Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 9:19 am

I'm 19 and a half and people say I act like a 2-10 year old depending on the day. They say it's like I never grew up! Does anybody else have this issue?

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2015, 3:12 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
I'm 19 and a half and people say I act like a 2-10 year old depending on the day. They say it's like I never grew up! Does anybody else have this issue?

yeah but its mostly that i just make a lot of stupid jokes. dont think it really means much.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 2:19 am

yeah

people think I have developmental disorders or some s**t

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2015, 12:03 pm

boredome wrote:
yeah

that would more fall under the category of them thinking your stupid. not immature.
immature usually is more behavior.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 1:28 pm

I am NOT immature!

I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not!
[...]

:wink:

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 3:14 am

boredome wrote:
yeah

Autism is a PDD, pervasive developmental disorder. :|

But back to the OP, yeah, and they'd be right :P

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 11:01 am

I have ASD not PDD

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 11:17 am

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
I have ASD not PDD

ASD is one of the PDDs :|

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 5:01 pm

I care about others, but sometimes I can't control my immature emotions, and then I just start acting insensitive or say innappropriate things, which later I come to feel ashamed and also regret those immature things that I said... Especially sexual thoughts... It really makes me feel like I am no different than any other man. :/

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 10:33 pm

Lol, I got told I was acting like a kid just today. And yesterday for that matter. :D Can't help it sometimes though!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 10:45 pm

I either come across as really mature or really immature :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 10:47 pm

Sometimes, even these days.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 9:26 am

Sometimes some people acted. Treated me like i was immature

Sometimes I act immature

Sometimes I act mature

You can't measure maturity

Being "immature" could be an advantage. In that it makes it easier to fit in to other immature people

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:04 am

I have concluded that many people think I'm very mature but I have immature interests.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 4:14 pm

248RPA wrote:
I have concluded that many people think I'm very mature but I have immature interests.

Same here! I like a YouTube channel that is for 5 year olds (apparently), but I always look "very serious." One of my teachers even laughed at me last year because I had a Mickey Mouse watch and it was funny since I was "so serious." :lol:

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

18 Nov 2018, 1:15 pm

To some people, I come off as mature and to others I come off as immature. For example, I was at the university testing center handing in one of my forms. When I handed them in, the lady said," thank you" and I said, "you're welcome" in quiet voice. Another woman saw me and she asked if I was a senior. I said I was a sophomore. Then she said, "You look more mature for your age". To me, that was a compliment since I'm short and baby-faced. I also think she said that because she noticed how quiet and calm I was being. This is how I come off as mature. Being quiet and calm is mature to most people because it shows you have composure and respect.

Once when I was at church with my sister, I was just sitting there and she was angry at me for not standing up during the worship songs. I was just listening to the songs sitting down because I didn't feel like standing up at the moment. She was saying, "get up" in a low tone angry voice. So I got up. Then she criticized me about looking weird and told me to act more normal when I was standing with my hand moving from side to side. That's what you do when you sing at church. Other people were doing it. I felt insulted by her comment and sat back down in my chair with my arms crossed. Then, she kept saying how I was acting rude and ret*d. I got even angrier at her. In my chair, I was sitting there making fists because I was so angry and offended. She then told me that I was acting like a 4 year old when I was 17. This is how I come off as immature. Most people would think this is immature because they believe that only young children having a hard time controlling there emotions such as anger and spill it out without caring about how others would react. Also, I'm very easy to anger and I react strongly to certain situations. I guess that's also a reason why.