Page 441 of 578 [ 9243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444 ... 578  Next

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 3:05 pm

But the family i have here grew up there till their twenties ...their parents are here too.

Also if you look at ppl who lived in N America for generations their families meet up and do things. Go places like aquariums amusement parks etc As well clubs at things like church or community centre. Etc.
My family here do none of it .. If they do they do it on their own

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 3:12 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
But the family i have here grew up there till their twenties ...their parents are here too.

Also if you look at ppl who lived in N America for generations their families meet up and do things. Go places like aquariums amusement parks etc As well clubs at things like church or community centre. Etc.
My family here do none of it .. If they do they do it on their own

That's true, i guess it changes from family to family. My father's side of the family is also very distant even though i live in a society that's very social. They practically never call or visit.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 3:51 pm

KT67 wrote:
All dad does is moan. He has a guitar, he has books, he has floor space. And he's 'bored'...

Stop telling me you're bored & go do something other than watch TV. Or at least stick on Netflix not the news 24/7.

Tell him to write a song next time he complains he's bored.

Speaking of, brb, I still haven't written my obligatory 24 (bars).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 9:40 pm

my rant is: i don't want to study but i also don't want to be useless but i also don't want to study.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 3:28 am

I will never truly be happy again.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2020, 2:04 pm

How does one get delivery drivers to use the doorbell? How am I supposed to hear a knock on a locked screen door? No sense.

(Not actually looking for answers. I just tend to vent in question form.)

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 9:11 pm

The thing that cannot be said but always sad. but i have lots of good things happen

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 8:01 pm

.. I'd sooner let it die, or even outright kill it than letting it suffer longer under our so-called 'care'.
If it truly up to me, I'd set it free where real care can certainly happen but NOOOooooo. :roll: :x

And hell no I refuse to volunteer, judgment be damned.
I choose NOT to love and already decided to choose not to act on care. Conscience or empath's empathy be damned, this is my choice.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 8:16 pm

Another day .
another day spent productively ostensibly but when the kids leave I know I have no more energy to think properly

The woman messed up my life almost 8 years ago. My mom confirmed it wasmedical malpractice. And covid19 means no appointments. Even before it was hard to get an appointment and the system here is so convoluted and i doubt there is a solution
Just suicide but no means and the inclination isn't as strong as the sense of duty

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2020, 4:06 pm

I don't know what to feel when confronted with people's hate and evil acts anymore. I can't comprehend hateful people and start to feel hateful myself and i don't want it and start to ignore things. But then i feel irresponsible.
Just wish i could live in my own bubble forever, like the current quarantine situation. when i was trying to be a sincere and friendly person people seemed annoyed with me and even made fun of me. To this day i believe being too kind and open with people is a mistake. Because some people are jealous of that openness, sometimes treat you as a ret*d and like to hurt you. Be yourself is the worst advice ever, to people like me at least. I couldn't live in this hell of a society without hiding myself.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 2:52 pm

I wish my boyfriend didn't put smoking first before anything else. He spends so much money on cigarettes then wonders why he hasn't got any money for other things like birthday cards for loved ones. He didn't even get me a birthday card because he couldn't afford it but he still always seems to have packs of cigarettes that he buys from the store. To make things worse, he has COPD and a bad cough (smoking-related), so he should be self-isolating, but he still goes out to get cigarettes. And I bet that's what a lot of other smokers are doing, smokers who have health conditions or compromised immune systems that should be self-isolating. I will certainly not buy his cigarettes, as I do not want him smoking at all. But each time he goes to light another cigarette he says, "I'm stressed." But in actual fact, his smoking is actually the CAUSE of his stress right now. He can't sleep properly because of his coughing that gets worse when he lies down, but complains about having to sleep upright in a chair. He's at more risk of getting ill from coronavirus which is causing him panic attacks. His COPD is caused by years of heavy smoking. He tells me to be quiet whenever I try to help him quit or even try e-cigarettes, but then yells at me when he can't breathe due to his lungs getting tired from coughing too much.

So whatever I do is wrong. Smoking has really taken over his mind and life, and he is suffering physically and mentally from the bad effects of smoking but won't listen when people are trying to help. I get a good night's sleep in our lovely, comfy bed, because I don't have a self-inflicted cough. (I'd be more sympathetic if his cough was not caused by smoking or he was at least trying to help himself).

I know nicotine is addictive but as a non-smoker I just don't know how it gets to be so addictive. I mean, ingesting toxic chemicals into the lungs is just baffling to me. There are plenty of other harmful habits to abuse your body with, but smoking is the WORST and the most non-essential. Your lungs need you during this crisis, and if you carry on abusing them then you are just putting more strain on the NHS and are actually taking the piss really. Sorry if that sounds harsh to all the smokers here who think that smoking is the cure for stress, but it's just how I feel.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 4:14 pm

On edge.. XH has 20 minutes to do the right thing today

as he did the wrong thing yesterday on top of which he had me yelled at by his mom who is either being lied to or has no integrity or morals and doesnt care..
Much more to say.. Sick of having every day every month every year my life is hanging on a string for him to follow thru on basic obligations waiting wairing totally no recourse etc..

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2020, 9:43 am

'What do I know about worrying in pandemic' huh??

Oh, yes! What the hell do I know alright? :roll:

My sister works at the hospital, my mom enforces local quarantine and is collaborating with giving away supplies few times a week. What do I know??
My dad's at US with all the panic and discrimination, several uncles, aunts and cousins across abroad who are either domestic helpers, volunteers and nurses. What do I know???
In-laws with dwindling business, family friends losing chances of finding jobs, freelancing relatives with less pay due to competition, overworked official acquaintances struggling against ungrateful citizens, neighbors being dependent due to shortages... What do I know????

What. Do. I. Hell. Damn. Know. ???
Oh, I dunno. My priorities and my feelings, and human's presumptuous judgment and ignorance. :lol: :evil:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2020, 4:26 pm

People never saying what they mean and being clear when they give directions is starting to really frustrate me. I don't understand why a lot of people always expect others to be able to read between the lines when they talk and magically know what they're thinking, and then get angry at me because I'm not able to do that. If someone tells me something I'm going to take in the actual content of what they verbally told me. I'm not stupid or being rude because I don't immediately pick up on hidden meanings and have to ask for clarification once in awhile, and then sometimes ask for more clarification because someone's still not being clear with what they're saying.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 1:56 am

can everybody get back to work and all that,
essential (peasant) work gets hindered by any and every sort of lounging around and about
ugh, i get im not important, but what are you?

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 6:21 am

Interviews... nerve wracking, hideous, wish all in-person interviews were abolished on health and safety grounds lol.

Online interviews, not as bad, prep work done, notes available if I go blank, not flustered by travel, unpredictability, new environment... still managed to drop a clanger though... I was so close, it was the last few minutes, I could have just said no thank you, that's perfect... bye.
But no, I ad libbed with honesty. :oops: