Page 508 of 577 [ 9220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510, 511 ... 577  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 7:46 pm

Joe90 wrote:
"You can't expect nobody to use the kitchen while you're in there. Other people have to live their lives too. Plates will clang, it can't always be helped. Stop whining and control your emotions."

That might be true if the second person actually lived in the house, instead of barging in uninvited just to chit-chat (and randomly cook???) with no manners or respect for anyone else.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 8:53 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
"You can't expect nobody to use the kitchen while you're in there. Other people have to live their lives too. Plates will clang, it can't always be helped. Stop whining and control your emotions."

That might be true if the second person actually lived in the house, instead of barging in uninvited just to chit-chat (and randomly cook???) with no manners or respect for anyone else.

It's never true, to a person with misophonia.

But that's weird about the person in your kitchen...and they say NTs know and follow social rules?

Last edited by Joe90 on 20 Sep 2022, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 9:05 pm

I hate being broke. I feel like a street person. I feel like a street person who has a roof over their head. I want tomorrow to be here, yesterday. Tomorrow is Welfare Wednesday in Canada. I need a job in the worst way.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 10:41 pm

Joe90 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

But that's weird about the person in your kitchen...and they say NTs know and follow social rules?

I don't know if he's NT or ND.
It was annoying either way.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 4:43 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I don't know if he's NT or ND.
It was annoying either way.

Yeah, still annoying.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:13 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

What a weird thing to do! Barging in uninvited and cooking in someone else's house? Sounds like someone with no manners or sense of what is appropriate.

Did you try the old icy demeanour? 'Do I know you?' 'Why are you in my kitchen?'

I reckon if someone doesn't even live in your house, you have the right to be as unfriendly as you want :heart:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:48 am

Its really hard being OCD and staying in someone else's house.
Because you cant just clean it like you could at home.
Every cleaning tool turned out to be the betamax of cleaning tools.
The 'mop' was a piece of foam on a handle which you had to put these wet wipe things on.
I find wet wipes gross
And these were dripping wet wet wipes
And of course they just pushed the dirt around the floor and left it scummy and sticky.
There were no buckets.
Cleaning cloths were abundant but they all seemed brand new.
Everything was wiped up with paper towels.
There was a squeegee but it was some kind of vacuum thing, not just a normal, simple squeegee, and it smelled of mould.
The vacuum cleaner also smelled of mould, was inefficient and cumbersome.
The dustpan was useless.
There were dozens of sponge type things for the sink but none of them performed the function of scrubbing a pan satisfactorily.
Every cleaning product was fancy spraypack which reeked of perfume and didnt do anything that hot water and dishsoap wouldn't do.
Why don't people have basic, functional cleaning equipment?
I can't understand it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:14 am

… but was there any washing soda?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:29 am

^ not a skerrick.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:30 am

... anyone throw their ears at you?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:51 am

Maybe.
I'm busy frying up parts of the intrusive cooker.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 10:37 am

lmao I was about to google "intrusive cookers", thinking they were some sort of Aussie invention.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 11:16 pm

I've spent $218 at Real Canadian Superstore on pull-ups, vitamins, foot care and shaving cream today. Prices are getting insane.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 6:11 am

Urgh. I have to speak on the phone to the doctor next week, and on a Zoom call to an editing client at some point. I'm dreading both as I'm hopeless when talking. I do all my communicating via email :?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 3:57 pm

I can't watch movies or TV shows from the 80s without feeling uneasy. It was during that decade that I started hiding things like my love for Germany and my gender identity from my family and peers.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 3:50 am

My back went yesterday morning while I was brushing my teeth. That just proves how glitchy my muscles can be. I'm in f*****g agony. I can't lift my arm up and my neck has frozen so I can't lift my head or turn it left to right and turning over in bed was near impossible.

I've had some painkillers this morning but they won't be anywhere near strong enough to take the pain away but I hope they do. What I really need is a muscle relaxant.

The thing is is that you can't get a flipping doctors appointment until weeks into the future. I'll be back to running about by then and I need something immediate.

I f*****g hate being out of action.