Page 394 of 579 [ 9252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397 ... 579  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:15 am

[rant]

She finally shut up! It only took a long 'talk' with the pastor, but she finally stopped whining about her victimhood to everyone and is seeking professional counselling. Why didn't she do this in the first place? Why did she think that anyone/everyone else could do anything about her "daddy issues"? It's not that we don't care, it's that we're ill-equipped to do more than mutter a few Bible verses at her and offer to pray on her behalf. In the meantime, we're struggling with an influx of physically needy people to the neighborhood, and our resources are running low. Entire families are coming to SouCal because of the colder weather up north and the loss of homes and jobs on the east coast. There are some really needy people with really needful problems out there. It's events like hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfires, and chain-store bankruptcies that make me wonder if we are actually witnessing the End Times.

[/rant]

Thank you, and have a nice day!

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 3:30 pm

If you're a coworker of mine, you come into work and complain that you think you're coming down with the flu and you're going to leave early, don't come into my office, notice my zip loc bag of dehydrated apple rings I made for myself as a snack from the apples I picked from my own tree, exclaim delight and help yourself. Now I won't touch that bag of my own snacks, nor will I eat any of the apple rings in it for a period of probably 3-4 days.........I would never think to grab a food item of yours without asking. Whose bizarre??

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 3:32 pm

Magna wrote:
If you're a coworker of mine, you come into work and complain that you think you're coming down with the flu and you're going to leave early, don't come into my office, notice my zip loc bag of dehydrated apple rings I made for myself as a snack from the apples I picked from my own tree, exclaim delight and help yourself. Now I won't touch that bag of my own snacks, nor will I eat any of the apple rings in it for a period of probably 3-4 days.........I would never think to grab a food item of yours without asking. Whose bizarre??

Check the "Unhappy" thread. I hear you 8O

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 3:40 pm

See "Unhappy" thread. Thank you, Isabella.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 3:45 pm

Magna wrote:

Almost sounds malicious in intent. Why would you put your germs in someone else's food if you're becoming sick? That guy sounds like a real jerk. Perhaps it was a really bad joke, did you see him put his grubby hands in your food, and is he really showing signs of sickness?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 3:54 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
Magna wrote:

Almost sounds malicious in intent. Why would you put your germs in someone else's food if you're becoming sick? That guy sounds like a real jerk. Perhaps it was a really bad joke, did you see him put his grubby hands in your food, and is he really showing signs of sickness?

It's a woman. I have worked with her many years and I like her well enough as a person. She's about 20 years older than I am. It was not malicious. I've never really considered myself to be a germophobe, but maybe I have to accept that I probably am. I've found that some people don't have a problem sharing food, etc. I do.

This same person for example has, at times, offered to have me try something of hers, like: "Do you want a bite?" (from her same utensil). I refuse. She will sometimes bring in something she made at home and offer me some for lunch. If she prepares her portion first and leaves the container and the utensil she uses to prepare her lunch, I will want to use my own clean utensil.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 3:55 pm

Magna wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
Magna wrote:

It's a woman. I have worked with her many years and I like her well enough as a person. She's about 20 years older than I am. It was not malicious. I've never really considered myself to be a germophobe, but maybe I have to accept that I probably am. I've found that some people don't have a problem sharing food, etc. I do.

This same person for example has, at times, offered to have me try something of hers, like: "Do you want a bite?" (from her same utensil). I refuse. She will sometimes bring in something she made at home and offer me some for lunch. If she prepares her portion first and leaves the container and the utensil she uses to prepare her lunch, I will want to use my own clean utensil.

OK that's sounds even creepier than it did before. :eew: Double my giphy response.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 4:04 pm

Nothing wrong with being aware of that which we cannot see when it has an impact on yourself and loved ones. It's a healthy state of awareness if it's not taken to an extreme.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 4:06 pm

Maybe the way I described it sounded creepy. It's not like she's offered to feed me from her fork like she's extending it toward me for me to nibble from in some sort of seductive way. Ewwww :lol:

I'm thinking of the rare occasion when we've gone out to lunch at a restaurant and she's remarked at how good her food is and asks me if I want to try it. In my mind I'm thinking: "I do not want to try your food. You've already been eating it." but thankfully a simple "No thank you" is my reply.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:47 am

I'm so scared of the future and my parents dying. I hope i die with them.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 10:42 am

Magna,

What you're describing sounds pretty disgusting and unsanitary. I wouldn't share food under those circumstances, either.

(((AprilR)))

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 7:50 pm

I'm mad because the people I've lived with most of my life don't understand me when they are pissed. They put that blame on me when they can't meet my needs. I've done so much for myself to be independent, but when they are pissed they act like I don't care about myself, or my life, or people around me, or whatever the hell else they can choose in that moment to prod at me. I'm almost at the point of getting my own place again. Yes, they are allowing me to stay with them because I am pregnant, and my boyfriend can't help with a place to live yet because of timing circumstances. But, they can't understand my needs as an autistic person, and they don't easily forgot or forgive my outbursts from certain stimuli. Also any solution for them is either slowed by my dad's angry and/or suspicious actions or my mom's tendency to act out when she thinks that I'm just being mean to her or anyone. I'm going to therapy when I get where I'm going or sooner just to help me with these relationships that I'm not sure is worth saving, but mostly for past trauma and current trauma from these sort of misunderstandings and suspicions or even manipulations. It all hurts my head.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 4:33 am

dat a lot like some breakdown of part of my lifestory xd allistics can be awful, and they never know why. denying us feelings, because we dont excommunicate like they expect. hurt only counts when i bleed. i'd refuse to contact with my allistic family at all, then they'd realise something is wrong. but with time it all falls in same pattern again, and only exploding that henhouse again can help for a time. yes, i am 31 and throwing teenage act, because any attempt to do it the adult way would simply fail - i wouldnt be heard. if somebody says i am immature, well ok. i can live with another label. at least my emotions are not being assaulted for the time being. im not saying anybody else should. its a sub-optimal way, but i hadnt found a better one, and alas, i so tried.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 6:37 am

I see some fool up on a table waving his d around, and I generally find it funny. He's having a good time, and nobody gets hurt. However, when that fool has only the one trick and everyone has ceased to feel amused, and the fool wants to insist that he's still making a contribution to society, I start to want to set the record straight. I start to want to verbally knock him on his ass, in fact.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 8:04 am

I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT TODAY, DAMMIT!!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 8:10 am

Fnord wrote:
I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT TODAY, DAMMIT!!

I'm personally complaining because Naia needs to make an appearance. There are red dots everywhere!