Smoking in the bathroom is so very disgusting.

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 6:06 pm

I went to a Wendy's restraunt that's down the road from me. As you may know, Wendy's is a restraunt that allows smoking in their stores. And before I got anything to eat, I went into the bathroom. And when I opened the door, cigarette smoke practically billowed out of the bathroom. But because I had to use the bathroom really bad, I just suffered through it. Whoever it was smoking was doing so while using the commode. I was using the stand-up urinal and I just stood there turning blue trying not to breathe in the filth. Then whoever was on the john flushed the commode and came out. It turns out that it was one of the store's employees using the john and taking in a cigarette break at the same time. It was gross and disgusting but I am grateful that at least he washed his hands before he left the bathroom.

I have a real hard time with smoking and smokers. I find it disgsuting beyond all words. And there isn one thing on this Earth I find more disgusting than someone smoking in the bathroom. It grosses me out so bad that I go haywire. I just can't take it. I can't take all that filth in the place where you clean yourself. And it takes a lot of effort to not have a small panic attack when someone is smoking in a bathroom I'm in or just walked into.

I really hate to be such a prissy nit about smoking but I just can't take it. It's so utterly disgusting. I actually find it pretty traumatic going into a bathroom where someone is smoking.

Sorry. I just had to vent.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 6:28 pm

I'm allergic to cigarette smoke so I know what you're talking about. I hold my breath whenever I pass someone who's smoking, which is often on my campus.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 6:32 pm

In my county (and I think surrounding ones, too), smoking is banned in all public places. That includes restaurants, bowling alleys, you know, everything (except pubs, of course). Anyway, my mom and I are both allergic and we are happier than ever this law was passed. However, I did see someone smoking in a bathroom at Kona Grill.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 6:32 pm

I generally don't mind smoking too much and I'm a non-smoker. What I don't like is smoking in restaurants. Do you really want to have people smoking near your food? It's disgusting. You can't properly enjoy your food when you have the stench of fag smoke wafting through the air.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Mar 2007, 6:37 pm

As an ex smoker I am extremely sensitive to the odor of tobacco smoke.
I can smell a lit cigarette from almost 100 feet away from me. Smoke in the
restrooms grosses me out. Here in Pennsylvania smoking in public restrooms is
illegal.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 7:11 pm

Ex smoker here. I abhor the smell of smoke and cannot be around it too much as I have a lung condition from my own past smoking.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 7:36 pm

Sorry to hear that, Grealwyn. You doing okay these days?

The thing is, I grew up in a family of smokers. Many of my family smokes. So I am very used to it. It's just the bathroom thing I can't get past.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 7:38 pm

Mum smokes in the bathroom at home sometimes.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 7:39 pm

markaudette wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Grealwyn. You doing okay these days?

The thing is, I grew up in a family of smokers. Many of my family smokes. So I am very used to it. It's just the bathroom thing I can't get past.

I have been told it will not get worse unless I take up smoking again or am around smoke a lot. I stopped before it became worse than a mild condition. I notice it most when I am cold or very active, like walking up hills.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 7:45 pm

I have to bow to you for actually quitting.

Sooooooooo may smokers out there every day swearing to give it up.....

But actually did.

Kudos.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 7:55 pm

I can't stand cigarette smoke, it makes me feel ill. I hold my breath when I walk past smokers.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 8:22 pm

People smoking in anyplace are very annoying

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 8:28 pm

There are many states in the US now that ban public smoking. You could move to one of those or write your local congressperson and push for anti-smoking laws.

BTW, I've had a life-long addiction to nicotine. I've tried to quit countless times - you wouldn't understand how incredibly addictive it is. But I've just quit using a new pill called Chantix. It's wonderful. Pass the word around to people you know who want to quit but haven't been able to.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 8:33 pm

Congratulations to you. aylissa!

:D

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 8:42 pm

aylissa wrote:
There are many states in the US now that ban public smoking. You could move to one of those or write your local congressperson and push for anti-smoking laws.

BTW, I've had a life-long addiction to nicotine. I've tried to quit countless times - you wouldn't understand how incredibly addictive it is. But I've just quit using a new pill called Chantix. It's wonderful. Pass the word around to people you know who want to quit but haven't been able to.

Interesting... The insurance I work at just decided to cover Chantix. We were a tough sell because it's so damned expensive, but we do have some tobacco money we can use.

Demonic_Duck
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2007, 12:48 am

I used to hate smoking too. Now I smoke. Kind of ironic, eh? :P

Although I have to admit smoking in public toilets isn't very nice.