Page 512 of 577 [ 9220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515 ... 577  Next

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2022, 12:00 pm

Misslizard wrote:
KitLily wrote:
I'm so sick and tired of being treated with suspicion,...

I think you are a fine person.It’s the other people who have a problem, not you.
Their loss.You are better off without them if they can’t appreciate you.

Thanks.

I think I come across very well online, but not in real life. I'm eloquent and thoughtful online but I think I must come across as suspicious or mean in real life. I dunno.

There are just so many people who dislike me in real life, mostly the ones who are supposed to love me e.g. family.

I need to move house, I'm counting the days til I get a fresh start...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 8:44 am

/\Cinderella syndrome, it’s not you that’s mean, it’s your family.
Happy new move and fresh start!!

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 8:52 am

Misslizard wrote:
/\Cinderella syndrome, it’s not you that’s mean, it’s your family.
Happy new move and fresh start!!

How sweet of you, thank you. 2 more years to go, then we can leave. I am fantasising about saying 'bye bye' to my current life and getting a fresh start elsewhere.

My husband and daughter are nice to me, it's just the rest of them who aren't :x

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 12:24 pm

Sorry I'm repeating myself but I have no one else to tell.

I have officially given up on trying to make friends from today. The friend I worked hard to get has been ghosting me for 4 months. We never had a row or difference of opinion. As far as I knew it was all good. At one time she said I was one of her best friends. But as usual, some mysterious thing happened, I'll never know what it was, and she decided she wouldn't contact me again.

I've had this happen before a few times- I thought the friendship with someone was fine, but the friend had secretly taken offence at something I'd said but not told me. Then when I asked if she was okay as I hadn't heard from her for a while, she let loose a torrent of anger at me because of whatever it was I'd said. I remain mystified to this day.

I'm done. I've been trying to make friends in my village for 20+ years and nothing has worked. Well, I've got 1 friend, lol.

I am not chasing after people anymore. I'm not asking if they're okay or if I upset them. I'm not always being the one to make the first move. I am doing my own thing now, for me! Good.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 7:30 pm

KitLily wrote:
Sorry I'm repeating myself but I have no one else to tell.

I have officially given up on trying to make friends from today. The friend I worked hard to get has been ghosting me for 4 months. We never had a row or difference of opinion. As far as I knew it was all good. At one time she said I was one of her best friends. But as usual, some mysterious thing happened, I'll never know what it was, and she decided she wouldn't contact me again.

I've had this happen before a few times- I thought the friendship with someone was fine, but the friend had secretly taken offence at something I'd said but not told me. Then when I asked if she was okay as I hadn't heard from her for a while, she let loose a torrent of anger at me because of whatever it was I'd said. I remain mystified to this day.

I'm done. I've been trying to make friends in my village for 20+ years and nothing has worked. Well, I've got 1 friend, lol.

I am not chasing after people anymore. I'm not asking if they're okay or if I upset them. I'm not always being the one to make the first move. I am doing my own thing now, for me! Good.

If people don't want to be friends then sometimes it is just easier to not bother.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 6:51 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
If people don't want to be friends then sometimes it is just easier to not bother.

That's the problem. People don't want to be friends with me! Am I to go through life friendless? It seems that way! What a fun life eh! No friends, no social life! Whoopee do.

I had lots of friends in my late teens/ twenties. Where the he|| did they go? What is happening to humans!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 8:22 am

You have friends here.....but I guess it would be much better if they were "in-person" friends.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 12:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You have friends here.....but I guess it would be much better if they were "in-person" friends.

Thank you. I value my online friends :heart: It was just hard having no one when I had a tiny sick child and no support with her.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 8:53 pm

I want to blow my f*****g brains out. Every interaction I have with another person goes to s**t. Every little thing that I say apparently needs to be mocked and intensely questioned. I genuinely hate interacting with other people. Other people f*****g suck.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 9:40 pm

KitLily wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

It was just hard having no one when I had a tiny sick child and no support with her.

You had a husband who loved you, and loved your child. That's worth all the friends in the world.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 5:32 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
KitLily wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

It was just hard having no one when I had a tiny sick child and no support with her.

You had a husband who loved you, and loved your child. That's worth all the friends in the world.

My husband was out all day at work, I was alone thinking my child was dying. No car to take her to the doctor. No friends or neighbours to help or even talk to. We live down a long, lonely road in the middle of nowhere. It really was awful and frightening. I'm sorry but there was nothing good about those years. If I'd had somewhere to run to, I'd have left, that's how bad it was. Thanks for being kind though.

Last edited by KitLily on 15 Nov 2022, 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 5:34 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I want to blow my f*****g brains out. Every interaction I have with another person goes to s**t. Every little thing that I say apparently needs to be mocked and intensely questioned. I genuinely hate interacting with other people. Other people f*****g suck.

I hear you, friend. Mockery seems to be all they do these days. They can't seem to understand human speech, either.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 7:10 am

My friend got yelled at by their dad (who works at the same place as us) because one of our managers complained about them not doing overtime on Friday. That manager is the shittiest manager that we have. Maybe he should complain about my coworkers who didn't come to work that day and about the ones who left immediately at 2:30, before he b*****s about people from other departments not picking up their slack. Tattling on adults to their parents because you don't like the fact that they don't act like they've sold their soul to the company and bend to every demand of overtime from them is also f*****g stupid.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 7:15 am

KitLily wrote:
I hear you, friend. Mockery seems to be all they do these days. They can't seem to understand human speech, either.

I just don't get why people are so brain dead that they can't understand or tolerate the most simplest things that I say to them and have to get aggressive or pushy about it. Everyone has to have an attitude when I do so much as breathe, and doctors have to act like I'm a psychotic drug addict for absolutely no goddamn reason. Everyone takes everything wrong and has no patience or ability to analyze anything for longer than a second.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 7:50 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
KitLily wrote:

I just don't get why people are so brain dead that they can't understand or tolerate the most simplest things that I say to them and have to get aggressive or pushy about it. Everyone has to have an attitude when I do so much as breathe, and doctors have to act like I'm a psychotic drug addict for absolutely no goddamn reason. Everyone takes everything wrong and has no patience or ability to analyze anything for longer than a second.

Oh yes I understand. I want to shake people sometimes and say, 'Use your brain!' 'Open your mind!' I wonder if it is due to people having no attention spans anymore due to the fast moving world we live in now.

It's like when I explain something to someone and they stare blankly. I explain again with slightly different words. They stare blankly. I explain again using slightly different words. 'Oh!!' they exclaim. 'Why didn't you say that in the first place?' Er...I did? How did you not understand that simple concept?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 11:15 am

I hate the state of the rental market in the UK at the moment. I hate where I live and I want to move so badly but doing so would mean at least doubling what I currently pay in rent which isn't affordable and even when you do find a suitable property you've got people offering more than the advertised rent, or 6-12months rent in advance which I can't compete with. Yes, I'm lucky to have a place to live that's relatively cheap but I've been here 12 years, the last 4 at least very unhappily and that's got to be bad for your mental health. I know its bad. I feel trapped.