for pretty much the same reason. Now if I were teaming up with friends specifically, or even someone from, say, this place, then I would use the headset, because the social anxiety really wouldnt be there in that case.

...this is provided though that my headset actually works on that thing, I've not actually tried it. It might end up being necessary to use Skype to communicate when someone eventually does join me for it. Though that's not too bad, really.

Maybe we could play together sometime? My PSN name is Worried_Fire if you want to. I haven't played it much but I think it'd be cool to play with someone from here. That would definitely make the social anxiety aspect easier for me as well.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 9:11 am

PSN:zeldapsychology

would also love to have other Wrongplanet people to play with.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 10:08 am

Ya! We could Skype while doing it would work too never thought of that LoL! That'd be cool vs. the headset all the time. I've played enough I can walk some of you through some of it :-) The older stuff not so much the House of Wolves new DLC dropping tomorrow. :-)

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 11:16 am

I'm pretty sure my PSN name is Bridget777. Or it might be Bridget_777 with the underscore... ugh, my memory for things like this is terrible. And despite that name, no, I'm not a girl, though IRL I kinda look like one.

I'd like to be able to use the same name I use here and everywhere, but nope, aint happening. And that account is very old anyway from before I started using this name.

Currently I'm not on very often, though not for any specific reason other than me playing Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne a ton recently.

But I'm going to hop fully into Destiny here probably tonight; was going to do it last night, but nooooooooooooo. Derp happened.

I've pretty much only just started, so I've got just one character and my level is very low.

SKSFox1999
Raven
Raven

18 May 2015, 2:05 pm

I got it for free on my PS4. I have a lvl 24 titan and I'm trying to get ascendant energy to upgrade the damage for my legendary scout rifle.

worriedfire
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 May 2015, 4:08 pm

Misery wrote:
I'm pretty sure my PSN name is Bridget777. Or it might be Bridget_777 with the underscore...

I tried searching for both of those but couldn't find you. I found an scbridget777 and a bridget7771 though.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:34 pm

worriedfire wrote:
Misery wrote:
I'm pretty sure my PSN name is Bridget777. Or it might be Bridget_777 with the underscore...

I tried searching for both of those but couldn't find you. I found an scbridget777 and a bridget7771 though.

Yep same! As worried just pulled up and found what he found. whoops lol! Let us know what it is thanks.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 5:39 am

Well I had it entirely wrong, it's just Bridget_ without any numbers, haha. I rarely have to know what it is, easy to forget.

Worth noting though that I'm never available during the day, as I"m only awake throughout the night. Typically the gaming begins around, ah, 11PM here (central time zone). Depends on just when I have my meals.

Which games I play at any given time are usually decided somewhat at random unless someone asks me to join them in something (and if I'm in the right sort of mood for that, AKA not aggravated by something already), so I'm not often going to be easily found by just checking the PS4 itself. Easier to find me on Steam, I'm Misery on there as well with the same avatar image as I use here.

....also if someone should try to talk at me and you receive no answer, it just means I'm not there or am playing something in full-screen and may not be able to see the message. I bring this up because some people get all offended and think I'm just ignoring them on purpose.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 7:38 am

Okay, got a couple of friend requests earlier, went and accepted those. I forget just which people they were from. Despite accepting them like 10 minutes ago... sigh.