do you struggle seeing the bigger picture

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 3:02 pm

I feel like whenever I'm struggling with some thing, I have trouble working through it because i tend to not see the bigger picture like most NTs. It's like I focus on a small piece and have trouble seeing the other pieces in oder to see the biggest picture towards the solution of a problem.

For example I smoked weed the other day and want to smoke it again because i'm curious about what a certain situation would be like if I got high again. Obessing over it, and feeling like I must experience it, I'm struggling to see the bigger picture showing the fact that maybe this isn't that important as I'm making my self believe it is.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 3:58 pm

I don't think thats what bigger picture is about. Curiosity is curiosity - its understandable you want to experiment with a situation. "Maybe this isn't that important as I'm making my self believe it is" is not bigger picture. Its just a different outcome. Noone can predict the future so both outcomes are possible. Obsessing about the more pleasant one is hope.

I struggle with seeing the bigger picture another way. I have trouble answering general questions.

For example recently dad asked me "How did it go?" after I visited an office to do some business. I was unable to answer. I remembered everything that happened there but I couldn't find words to describe it without relating the whole story - and I was not feeling like spending half of hour telling about everything that happened. Then my mom(she was in the office with me) showed up and dad repeated the question."We got everything done." - mom said, in a blink of eye. But even then I wasn't so sure if thats the correct answer. We made things done but the office still wants me to go there next week to sign some papers so it's not like everything is done...
And worst of the worst: after mom answered dad asked me "Was the question so hard?" and I couldn't answer it either - it was easy for mom but it was hard for me so how was I supposed to answer?
LOL