El Salvador: 14-year old girl faces decades in prison...

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 7:25 pm

...for miscarriage. This is disgusting:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 7374044363

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 8:36 pm

There are pro-life extremists in this country who feel that a woman suffering a miscarriage should have to prove that it was in fact a natural miscarriage, and not an abortion.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 8:32 am

If the Catholic Church could have their way, the United States would be the same. Priests molesting children, no birth control, 14 year old girls being forced to give birth to rapist's babies or go to prison.

Religions are not at the top of the list for the best moral systems, but these people are even lower then average.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 9:01 am

she is lucky she is only 14. at least she will get out while she is still alive.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 9:07 am

This world is disgusting.

Quote:
The men will not be prosecuted, but Andrea could face up to 40 years in jail for homicide.

I'm not even going to make a comment about this sentence.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2015, 1:45 am

This case is deeply wrong, even if abortion was illegal the state should have to prove the guilt of the girl rather than the girl prove that she is not guilty. It seems like the scales of justice are biased against the accused there.

Also she is a minor, thus the length of the sentance is unreasonable.

Lastly refusing abortion services in cases of rape / incest or to protect the life of the woman is wrong. In the last case instead of ending the life of the fetus you can kill off both the mother and the child.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 1:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
There are pro-life extremists in this country who feel that a woman suffering a miscarriage should have to prove that it was in fact a natural miscarriage, and not an abortion.

I'm pro-life, but miscarriages DO happen, even when the mother wants the child/children.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 11:29 am

goofygoobers wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I'm pro-life, but miscarriages DO happen, even when the mother wants the child/children.

Of course miscarriages happen . I wasn't talking about most pro-life people, but about the extreme fringe who get all the press.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 7:40 pm

this makes me feel ill :(

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 7:42 pm

this makes me feel ill :(