Page 474 of 577 [ 9220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477 ... 577  Next

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 7:05 pm

Thank you Kraftie. So do you. I wish i didn't have these needs in the first place. They are such a bother.

When i feel like i am close with a person and then that person says or does something that makes me feel thousands of miles apart it hurts. Even though they are a nice person they are just too different. I feel like we are different species sometimes. I am sick of this feeling.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 11:14 pm

Have you ever been to Hagia Sophia?

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 12:23 am

I have been there years ago when i was a child.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 12:42 pm

I was in the Blue Mosque when I was in Istanbul....but didn’t get a chance to go to Hagia Sophia.

I would have liked to have crossed the bridge to Asia.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 1:06 pm

^ Istanbul is such a beautiful city to visit. I don't live there but it is close to my city and have some family members who live there so we visit often. I wish i could visit again soon.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 4:10 pm

Sometimes, not all the time, I feel depressed when coming to WP. Fortunately most of the time I enjoy coming here and it's worth my time. But sometimes some threads make me become depressed about being on the spectrum, especially with a lot of this ''NTs vs Aspies'' talk. It's like ''NTs do A, Aspies do B''. It makes me feel more isolated from other people than what I really am in day to day life. Or people on WP will try to convince me that no NT is my friend and that they're all fake and are just put on this earth to lie and emotionally manipulate and bully, and if I say that my friends aren't like that then I get called ''gullible''. I try to tell myself that a lot of people on WP have trust issues. I can sometimes be fooled at first by the narcissist type of NTs, but that's if they're really good liars that can come across as really nice at first. But these are people who fool most people and are good at it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 5:40 pm

^People who unthinkingly use binaries are anti-intellectual.
Life is rarely black & white.
Simples.
Ignore them.
Their opinions aren't worth listening to, imo.

A wise skunk once said:
"Life is simple, for simple people." 8)

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 3:05 am

I hate the fact that I can't have a quiet moment without thinking of KMS half the time. I don't even know if I am actually feeling suicidal, or if it's just an intrusive thought at this point, or both. I am just so tired of being physically and mentally exhausted. The only reason why I've even gotten out of bed and stayed awake the past few days is to take care of the dog my mom got, which is honestly stressing me out more since I didn't expect to need to adjust to having one right now.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 4:16 am

My inability to focus on things at times.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 5:52 am

Different types of smokers and what they say:-

The self-soothing smoker
I smoke because I'm stressed

The denier
This smoker's cough isn't caused by smoking

The stress free smoker
I'll quit smoking once I've paid this gas bill off

The blaming smoker
I just about did quit but now that you've brought it up by asking me if I've quit, I now have to have one

The 'it won't happen to me' smoker
My niece's daughter got lung cancer and she's never even smoked - or - my friend's brother's nephew has been smoking all his life, he's 70 now and does not have lung cancer

The stubborn smoker
I know you love me and care about me, but I'm a grown-up so you can't tell me what to do

The light-hearted smoker
Eating sugar is worse than smoking

The constant quitter
I'll quit next week, I swear

The weak-willed smoker
I can't give up, I just can't do it

The desperate smoker
There's a dangerous hurricane, I will not be going outside for anything...except to smoke - or - I can't find my lighter so I'll use the toaster to light my cigarette

The privileged smoker
No employee is allowed more than 30 minutes break for any reason, except for smokers who will get 30 minutes plus several smoke breaks, because smoking is a big deal

The hypocrite smoker
Do not put your health in any danger at work by letting any harmful chemicals into your body, so wash your hands before eating and wear a mask while working in an environment with dangerous substances in the air. Now let's go out for a smoke

The sensitive smoker
Hey, I smoke so now I'm offended reading this!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 10:32 am

Americans have been neglecting public education for as long as I can remember -- maybe even longer.  Buildings are old and have outdated ventilation systems.  Classrooms are overcrowded.  Teachers are under-compensated.  Curricula have not changed much since the 1960s.  Now parents are talking about how important it is for their kids to get back to school following or during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown; but they still do not want to pay more taxes to pay for fixing those issues.

Paradoxically, an ordinary citizen even hinting that parents only appreciate public schools for being glorified daycare centers for their kids is somehow gravely offensive to those very same parents.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 7:40 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I hate the fact that I can't have a quiet moment without thinking of KMS half the time. I don't even know if I am actually feeling suicidal, or if it's just an intrusive thought at this point, or both. I am just so tired of being physically and mentally exhausted. The only reason why I've even gotten out of bed and stayed awake the past few days is to take care of the dog my mom got, which is honestly stressing me out more since I didn't expect to need to adjust to having one right now.

I treat them as intrusive thoughts and dismiss them.
I don't give them validity.
I have found that for me, personally, cutting out caffeine is enormously helpful in maintaining emotional stability. 8)

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2021, 3:34 pm

Yes, I'm calling your restaurant into the dept of health for not bothering to enforce employees following the mandate rules.

Last edited by Blue_Star on 30 May 2021, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 6:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
  Curricula have not changed much since the 1960s.  .[/color]

that may be open to debate, but the fact that the changes which have encored are for the worse is tougher one to debate.

sputnik, Reagan's "a nation at risk", the dubya's "no child left behind", and obama's "race to the top" are what I mean.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 3:59 pm

I'm fed up with all this favouritism at work, with the most crappy worker being praised up for doing such a crap job. I can miss one tiny piece of rubbish when sweeping and I get called out on it, this very privileged woman can do the most crappiest clean ever and call it a deep clean, and the supervisor praises her up for it. We report this to the boss but nothing gets done about it, and it just eats away at me every day. I really feel like having it out with the supervisor saying where he's going wrong but it's not really my position to. I'm a brilliant deep cleaner, and yet he takes me off that permanently and puts the crap worker on there. And every day she gloats at us because we're slogging away doing the hard manual work while she's just in one place, taking her time and doing a crap job.
But the supervisor (or anyone else) doesn't even like her. She's not popular at all. And she's no use whatsoever. She's wasting the company's money by working there, because she doesn't do anything right. All she wants is to do as little work as possible and receive her paycheck at the end of the week. She shows no enthusiasm or intellect or interest in what she's doing, she does everything half-assed. But if anyone else is caught not doing their job properly, we get called out on it straight away. It's just not fair. I don't want to be sweeping floors forever. I am more than capable of doing what she does, because it's what I used to do and I done a brilliant job at it. But the dumbass supervisor just makes excuses for her. It makes my blood boil and I feel like being really combative about it, otherwise I'll just be sweeping floors for the rest of my life. It's OK doing that sometimes but not every single day. It's too repetitive. He should rotate us around. I don't even know what she's being paid for. There are so many people out of work, they should f*****g sack her and get someone in who can do the job. She is the most dimwitted, dumbest person I have ever met. Nobody's THAT dumb. She just plays dumb I think, as a way of getting her own way. And more fool the supervisor for protecting her all the time. And what gets me is he doesn't even like her. He often wishes she'd leave! And she can leave, she's old enough to retire (but is physically fit so is able to do any tasks) and she comes from a rich family (her husband owns a store). Why can't she f**k off and work at her husband's store? Or just retire? I'm so pissed off. :x

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 11:09 pm

I just woke up.. Practically half asleep...

Went down the living room... And sat on literal s**t. :x

I wanna... Get rid of that damn dog... :x :x :x Or at least get it out of the house permanently...

Apparently that wasn't up to me... Or even with my sister... ... ... ...

I want to get rid of that dog. Even just out of this house for good...

I won't ever missed it when it's gone. Innocuous as it is, I don't want anything to do with it.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.