Why does God not follow the Golden Rule? His best rule?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 6:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-nHw0 ... r_embedded

I have a hard time seeing God as --- doing unto others as he would want done to himself --- in the clip above. I cannot see God wanting someone to do what he did to the women who owned those wombs to him. He is therefore certainly not walking his talk or fallowing his own good advice.

It seems that people are more responsible than God as we are trying to get everyone on board the Golden Rule that God ignores.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Regards
DL

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 9:12 pm

The answer you seek, Gnostic Bishop, is right there in the Mystery of the Demiurge, the imperfect, material existence. The world. It is not a perfect place, like you would see in the realm of light, the Pleroma. Flaws are apparent everywhere and screech their presence but it is only to awaken a search for Gnosis.

You will see what does not make sense and you will question, why would God allow this? Why would God command this of us and act so differently? The reasons are in the Demiurgent Reality.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 9:44 pm

You cannot "see" the reasoning because your very definition of "God" is incomplete.

God encompasses ALL, both the positive and the negative aspects of life, otherwise "God" would not be "all-powerful" if God were not capable of destruction. The idea that God is somehow "only love" or "all love" and "nothing but love" is a complete lie. The difference is that there are two different ASPECTS to the "reality" of God. Just like electricity, God is neither inherently good, nor inherently evil, but how you use God's power/energy, just like how you choose to use electricity, can be for both benign or harmful purposes.

Also, the FULLNESS of the rule is that you will experience everything that you or your servants cause others to experience, and therefore it is best that YOU be the one to follow the Golden-Rule. God is a DUAL-aspect phenomenon. ALL "ideas/inspirations/justifications" come from either God's positive-energy/frequency/source or God's negative-energy/frequency/source. I don't feel like typing it all out again since I've already posted & described it in another thread on another forum that I will hyper-link here...

GnosticBishop wrote:

I have a hard time seeing God as --- doing unto others as he would want done to himself --- in the clip above. I cannot see God wanting someone to do what he did to the women who owned those wombs to him. He is therefore certainly not walking his talk or fallowing his own good advice.

It seems that people are more responsible than God as we are trying to get everyone on board the Golden Rule that God ignores.

Regards
DL

...although I will bring up the "controversial" story regarding "via grace saved thou art" versus "without works thy faith is dead" and the full-context behind what teaching was intended. For starters, you need to know what you are being "saved" from, and in the non-contaminated version, your "salvation" means that you will not be made to "suffer" due to not having a "due" that is to be "rendered unto" the sinister-aspect of God (because this 'aspect' of God requires that you suffer as a 'payment' for what you owe). The faith-without-works portion applies to blessings. You do not receive blessings if you never help others (i.e.: positive experiences will not "manifest" themselves within your life unless you do the work that helps to bring positive-experiences for others).

You achieve "Divine-Protection" once you are clear of ALL "debts" owed unto the Dark-Aspect. Actually, I have already described how this works in detail in other threads on another forum that I shall hyper-link here, too. Rather than re-typing out the whole entire description & explanation... (hyper-link/page2 and I also go on to make further clarification on the 3rd page of that thread).

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 9:47 pm

It depends on what you think God is, also. Is God that Light Realm or is God the creator of this world which, according to some, would make him the creator of an imperfect world that seems to revolve around unsavory things, the killing of one creature by another for food being a prime example. Most would say that is a terrible fact of life, one creature must die so another can live. What kind of God creates such conditions in the world He created?

Why, the same one who created the Golden Rule! :wink: :wink:

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 2:14 am

Easy:

Suffering in this life is the price of heaven. This is just a transient experience that determines whether it's heaven or hell. You know, a test.

Well, that's what I was taught by the priests.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 8:27 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The answer you seek, Gnostic Bishop, is right there in the Mystery of the Demiurge, the imperfect, material existence. The world. It is not a perfect place, like you would see in the realm of light, the Pleroma. Flaws are apparent everywhere and screech their presence but it is only to awaken a search for Gnosis.

You will see what does not make sense and you will question, why would God allow this? Why would God command this of us and act so differently? The reasons are in the Demiurgent Reality.

We do not understand Gnostic theology the same way.

Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is
in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they
say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will
precede you. Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is
outside of you. [Those who] become acquainted with [themselves]
will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you
will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living
Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty
and it is you who are that poverty."

If we are living in God's own kingdom, as Jesus says, would there be flaws?

Seems that you are not quite acquainted with yourself.

No problem. At least you are in the right religion to eventually get there.

I see the evolving perfection of natures systems here.

As said in Candid, we live in the best of all possible worlds, --- because it is the only possible world.

That statement cannot be refuted.

Try to see as Gnostic Christian Jesus saw things. Call on your Christ mind and do not refute what our Jesus said.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 8:37 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
You cannot "see" the reasoning because your very definition of "God" is incomplete.

God encompasses ALL, both the positive and the negative aspects of life, otherwise "God" would not be "all-powerful" if God were not capable of destruction. The idea that God is somehow "only love" or "all love" and "nothing but love" is a complete lie. The difference is that there are two different ASPECTS to the "reality" of God. Just like electricity, God is neither inherently good, nor inherently evil, but how you use God's power/energy, just like how you choose to use electricity, can be for both benign or harmful purposes.

Also, the FULLNESS of the rule is that you will experience everything that you or your servants cause others to experience, and therefore it is best that YOU be the one to follow the Golden-Rule. God is a DUAL-aspect phenomenon. ALL "ideas/inspirations/justifications" come from either God's positive-energy/frequency/source or God's negative-energy/frequency/source. I don't feel like typing it all out again since I've already posted & described it in another thread on another forum that I will hyper-link here...
GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

...although I will bring up the "controversial" story regarding "via grace saved thou art" versus "without works thy faith is dead" and the full-context behind what teaching was intended. For starters, you need to know what you are being "saved" from, and in the non-contaminated version, your "salvation" means that you will not be made to "suffer" due to not having a "due" that is to be "rendered unto" the sinister-aspect of God (because this 'aspect' of God requires that you suffer as a 'payment' for what you owe). The faith-without-works portion applies to blessings. You do not receive blessings if you never help others (i.e.: positive experiences will not "manifest" themselves within your life unless you do the work that helps to bring positive-experiences for others).

You achieve "Divine-Protection" once you are clear of ALL "debts" owed unto the Dark-Aspect. Actually, I have already described how this works in detail in other threads on another forum that I shall hyper-link here, too. Rather than re-typing out the whole entire description & explanation... (hyper-link/page2 and I also go on to make further clarification on the 3rd page of that thread).

Who is this weird God that you seem to have made up?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 8:43 am

Dillogic wrote:
Easy:

Suffering in this life is the price of heaven. This is just a transient experience that determines whether it's heaven or hell. You know, a test.

Well, that's what I was taught by the priests.

Priests, like imams are perpetual liars. All idol worshipers are when speaking of God.

When did God say that suffering was the price of heaven?

To think that a person who is lucky enough not to suffer automatically goes to hell is foolish indeed so your priest is not only a liar but is a rather stupid one.

Regards
DL

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 8:46 am

Let me put it this way: The "secret-identity" of the "anti-Christ" is none-other than God itself.

GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Also, nothing is "weird" about this phenomenon, but it IS a "fair" and "just" and "merciful" God.

Full-Context: Fair in the sense that you experience everything in the eye-for-an-eye manner (what could be fairer).
God is "just" in the sense that ALL "wrong-doings" are "punished" for (i.e.: Divine-Justice).
God is "merciful" in the sense that you will not be made to "suffer" through more than you deserve to suffer (i.e.: for as long as you have never been complicit to causing that type of suffering then you are granted the mercy of not being required to suffer through the same and thus mercy is granted to the peaceful & forgiving).

God is not an identity though. God is more like an idea such as how "Anonymous" is itself a nameless concept.

God is the "phenomenon" that dictates the kinds of experiences that "manifest" into our life-existence.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 10:07 am

GnosticBishop wrote:

To think that a person who is lucky enough not to suffer automatically goes to hell is foolish indeed so your priest is not only a liar but is a rather stupid one.

I'm sure it's stated that any suffering we experience is just a part of life, and when heaven comes, there will be none.

No, that's not what it means, rather that suffering is just a part of it, and how we respond to the suffering is one way we're judged. Some people sin when faced with suffering. People steal when they have envy of others and what they have. Some people just accept that's life. Some people try to help those that have things by showing them the positives of humbleness. Some people shed even less to help others that have less than they.

Think of it as a...question, and how you respond to that question, and all other questions, are what define you as a person. We all experience suffering to some extent. It doesn't really matter here whether you're religious or not. How you respond to those that treat us how we wouldn't like to be treated, does define us in many ways. In the end, you have to live with yourself in this world of suffering.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 11:46 am

Oops.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 11:56 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Let me put it this way: The "secret-identity" of the "anti-Christ" is none-other than God itself.

GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Also, nothing is "weird" about this phenomenon, but it IS a "fair" and "just" and "merciful" God.

Full-Context: Fair in the sense that you experience everything in the eye-for-an-eye manner (what could be fairer).
God is "just" in the sense that ALL "wrong-doings" are "punished" for (i.e.: Divine-Justice).
God is "merciful" in the sense that you will not be made to "suffer" through more than you deserve to suffer (i.e.: for as long as you have never been complicit to causing that type of suffering then you are granted the mercy of not being required to suffer through the same and thus mercy is granted to the peaceful & forgiving).

God is not an identity though. God is more like an idea such as how "Anonymous" is itself a nameless concept.

God is the "phenomenon" that dictates the kinds of experiences that "manifest" into our life-existence.

I guess that you have forgotten what Ghandi said of an eye for an eye.

Gnostic Christians are Universalists, so all of us end in heaven because God would see us all as equal and all culpable for the whole race being what we are. Gnostic Christian and our view of God seem to ignore your eye for eye mentality and we do not think it just at all.

If an eye for an eye is what you promote, would you rape a man as a punishment to man who raped a man?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 12:04 pm

Dillogic wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

I'm sure it's stated that any suffering we experience is just a part of life, and when heaven comes, there will be none.

No, that's not what it means, rather that suffering is just a part of it, and how we respond to the suffering is one way we're judged. Some people sin when faced with suffering. People steal when they have envy of others and what they have. Some people just accept that's life. Some people try to help those that have things by showing them the positives of humbleness. Some people shed even less to help others that have less than they.

Think of it as a...question, and how you respond to that question, and all other questions, are what define you as a person. We all experience suffering to some extent. It doesn't really matter here whether you're religious or not. How you respond to those that treat us how we wouldn't like to be treated, does define us in many ways. In the end, you have to live with yourself in this world of suffering.

Thanks for recanting your initial foolish statement.

As to this suffering world, look again for the first time at any statistic for whatever you see as evil and you will see that that % is at the best level that we have ever enjoyed.

Things are getting better. Not worse.

The environment might be the one exception but science is not 100% sure of the impact of climate change yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oww4Ap3YZA

Regards
DL

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 2:16 pm

I am not "promoting" eye-for-an-eye revenge. I am describing the manner in how the "Divine Justice-System" operates. You seem to have a lot of difficulty with context & semantics but at least there have been other readers who are not so "sinful" as you are.

GnosticBishop wrote:
If an eye for an eye is what you promote, would you rape a man as a punishment to man who raped a man?

Regards
DL

I will put it this way: IF, for some reason, someone had stolen an egg from me, and I get all incited to have revenge, chopping his hand off for stealing my egg, then I have just then incurred yet another negative karmic-debt for chopping his hand off (and will experience at some point or another in my future my own hand being chopped off). That is how the "eye for an eye" system of "Divine-Justice" operates. Furthermore, nobody would have ever stolen any eggs from me to begin with in the first place IF I never had any complicity to theft from others, and I would have "Divine-Protection" IF I were clear of ALL spiritual-debts, such that nobody would be inspired to harm a hair on my head, even if it were to be an axe-murderer who was mowing down the necks of everybody else around me (and THIS is the reason as to why Jesus taught the importance of forgiveness, because if you cannot forgive, you will seek "revenge" upon perceived offenders, and any punishment you dish out will become your own future-punishment "due" under the Divine Justice-System, and he who can never forgive can also expect to never aspire into heaven).

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 3:15 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
I am not "promoting" eye-for-an-eye revenge. I am describing the manner in how the "Divine Justice-System" operates. You seem to have a lot of difficulty with context & semantics but at least there have been other readers who are not so "sinful" as you are.
GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

I will put it this way: IF, for some reason, someone had stolen an egg from me, and I get all incited to have revenge, chopping his hand off for stealing my egg, then I have just then incurred yet another negative karmic-debt for chopping his hand off (and will experience at some point or another in my future my own hand being chopped off). That is how the "eye for an eye" system of "Divine-Justice" operates. Furthermore, nobody would have ever stolen any eggs from me to begin with in the first place IF I never had any complicity to theft from others, and I would have "Divine-Protection" IF I were clear of ALL spiritual-debts, such that nobody would be inspired to harm a hair on my head, even if it were to be an axe-murderer who was mowing down the necks of everybody else around me (and THIS is the reason as to why Jesus taught the importance of forgiveness, because if you cannot forgive, you will seek "revenge" upon perceived offenders, and any punishment you dish out will become your own future-punishment "due" under the Divine Justice-System, and he who can never forgive can also expect to never aspire into heaven).

They say that the divine or God is unknowable, unfathomable and works in mysterious ways.

How then can you know how the Divine Justice operates?

Do you have communications with God?

Regards
DL

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 3:35 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

We do not understand Gnostic theology the same way.

Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is
in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they
say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will
precede you. Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is
outside of you. [Those who] become acquainted with [themselves]
will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you
will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living
Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty
and it is you who are that poverty."

If we are living in God's own kingdom, as Jesus says, would there be flaws?

Seems that you are not quite acquainted with yourself.

No problem. At least you are in the right religion to eventually get there.

I see the evolving perfection of natures systems here.

As said in Candid, we live in the best of all possible worlds, --- because it is the only possible world.

That statement cannot be refuted.

Try to see as Gnostic Christian Jesus saw things. Call on your Christ mind and do not refute what our Jesus said.

Regards
DL

I follow Gnosticsm teaching and see Christos as part of the Pleroma. I do not trust the Bible completely since it is of the Demiurge. We cannot fully access the Plemora, so the Bible is going to be flawed. We are going to be flawed. Our lives are flawed. We can reconcile this while we are trapped in matter. If you blindly follow what is in the Bible, attempting to reconcile your existence on Earth, you will discover many errors like the one about the Golden Rule. The contradictions will be glaringly obvious. You will be quite confounded by it. This is why I say look toward the light.