As a child, were you extremely talkative or very quiet?

Page 5 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 9:39 am

I am having a hard time remembering what I was like..I did talk, but in different capacities at different times. I have one memory of a day care teacher interpreting my quietness and difficulty interracting with the other kids as my being a nice quiet well behaved little girl. She told some of the other kids that she wished they would go to the day care across the street and she just had to deal with me...or something like that...but I did have my phases when I talked too much..In kindergarten, I was always in time out with the boys for something or other. In later grades I don't know who I would have talked to in class most of the time..because I was so reviled...and often opening my mouth could result in my saying something that could be used against me.
..But I was talkative around adults...moreso than i am now.

NoCriminalIntent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2007, 11:02 am

There seems to be two basic camps of the AS verbal thing. Very quiet, or very talkative and then later on very quiet. Im latter and I know that my basic nature is to tallk endlessly, but when young, the times that kids or adults said be quiet or shutup, hurt me so deep that I learned to say nothing when around others for fear of saying the wrong thing.

I think the basic nature of AS might be exuberant and talkative, but society forces us inside where we create elaborate worlds known only to ourselves. But then again how would I know since all Im doing is projecting myself onto others.

So forget I said anything. :)

Mirror
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2007, 12:38 pm

too quite for comfort

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 2:26 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Make me wonder what an ASpie convention would be like ?? All silent, too afraid to chat with one another??

It could go very well because maybe 50% would be quiet so the talkative 50% could chat away whilst the quieties listened :D

Funny thought really lol

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 4:57 pm

Very quiet. Very, very quiet.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 5:20 pm

When I was in kintergarden I was quite a talker up till the 6th or 7th grade.

KalahariMeerkat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Mar 2007, 7:58 pm

Very talkitive but I only repeated things or talked about special intrests. You could not shut me up for anything. My mom says that I had had a speech delay and that I had to have to have speech therapy because when I talked it came out so fast you could not understand anything I said.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 8:24 pm

Lone_Wolf wrote:
I was very quiet except from when I was angry. Then I let it all out at once.

Me too

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2007, 7:22 am

Very talkative with the family i lived with, however would often go a week without saying a word at school.

vandire
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2007, 7:31 am

As far as I remember, tended to switch from one extreme to the other- being incredibly shy and quiet, then all of a sudden talking constantly until something unsettled me for whatever reason, then I'd be completely quiet again.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 11:58 am

Up until about first grade, I was very talkative and frisky, but incessant criticism and teasing from my parents, teachers, and peers brought me down to the opposite extreme. Ever since then, I've been working towards a happy medium.

hannahd
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Mar 2007, 12:10 pm

At Lower school I never spoke at all, but soon as I got home I was my usual cheerful self.

I made friends with a couple of girls and sailed through middle school, but then it all fell apart at upper school where I got depressed and badly bullied. All my friends deserted me and I haven't had any friends since. I don't want them as they get in the way of what I want to do.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 6:36 pm

I was quiet until I started talking around two-and-a-half. Then I never shut up about anything and talked everyone's ear off.

I was also overly affectionate as a child. I didn't understand why you didn't run around kissing people you cared about. (The model I had was from home, where you kissed people you cared about.)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 6:58 pm

I was very quiet for the most part. Sometimes, though, I would lecture my mother on a topic of interest, or make her participate in scripted reciting from one of the books that I was obsessed with.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Sep 2009, 7:05 pm

Very very quiet.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

03 Sep 2009, 7:50 pm

When I was a toddler I was very quiet, but when I was age 5-8 I was very talkative to the point where other people would tell me to stop talking so much.