Page 509 of 577 [ 9220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 506, 507, 508, 509, 510, 511, 512 ... 577  Next

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 11:07 am

^ That's horrible, I hope you're taking it easy. Some GPs have same day appointments if you call them first thing on the day. Do you know if yours has that option?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 2:05 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
^ That's horrible, I hope you're taking it easy. Some GPs have same day appointments if you call them first thing on the day. Do you know if yours has that option?

They do. It started yesterday and I didn't think it would get any worse so I didn't phone them as I was still mobile.

It was during the night last night that it went really bad.

I've just took it easy all day today and I keep having painkillers every four hours. The pain has actually eased off quite a bit now but I still cnt move my head. I'm hoping it'll relax by tomorrow afternoon and I'll be fine.

It's an old injury that flares up every now and then. Plus I think I'm prone to muscle spasms as well.

I can't believe that brushing my teeth kicked it off.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 5:33 pm

There's a supermarket trolley in our living-room. I am furious. He went out to get some more alcohol then several hours later I got up for a glass of water and found he had brought a trolley all the way home and parked it INSIDE our living-room! What the f**k?? And he was confused as f**k (so drunk), and it really made me shout. I hate this behaviour when he's drunk. He turns into a stupid idiot. Now we've got to get the trolley outside and I don't know what the neighbours will think. But I'm leaving that down to him, as I'm not a drunk idiot. I just felt angry seeing a supermarket trolley in the corner of the living-room, who else brings a trolley from the supermarket INSIDE THEIR HOUSE?

I go to hell, I really do. There's no emoticons on this stupid site to illustrate how I'm feeling right now. I'm not going to worry over it though. He'll wake up sober in the morning and will realise what an idiot he is.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:17 am

I am so sick of this little, cliquey, inbred village I live in. I've put up with it for 20+ years so my daughter got a consistent, continuous experience of nursery, primary school, secondary school, college and didn't have to be 'the new girl' anywhere. And of course my husband's jobs have been local so that's another reason we've stuck around.

I've tried everything to make friends, fit in, get a social life, but I might as well be talking to cows chewing the cud. That is literally the response I get from most people here: staring at me and chewing. Even people who were born here say the village is a lonely, unfriendly place.

I deserve the 'good mum and wife' medal for fortitude. 16 months til we put this house on the market, hopefully sell it in 6 months and move away! :bounce:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:19 am

KitLily wrote:
I am so sick of this little, cliquey, inbred village I live in. I've put up with it for 20+ years so my daughter got a consistent, continuous experience of nursery, primary school, secondary school, college and didn't have to be 'the new girl' anywhere. And of course my husband's jobs have been local so that's another reason we've stuck around.

I've tried everything to make friends, fit in, get a social life, but I might as well be talking to cows chewing the cud. That is literally the response I get from most people here: staring at me and chewing. Even people who were born here say the village is a lonely, unfriendly place.

I deserve the 'good mum and wife' medal for fortitude. 16 months til we put this house on the market, hopefully sell it in 6 months and move away! :bounce:

Best of luck KitLily.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:21 am

babybird wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Best of luck KitLily.

Thanks. God knows what the UK will be like in 16 months time though.

I hope you feel better soon Babybird! Take care :heart:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:24 am

KitLily wrote:
babybird wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Best of luck KitLily.

Thanks. God knows what the UK will be like in 16 months time though.

I hope you feel better soon Babybird! Take care :heart:

I do feel much better thank you. Still a bit of pain but at least I'm mobile now.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 8:54 am

I want that dog gone for good now. :x :x

It bit me on the foot. And got a small laceration from of it. It is uncertain if I need a damn tetanus shot or not because it bled.

And it's in a middle of a storm at night on a blackout. :x And I have work early tomorrow.
I don't fricking care it's because it got scared, it's dark, cold and loud -- I never want it in this damn house to begin with.

It doesn't damn help that my mom's yelling while I was on the bathroom, impatient. I went to her door, only to be bitten by that damn dog.

If something happens to me because of this...
I won't post it. That would be too violent. Like last time. :x

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 1:27 pm

I want to listen to the lovely rain and wind outside.
Upstairs neighbours: Let's sweep all the hardwood floors, get the vacuum out, and drop as many things as we can on the floor, in every room

I want to have a nice, relaxing bath after a hard day at work.
Upstairs neighbours: Let's give our baby a bath and let it bang all its toys on the sides of the bathtub for about an hour

I want to have a nice dinner and watch one of my favourite movies on a Friday night.
Upstairs neighbours: Let's do all our exercising in the middle of the room for the next 3 hours

They're clever bastards. They deliberately avoid listening to any music loud because they know that would make us complain. They want to make as much noise as they can but don't want us to complain, so they make any noise other than loud TV or music, so that if we do complain all they'll have to say is "these are everyday noises, they can't stop us living! We can't help it if our darling little angel screams for hours, that's what babies do."

Ugh, people! :roll:

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 1:39 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
I want that dog gone for good now. :x :x

It bit me on the foot. And got a small laceration from of it. It is uncertain if I need a damn tetanus shot or not because it bled.

And it's in a middle of a storm at night on a blackout. :x And I have work early tomorrow.
I don't fricking care it's because it got scared, it's dark, cold and loud -- I never want it in this damn house to begin with.

It doesn't damn help that my mom's yelling while I was on the bathroom, impatient. I went to her door, only to be bitten by that damn dog.

If something happens to me because of this...
I won't post it. That would be too violent. Like last time. :x

Hope you're doing alright, Edna. :|

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 8:58 pm

I hate the fact that even though I don't live with them now I still have to hear about and deal with my parents' BS.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 5:50 am

So my mum chose to move 100 miles away from me and my family. Now she is trying all the emotional blackmail of 'I miss you so much, when will I see you?'

But she used to live 5 mins walk away and she was always angry, complaining about us, we couldn't do anything right. The meals we cooked, the outings we took her on, the Christmases we arranged were never good enough and made her angry and offended. She was often cruel to my daughter when she visited. e.g. making her stay overnight in a dark, unfamiliar bedroom instead of her usual cosy one, and not checking on her all night. She said we were tying her down and she had to go on holiday a lot, have a wild social life.

Now when we visit my mum, she just gets annoyed with us and leaves after two hours. And she's surprised we only visit once a year. If I find I'm annoying someone, I keep out of their way, assuming they're happier without me.

She chose to leave her only child and grandchild's lives when she could have stayed in them. Now she is complaining about what she did. And I know very well that if we went to live near her again, she would get annoyed with us, angry/offended all over again and say we were tying her down.

There's no reasoning with someone like that. I'm glad I'm immune to her manipulation now.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 6:08 am

How long has it been since the dog bit you, Edna?

Do you know if the dog had a rabies shot?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 6:18 am

KitLily wrote:
So my mum chose to move 100 miles away from me and my family. Now she is trying all the emotional blackmail of 'I miss you so much, when will I see you?'

But she used to live 5 mins walk away and she was always angry, complaining about us, we couldn't do anything right. The meals we cooked, the outings we took her on, the Christmases we arranged were never good enough and made her angry and offended. She was often cruel to my daughter when she visited. e.g. making her stay overnight in a dark, unfamiliar bedroom instead of her usual cosy one, and not checking on her all night. She said we were tying her down and she had to go on holiday a lot, have a wild social life.

Now when we visit my mum, she just gets annoyed with us and leaves after two hours. And she's surprised we only visit once a year. If I find I'm annoying someone, I keep out of their way, assuming they're happier without me.

She chose to leave her only child and grandchild's lives when she could have stayed in them. Now she is complaining about what she did. And I know very well that if we went to live near her again, she would get annoyed with us, angry/offended all over again and say we were tying her down.

There's no reasoning with someone like that. I'm glad I'm immune to her manipulation now.

Yeah don't let her get in your head again KitLily

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 6:51 am

babybird wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Yeah don't let her get in your head again KitLily

Thank you. I've decided she must have a mental illness/condition.

She complained because I didn't leave home as quickly as she wanted. When I did leave home, she complained that she never saw me anymore.

She complained because I didn't get married. When I got married, she was angry and jealous.

She complained because I didn't give her a grandchild. When I had a grandchild, she was angry, jealous, said we were tying her down, she had to escape etc.

She complained because I didn't have a well paid job. When I got a well paid job, she was angry, jealous, said it was pure luck that I'd got it (it wasn't, I set up my own business from scratch)

What are you to do with someone like that, who is never happy and satisfied? Keep well away.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 6:56 am

^ She's very toxic. :| The best way to deal with someone like that is minimum contact.