Boo's Nice Guy/Alpha Male thread.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 4:58 pm

Everyone has a Nice Guy thread....so It's only fair I have one too!

Let's recapitulate the general opinion about this:

Camp 1: Members who define Nice Guys as manipulators who pretend to be nice in order to get sex - and alpha male as successful male.

Camp 2: Members who define Nice Guys as unattractive males, while alphas as attractive males.

My definition tho: in the sexual and dating context for humans is, an alpha is a man who is perceived to be highly desired by women. Sure, he has to have some quality to become that, first has has to get there , then the perception of him getting there will get him even further (and yes, I believe the copycat mating extinct is strong among women).

A nice guy is perceived as boring, nothing special about him.

For those who don't frequent the adult section, I concluded all this from a thread I made, check this:
viewtopic.php?t=286702

How else would you explain this insanity there?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 6:54 pm

At any moment of the day, I could be any letter of the Greek alphabet.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 7:18 pm

It's silly to say there are only two types of men. There are clearly twelve types. I know this because I read the horoscope!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 3:29 am

^ :-/

Not funny :lol:

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 7:23 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Everyone has a Nice Guy thread....so It's only fair I have one too!

Let's recapitulate the general opinion about this:

Camp 1: Members who define Nice Guys as manipulators who pretend to be nice in order to get sex - and alpha male as successful male.

Camp 2: Members who define Nice Guys as unattractive males, while alphas as attractive males.

My definition tho: in the sexual and dating context for humans is, an alpha is a man who is perceived to be highly desired by women. Sure, he has to have some quality to become that, first has has to get there , then the perception of him getting there will get him even further (and yes, I believe the copycat mating extinct is strong among women).

A nice guy is perceived as boring, nothing special about him.

For those who don't frequent the adult section, I concluded all this from a thread I made, check this:
viewtopic.php?t=286702

How else would you explain this insanity there?

But if one is to believe the statistics claimed by some females, an overwhelming majority of guys are not nice. Ergo those that are must be rare and special! I would define a nice guy as one with common decency, respect for women, a sense of compassion, and integrity and honour. The alpha male thing is surely a separate variable; there can be decent types who are more successful and in some ways stereotypically masculine (and many indecent ones who have little chance of being with a woman - I think the cliché of "nice girls and bad boys" is more to do with so called "loveable rogues" who get away with more because they can be quite charming; many villains and brutes are not at all charming) there can also be utter cads who could be described as alpha males; likewise there can be decent shy retiring types, and others who are basically creeps. I appreciate that it might be frustrating occasionally being treated by one's female friends as though one might as well be one of them for all the sexual desire one might feel towards them, but surely we should do that which is right and refrain from that which is wrong because they are right and wrong, not because one seeks a reward. Though a reward might be nice! If one pretends to be nice out of ulterior motives, surely one would be likely to be found out sooner or later.

I think that there is something quite wrong in the notion that there is something intrinsically weak and boring about virtue, and something rebellious and cool about debauchery and mysterious about evil. For one thing virtue can be quite challenging and hard work! If at least part of one very often wants to pursue one's own selfish desires, it takes discipline to be prepared to put the needs of others first (do not think that I mean that virtue is weak and submissive; all of us must sometimes consider other people if civil society is not to descend into anarchy). Conversely, debauchery is hardly rebellious; it is often a form of conformity and has been going on for millennia, and in my opinion was done with more flare in some earlier eras any way.

Many who might be classified as alphas seem quite manipulative to me playing on women's insecurities and fears - that is evil, what ever the gender of the manipulator.

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 7:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
At any moment of the day, I could be any letter of the Greek alphabet.

Indeed. Why confine oneself to Alpha, when there are so many Greek letters to choose from - one could be Epsilon, Sigma, Phi, Omega...

b9
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 8:47 am

there are so many threads where the issue of "nice guys" vs "bad guys" is discussed and agonized over, but i consider it all useless to even think about.
there are some girls who like this, and some girls who like that, and all the love starved males go into a tail spin of concern at that simple fact.

they are like may flies who's existence is so tenuous that their trajectories are dictated by the feintest scent and damaged by the faintest breeze.