Page 423 of 578 [ 9243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426 ... 578  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 12:20 pm

She’s a service dog. She’s not here for your entertainment. I don’t care if you want to pet her. Leave us alone. :evil:

Get a dog of your own or go to a petting zoo.

PoseyBuster88
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2019, 5:40 pm

Getting frustrated/pissy with me when I can't explain why I am freaking out or struggling DOES NOT HELP.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 9:53 pm

The shame of how there are only so many many times you can say "I don't care" until you sound ignorant is something ppl are afraid of. Self-deceive from.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 2:43 am

... I'm doomed, am I?

As long as I kept wanting to take what's already mine that would've serve everyone and ensure my future, yet had rendered useless despite literally being in my own 'possession' to begin with... I just won't give up my chance.

It is still here, because it still happens. Yet it just stops -- why? Why can't I not stay that way and be on my way?! :x I'm was happy that way, everyone is happy that way. I was not only useful and helpful but also free and unburdened with whatever this is.

... If I'm ill, then I'd wish I know what causes it without any speculations or theories and a straight up cure. :skull:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 1:59 am

People have always told me that I was "special", but what did they really mean by that? I used to think that they were trying to encourage me to believe that anything was possible if I tried. But now I am close to turning 35 and all of my efforts toward finding a good career, fitting in socially, etc. have ended in failure in one way or another. The best years of my youth are gone, and what do I have to show for it? Still not being able to afford my own place, just now buying my first car, though granted the vehicle that I have driven since I was 17 has stood the test of time and is still operational, but other than that I have nothing. It makes me wonder if people that always told me that I was "special" had a different meaning in mind.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 7:32 am

I didn't own my first car until I was 51 years old.

You're making "slow" progress----but progress, nevertheless.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:19 am

Grow up emotionally, take off those rose tinted glasses and accept life as it truly is, goddamnit!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 6:06 am

Cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars cars cars, cars, cars.

And more cars.

And more.

More cars than there are stars in the whole universe.

Or so it seems, when you live in Essex. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Upstairs_Monk
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jun 2019, 2:50 pm

So, I'm ranting about my ignorant family members with whom I don't wish to have any dependence with any longer.
My mom's opinion of me and also her husband and my grandma(mom's mom) Here ya go! : I am a self-centered brat that doesn't deserve respect because I don't earn it and she apparently "bends over backwards" for me. I'm the child(i'm 21) and she is the adult and she doesn't need to respect me because she has the power and I have none because I'm the child. I must listen to everything she says and if I argue, I'm completely at fault. I have no opinion and I'm completely ungrateful for them and all they do for me. I carry a stable job and although they know nothing about my suspicions of autism it doesn't matter because "there isn't anything wrong with me" There fore they won't know about my evaluation that I'm having tomorrow. I pay bills, I drive and I take care of myself. I do live with them but I'm independent as much as possible. They tell me my issues with caffeine are the reasons why I "jitter"...It's my stimming. I have started a newer stim with just my hands for about a year now and they tell me it's because I don't eat the right foods. They try to tell me I haven't been rocking back and forth and stimming my whole life but when I look back I have been..ever since I was little. They always told me to stop and yelled at me to stop stimming and if I didn't they would punish me ans scream at me. I feel like a fony autist but I know I am because FACTS people. I'm having an evaluation done tomorrow and I'll know for sure then. I'm just emotionally hurting and I can't actually tell them whats wrong because nothing I say matters to them. they don't get it. They push it aside.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 11:02 am

Do people really not get it?

What hurts is that I have been rejected all my life including from basic things. And I'm not a bad person. That seems unfair to me.

I know I can't control if people like me or not but it doesn't make it easy.

And yes, you can opt out of social media. But you can't opt out of the fact that this world is a social place. And if you want to do well in anything, you need soft skills.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 12:23 am

KT67 wrote:
Do people really not get it?

What hurts is that I have been rejected all my life including from basic things. And I'm not a bad person. That seems unfair to me.

I know I can't control if people like me or not but it doesn't make it easy.

And yes, you can opt out of social media. But you can't opt out of the fact that this world is a social place. And if you want to do well in anything, you need soft skills.

I am assuming I can reply to other people's rants?

Speaking personally:
The problem that seems to recur is the conflict between being social and the process of self-actualisation.
For most, fitting in has a higher priority than exploring and expressing independent intellectual constructs.

The assumption is:
There isn't an inherent bias against an individual in the first place.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 4:51 pm

Another stinking "spam" telephone call! Drives me crazy!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 1:33 am

Some people say they are being ignored.
And when you go out of your way to acknowledge their posts, you guessed it, they ignore you.
Ironic, eh? :mrgreen:

IstominFan wrote:
Another stinking "spam" telephone call! Drives me crazy!

Get an answering machine and screen the calls.
Simples. :wink:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 5:51 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:
I've also had it with movies that "depict" street racers (Redline, Fast & furious franchise) in a positive light. The characters portrayed are nothing like real world street racers, who are amongst the worst scum in the world.

I've got no problem with street racing, but Hollywood movies that claim to be about street racing seem to mostly be about crashing and intrigue within the criminal underworld that has utterly nothing to do with racing.

I'll stick to Wangan Midnight and other Japanese franchises until the US learns to make a decent street racing movie.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 7:19 pm

I hate people who rant.
Drives me crazy.
Grrrr.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2019, 10:09 am

Me too, Pepe. If I do have a rant, it is usually about something like animal cruelty or about something potentially dangerous, like the idiot kid who races his car up and down the street.