How do you eat your pizza (and do you eat the crust)?

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 10:16 am

I tend to eat the toppings first, usually with a fork. Then I take the crust and eat that, too. I feel bad when I don't eat all the edges of the crust, even if it's dry and tasteless. Dipping it in pizza sauce helps.

Pizza gets a bad rap for being junk food, but it can be healthy if it's prepared right, especially if you make it yourself. And there aren't many other meals that have something from all four food groups.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 10:22 am

I used to eat droopy, thin-crust pizza with a knife and fork until I recently learned how to fold it in half, "New York style." I'm ready to visit the Big Apple now.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 3:05 pm

There are two stratagems for eating pizza. Fact, not opinion.

Il Restaurante: strip and roll. When knife and fork are being used, cut in half, then proceed to cut 1" strips of pizza (straight or diagonal, your choice) and roll 'em up, stab 'em with a fork, and enjoy micro pizza rolls.

The Fingers Method. Six classic slices. Bit of the pointy end, then start on the crust, balancing the remaining pure pizza on your fingers until you can nom the rest of it down.

Both methods involve crust consumption.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 3:15 pm

with hands. i reluctantly eat the crust, but if there are middle pieces without crust, i eat those and save the crusts for my bread-loving sister.

nouedis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2015, 3:40 pm

I usually fold my pizza in half and I do eat the crust.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 3:05 am

I eat the crust first and then I eat from the front. I use my hands.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 10:59 am

Depends.
The place I go to most often if I'm by myself I order two slices. The slices are from thier largest pizza which is about as big in diameter as a truck tire (exaggerating a little) so they are really big slices. Those I have to start out with a fork and eat it that way until the slice is down to a more manageable size then eat the rest by hand. A smaller pizza with more manageable slices I just eat by hande. Either way I eat the crust to. I dont mind getting my hands messy as long as I can wash them immediately after I eat.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 11:35 am

What do you all mean by "crust"? I thought the crust was the bread portion. So all these people saying that they don't eat the crust are just scraping the toppings off?

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 11:42 am

starkid wrote:
What do you all mean by "crust"? I thought the crust was the bread portion. So all these people saying that they don't eat the crust are just scraping the toppings off?

The edging. The pale perimeter. The bit without sauce on.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 11:59 am

MisterSpock wrote:
starkid wrote:

The edging. The pale perimeter. The bit without sauce on.

So what do you call the central portion of bread?

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 12:18 pm

It's all crust. But when people talk about eating the crust, it's similar to bread. Thin crust means thin all over, but stuffed crust means the edges are stuffed. A pie crust is the top. The Earth's mantel has a crust, but I wouldn't eat that.I could get philosophical and say a crust is what you want it to be. As far as I care, crust means hard outer surface. But I thought it was obvious that you eat the dough under the topping and therefore crust meant exposed crust.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 1:00 pm

MisterSpock wrote:
But I thought it was obvious that you eat the dough under the topping and therefore crust meant exposed crust.

I've known at least one person who ate the toppings without eating the crust.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2015, 3:31 pm

If the slices are small, or from a small pizza, I eat the entire slice unfolded. If it's a large pizza, I fold the slices and eat the entire thing. However befor eating, I usually sprinkle what I have with Romano cheese, oregano, and a very liberal amount of crushed pepper. -- I wish that pizza places whould use the 60k/ScU peppers instead of the 10k/ScU peppers.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 8:59 pm

Last week while on our trip together my mom cooked a frozen pizza for supper, and she noticed that I scraped off and ate the top part of the crust, which was soft, but I didn't eat the bottom. I explained to her that the bottom of frozen pizza crust is too hard and dry when baked in the oven. I would have rather had restaurant pizza but we were in staying a cabin really far from nearly everything.

Logston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2015, 9:17 pm

I pick off all of the cheese, scrape off the sauce with a knife, and then dap the rest of the sauce off w/ a paper towel before eating. Sometimes I eat the crust... depends on the kind of crust. Really, I don't like pizza.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 11:28 pm

umm...

I pick up a slice of pizza, take a bite out of it, chew the bite, repeat until the slice is gone.

Repeat the aforementioned process until hunger is no longer existent.