4 Things I Learned From The Worst Online Dating Profile Ever

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 11:54 am

4 Things I Learned From the Worst Online Dating Profile Ever:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things-i- ... er4=moreon

As a child of the Internet and confirmed weirdo, imagine my relief when they finally took that last bastion of in-person awkwardness -- dating -- to my laptop instead. I've been using one of the major dating sites, OkCupid, on and off for about five years now. While it has its perks, being a woman on a dating site means immersing yourself in a disgusting cesspool of exposed nerves, unfiltered testosterone, and daily propositions to engage in sex acts so horrifying, I hadn't even heard of them before, and I'm from the Internet.

I got the feeling that a lot of men on that site would message literally any woman who had a profile, but the optimist in me wanted to believe that there was a limit. Maybe there was a woman so awful, so toxic, so irredeemably unlikeable that no one would message her, or if they did, at least they would realize they never, ever wanted to meet her. So I made the OkCupid profile of the Worst Woman on Earth, hoping to prove that there exists an online dating profile so loathsome that no man would message it.

I did not accomplish my goal.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 12:08 pm

I bet she would get replies if she did the opposite and combined a great profile with pictures of a physically unattractive woman (or even no pictures) too.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 12:13 pm

Yeah I agree with you. I just posted this for giggles because her attempts to sound crazy are hilarious.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 1:39 pm

^^^
ikr, that looks like the most non-scary person you could meet in Los Angeles. :roll:

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 2:21 pm

I couldn't find the profile on OkC :(

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 2:37 pm

That was a funny read.

Heard about a guy who did something kinda like that, not quite for the same reason, but made up a tongue-in-cheek profile on dating site. Talked about "I can go out whenever my parole officer allows me to". Stuff like that. He got in trouble with the dating site for doing that and he sued. Dont know the outcome. Nor what kinda of response he got from ladies.

Adam00S
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2019, 4:01 pm

agree with the author

nickiromero
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2019, 2:19 pm

This is terrible! Really, I was using dating sites and apps and I fully agree with you, however, you know, when I started using Brilic dating app (that is, to my mind, the best dating apps in croatia), I found there a section with people from Croatia, and you know what? When I received messages from Croatia men, I was shocked, but they didn't offered me something like you listed in your post. Really, men from Croatia were polite, kind and careful, and I guess they behaved like this due to their mentality... Do you know, I even felt a little disappointed due to the fact that Croatian men are not like all men :)

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 5:31 pm

If you would like a profile that no one contacts, just make the profile male and you will get as much radio silence as you can handle.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 5:13 pm

Aww, I thought Molly was back... it's just an old thread.