Hello - female self-diagnosed Aspie from the UK

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Peachypops
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2015, 3:41 pm

Hey! :) Firstly, can I tell you how excited I am that I've found this forum! I'm on a relatively new journey. I'm self-diagnosed, but after 29 long years of feeling totally out of place everything I read about Aspergers in Women just seems to fit. I can't tell you the relief I feel to finally meet people like myself, so please, please do get in touch - it's a bit of a lonely ride at the moment and would be lovely to connect with some of you.

Anyway, onto my details...

Name: I'll go by Peachypops :)

Occupation: I work in an office as my main job - producing all sorts of funky charts and spreadsheets. In my spare time I'm a self-employed lifestyle blogger (which I much prefer!). I hope one day to be a full-time freelance writer/blogger.

Favourite food: Mexican and anything sweet (I'm a sugar fiend!)

Hobbies: Blogging, writing, journalling, crochet, walking my dog, Japanese movies (Studio Ghibli all the way), audiobooks, DIY and doing up my house, going to the beach, singing in a choir.

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

alex
Developer
Developer

25 May 2015, 3:44 pm

welcome to wrong planet

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 4:13 pm

Hmm, I am not a woman and Asperger's has actually been removed as a diagnosis from the DSM ever since its version V came out, and that other one is said to be scheduled to have the Aspie-diagnosis also removed by some time this year or the next one. Not to be a party-pooper or anything. Just know that those with the ASD do not necessarily make for an ASD to be similar to another ASD. You will still probably find a lot of mostly differences, perhaps depending on forum-section, but for the most part you're free to exercise freedoms of speech here, and I also want to say that aliens exist (/gets my anti-skeptics who are going to call me a conspiracy theorist shields ready).

Hobbies: Napping, sleeping, resting, having a snooze, staying in bed, pontificating, reading, information-digging & data-mining, foreign-languages, alternative-science, uncovering conspiracies, exposing conspiracies, theorising, anti-establishmentarianism, exposing corrupt governments & corrupt bankers & corrupt social-systems, knowing legalese, resisting against tyranny & corruption & dictatorships & despotism, para-psychology, para-normal research, quantum-physics, woo-woo, questioning everything, always questioning everything, questioning even my own questions, and questioning everyone else's questions, opposing the pharmaceutical-industry, etc.

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2015, 8:51 pm

Welcome! ^^

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 8:54 pm

Hello Peachpops.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 9:02 pm

Welcome!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 9:47 pm

Hey Peachypops welcome. Your username sounds yummy! :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 3:15 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

stackcats
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 May 2015, 8:29 pm

Hello! 29yo woman here too! How did you begin to realise you might have ASD?

Peachypops
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2015, 5:48 am

stackcats wrote:
Hello! 29yo woman here too! How did you begin to realise you might have ASD?

Hey Stackcats - my partner actually noticed it at first, things like being socially awkward, taking things literally, not understanding certain situations. We did a lot of reading and finally when we read about ASD Everything fell into place.

How about you? :)

miva
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2015, 6:26 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
I am not a woman and Asperger's has actually been removed as a diagnosis from the DSM ever since its version V came out"

Thats right, however the main set of criteria used in UK is WHO's ICD :)

Welcome peachypops :D

gmboy
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2015, 8:55 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Asperger's has actually been removed as a diagnosis from the DSM ever since its version V came out.

It might have been removed from DSM V, but is still in the latest ICD version (10). Note the OP is in UK, where ICD is used.

LonelyLobster
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2015, 2:48 pm

Hi, I am from the UK and a "in the process of being diagnosed" female. I am a little older than you. I write a blog too (reviewing free from foods) and I am really into Scandinavian/Danish/Dutch interior design. So we gave some things in common! Oh, and I am new here too.

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 3:14 pm

Welcome. Maybe you'll add Wrong Planet to your hobbies soon.