Page 499 of 579 [ 9250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502 ... 579  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 2:09 pm

KitLily wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I hate when my boyfriend gets drunk. He becomes a different person and I can't cope with it.
Why do people have to drink alcohol for? Why does alcohol need to exist? I think this world would be a better place without alcohol.

Sending you big hugs. I agree about alcohol. I don't like it at all. I can't find a hug emoji :flower: :heart:

Aw thanks, and thanks for not throwing the insensitive cliche of "leave him!" Yes his drinking is a problem but otherwise our relationship is perfect. I just wish he didn't drink so much, that's all.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 2:55 pm

KitLily wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Sending you big hugs. I agree about alcohol. I don't like it at all. I can't find a hug emoji :flower: :heart:

Aw thanks, and thanks for not throwing the insensitive cliche of "leave him!" Yes his drinking is a problem but otherwise our relationship is perfect. I just wish he didn't drink so much, that's all.

Gosh I managed to be tactful for once! :lol:

My husband and I are in our 50s and he has gradually learned over the years that it's not a good idea to drink too much, he's kind of grown out of it. So maybe that will happen. He actually says now that he's glad I don't drink because if I encouraged him, he'd probably be an alcoholic. But I don't like alcohol at all.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 7:37 am

My day is already going like s**t. I should have just stayed home. I want to self harm so bad.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 8:04 am

Don't do it!

You'll have a better rest of the day.

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 2:51 pm

I hate the world and all the f*****g people in it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 5:17 pm

OH MY GOD, SERIOUSLY?! :evil: WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

*not intended for anyone here

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 6:04 am

My boyfriend doesn't let me be anxious. I have an anxiety disorder, I need to get things off my chest sometimes. Just because he doesn't feel anxious (or does but doesn't express it and pretends he doesn't), it doesn't mean I can't. Even if I try to not be anxious, I still feel anxious. It's like emotions come from the heart, not the brain.

Even a few people here have mocked me for feeling anxious.
I HAVE AN ANXIETY DISORDER, PEOPLE! I CAN'T HELP IT!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 6:21 am

I honestly want to quit my job, but I know I probably couldn't get a job anywhere else and still couldn't handle another job anyways. I hate interacting with my coworkers and having to constantly do overtime just because s**t is managed poorly. I have so many other things I'm expected to do outside of work too, so I have no actual free time for myself to and if I take any time for myself it just pisses people off.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 6:45 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I honestly want to quit my job, but I know I probably couldn't get a job anywhere else and still couldn't handle another job anyways. I hate interacting with my coworkers and having to constantly do overtime just because s**t is managed poorly. I have so many other things I'm expected to do outside of work too, so I have no actual free time for myself to and if I take any time for myself it just pisses people off.

One of the worst dilemmas to be in. I can only empathise and sympathise with that. I wish there was something I could do to help. :heart:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 3:36 pm

Ok, I am triggered by the "Hoax friends" post as I am still working to forgive one of those. Though I have mostly moved on with my life, there days where I realize that the anger and hurt is still with me. I also realize I can't just ditch my feelings but I also know I can't keep letting her steal my joy. Why? Because she doesn't care about me and nor does she love me. Therefore, I am not going to sit around and wait for some covert narcissist.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 3:46 pm

Joe90 wrote:
My boyfriend doesn't let me be anxious. I have an anxiety disorder, I need to get things off my chest sometimes. Just because he doesn't feel anxious (or does but doesn't express it and pretends he doesn't), it doesn't mean I can't. Even if I try to not be anxious, I still feel anxious. It's like emotions come from the heart, not the brain.

Gosh that's frustrating when someone doesn't allow us to feel a feeling. My mum was like that, I wasn't allowed to be sad or angry.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 4:01 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

THIS. I should probably quit my job as it's getting harder and harder to do it as I get older and more injured. But the only jobs I ever get offered are basically the same job only worse paid and for a worse employer.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 4:05 pm

KitLily wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Gosh that's frustrating when someone doesn't allow us to feel a feeling. My mum was like that, I wasn't allowed to be sad or angry.

I swear there needs to be a psychiatric name for that behaviour. "Stiff Upper Lip Syndrome By Proxy" or something.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 4:12 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
KitLily wrote:

I swear there needs to be a psychiatric name for that behaviour. "Stiff Upper Lip Syndrome By Proxy" or something.

Yes, Brits need to realise we're allowed to have feelings. I think surely we're the only country in the world to be so uptight?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 8:18 pm

In the American South people are expected to be polite , always have a smile ,and be friendly.
Even when you don’t feel like it.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 11:54 pm

I'm starting to wish I was allistic. My coworkers treat me so different from everyone else and seem inclined to scold me/get annoyed over things that our other coworkers do, and they don't care about or laugh off. What about me makes it so I don't deserve to be treated like other people? I try really hard to not inconvenience anyone and never even really talk or anything :(