Page 394 of 579 [ 9252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397 ... 579  Next

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 4:33 am

dat a lot like some breakdown of part of my lifestory xd allistics can be awful, and they never know why. denying us feelings, because we dont excommunicate like they expect. hurt only counts when i bleed. i'd refuse to contact with my allistic family at all, then they'd realise something is wrong. but with time it all falls in same pattern again, and only exploding that henhouse again can help for a time. yes, i am 31 and throwing teenage act, because any attempt to do it the adult way would simply fail - i wouldnt be heard. if somebody says i am immature, well ok. i can live with another label. at least my emotions are not being assaulted for the time being. im not saying anybody else should. its a sub-optimal way, but i hadnt found a better one, and alas, i so tried.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 6:37 am

I see some fool up on a table waving his d around, and I generally find it funny. He's having a good time, and nobody gets hurt. However, when that fool has only the one trick and everyone has ceased to feel amused, and the fool wants to insist that he's still making a contribution to society, I start to want to set the record straight. I start to want to verbally knock him on his ass, in fact.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 8:04 am

I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT TODAY, DAMMIT!!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 8:10 am

Fnord wrote:
I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT TODAY, DAMMIT!!

I'm personally complaining because Naia needs to make an appearance. There are red dots everywhere!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 4:31 pm

The attitude that many people have of 'that's the way it is' or 'it's been done like this for years/decades/centuries/ectc, therefore it has to be done the same way' or 'we/it can't change because [insert ridiculous reason], IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

phantasmagoria
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2018, 5:54 am

I hate listening to people butcher a philosophy with their interpretations.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 12:47 pm

Only thing on my mind right now is thinking about the fact that my Mom might get back together with her husband again like she always does.

I'm very angry and feeling scared because I don't know if I can handle it again. I can't handle another trip to the crisis center for exploding. I don't know what to do. :cry:

I really wish that he would just die.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 12:58 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
The attitude that many people have of 'that's the way it is' or 'it's been done like this for years/decades/centuries/ectc, therefore it has to be done the same way' or 'we/it can't change because [insert ridiculous reason], IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY.

This reminds me of when I worked at the library.
I'd been there about one day when I asked why they were issuing resources the way they did, which was cumbersome and didn't make any sense to me.
The answer was "this is how we've always done it".
I talked to one of the other library assistants, who was a bit more progressive in their thinking, she talked to the head librarian and the resource issuing system ended up being totally overhauled.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 5:41 am

I had to literally spell out to my 10+ years friend that i'm a person who has social difficulties.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 12:26 pm

AprilR wrote:
I had to literally spell out to my 10+ years friend that i'm a person who has social difficulties.

I can't measure how often I ask people whom I've known for years, "Have you MET me?"

Still, I don't expect anyone to outdo my mom on that level. She will always see the world as she makes it in her mind. Her son can do all the things she admires in people, regardless of the persistent difficulties I've had doing exactly those things.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 12:34 am

A visit from my mother.
I don't have enough worries already that she feels she has to come and critisize every f*****g thing I do and run down everyone I love.
I'm through with her.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 7:46 am

The arrogant smug moronic troll is no longer a child. You can stop coddling him.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 11:08 am

The 'Got Anything Random To Say' thread and now this

I am deeply disturbed after having acted on my morbid curiosity enough to watch a Ukrainian movie about a deaf student in 'The tribe'. Aside from feeling majorly conflicted about the sex scenes, I am not equipped to comment on the 'pre-natal termination' scene..

That was f---d up as far as what could be depicted in a movie--the sort of thing which 'throws me off' for a whole day until I feel 'safe' again the following day and dated sophomoric 'religiously based' intrusive thoughts as to whether it's commination or divine punishment which corresponded to Halloween or whether I am now obligated to view another movie in which a form of assisted death like euthanasia is present, in on my mind.

Although what is ultimately more relevant is making it to Saturday and expecting there to be someone else cooperative with me in the last event I will be dishwashing for at a stadium.

Thank you thread.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 3:08 am

I can’t continue intellectual and artistic exploration while living with my parents. I can’t continue further intellectual and artistic exploration while living with my parents.

I need my own space d—- it.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 9:19 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I can't measure how often I ask people whom I've known for years, "Have you MET me?"

Still, I don't expect anyone to outdo my mom on that level. She will always see the world as she makes it in her mind. Her son can do all the things she admires in people, regardless of the persistent difficulties I've had doing exactly those things.

I hate that so much. People who can't handle reality and try to fit it to their expectations are so annoying.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 7:23 am

I risk a lot in skipping over the details and rationale for this. This could apply to a fair amount of my favourite philosophers as well.

Imo, for most of human history within the history of the ‘labor investment process/ (~(formal(?)), institutional) education and sadly still in much of the world, considering the rarified position within pre-existing classism and the consequent ‘knowledge makes right’ attitude of questionable entitlement due to that position most to a ‘fair amount’ of teaching staff/ teachers have consisted of ‘snobby a—holes’.

It is stupid when a teacher doesn’t care about what is being taught and/or the students. Believe me.