Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2015, 6:43 pm

I am a teenage girl. There's this guy, who's kind of my friend, and we hang out in groups a lot. Once, when we were discussing sex, I said no one would have sex with me because I was weird. He said, "Don't say that!"

Well, everyone started laughing. He hugged me, said, "I love you", and left the room.

Later, he was talking and I was making sure to have eye contact with him. He starts smiling at me, and says, "At least [CT15] is listening to me."

Recently, he has said to me, "I really like you, because you are very self-aware."

But a lot of times, I try to talk to him and he responds apathetically, and sometimes just looks away! How could he feel about me?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 7:27 pm

At the very least, he likes you as a friend. He might like you "more than that" but is shy about expressing it.

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 7:30 pm

I would think he definitely likes you.

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2015, 4:28 pm

Most of the time, he is apathetic to me, but most people are. He often looks away when I speak to him. This signifies disinterest, correct? However, I also know teenagers to break nonverbal rules often.

But other times, he speaks to me. This occurs in groups as well.

Why would he be so aloof sometimes?

Hoggy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 May 2015, 5:15 pm

He might like you. There's lots of reasons why he might look away, he could just be shy / shy and also like you. Could be disinterest but i would say that's the least likely.

Your right a lot of people dont follow non verbal rules you see everywhere, that this must mean that etc
there isn't a rule book of signs you can apply to people as they can all mean other things to each unique person.

I just think hes shy and likes you, or he becomes shy when talking alone because he likes you that's my two cents' worth.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 5:26 pm

LOL...Because he's a "typical teenager."

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2015, 5:35 pm

Today, something happened.

We were all sitting around outside, and my friend was eating a sandwich. He started throwing pieces of it at my crush, who ran around, trying to find a chair without any peanut butter on it.

Finally, he came to a bench I was sitting on, and said stuff like, "[CT15] will protect me! [CT15] likes me!"

So I hugged him, and when I tried to move away, he held me back and said, "No, you have to protect me!"

My mom said we were just goofing. Is she correct?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 5:40 pm

It seems to me that he was half-goofing. He might not have wanted you to know that he was half-serious.