Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Breaking Enigma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm

True.

But most of the racism I see towards blacks isn't really true racism at all. Most of the hatred I see is the hatred of the ghetto, thug life, gangster rap culture; not skin color. Whereas the racism I see from blacks towards whites is about skin color. It's all so idiotic and needs to die out.

I do, however, dislike the aforementioned culture myself, but it doesn't give anyone the right to hate. Change the world, don't hate the world.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 5:22 pm

People are f****d up---but many are decent, too.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 5:48 pm

;) 8) :P

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jun 2015, 5:51 pm

Breaking Enigma wrote:
True.

But most of the racism I see towards blacks isn't really true racism at all. Most of the hatred I see is the hatred of the ghetto, thug life, gangster rap culture; not skin color.

"Racism's still alive, they just been concealin' it" - Kanye West, "We Don't Care"

What makes you so sure that racist whites only hate "thug life", but racist blacks don't merely hate big houses and snootiness?

Marduk1965
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jun 2015, 6:19 pm

I was told by my mom repeatedly that I would grow up to be a pig.

Marduk1965

01 Jun 2015, 6:22 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
I keep hearing from feminists how bad they have in the west.....as we all know, the feminists are as strongest in the west....

Does white males oppress their women more than other males do?

My aunt says she has had this happen to her. I take her word for it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 6:29 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yet another thread that is both racist and sexist. But what do I know? I'm just one more white male ... :roll:
The last time I checked its not possible to be racist against white people and sexist against males.
Unless you're being sarcastic, the phrase "It's not possible to be racist against white people and sexist against males" is a blatant lie that is itself both sexist and racist.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 6:35 pm

Eh feminists ain't much intelligent when they're mumbling for "equality", wich is, to their eye, more rights than men.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 6:41 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
What makes you so sure that racist whites only hate "thug life", but racist blacks don't merely hate big houses and snootiness?

I've met plenty of white thugs in my day who blasted to Master P and Scarface all day long while getting high and stealing cars and were racist as heck. If Azealia Banks, Kanye, and Lauren Hill are anything to go by I'm also sure there's a distinct echelon of snooty racist blacks with big houses.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Marduk1965

01 Jun 2015, 6:50 pm

I think some women are impressed by some white males. Think of Matt Bomer. Hell, even I'm impressed by him. Actually I'm impressed by anybody who's not mean to me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 10:44 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
I keep hearing from feminists how bad they have in the west.....as we all know, the feminists are as strongest in the west....

Does white males oppress their women more than other males do?

I don't see how females of the west have it so horrid, unless they are exploited underclass immigrant women. I mean just the impression I get in my limited amount of social interactions/observation....there are lots of women who will throw a guy away just like a used tampon when they are done with him if you get what I mean. Are there guys who use women? yes...are there women who use guys, yes...except the latter does not get acknowledged by a lot of in your face feminists. And then I hear males make higher wages on average which sounds unfair, but then there are quite a few jobs where females are much more likely to be hired than males which also sounds unfair right? Also as an adolecent/teen I felt more pressure from adult women and my female peers to conform to female gender stereotypes/image than from guys.

And what do you mean white males opressing 'their' women...like other white women? I myself am northern european and native american decent so cannot really speak for entirely 'white' women but that is my experience at least...though at first glance I look more white than native.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 1:23 am

Women are oppressed by white men, other colors of men, and women, their classmates, friends, and themselves.

Being oppressed explains everything.

Not being oppressed confused them, being treated as an equal is the worst.

They yearn for oppression, being dictated to, just look at fashion and makeup advertising.

They know they need plastic surgery, Botox and Collagen injections, and should self starve to skeletal images.

Black men rate highest on self sense of worth, Bros are cool with being themselves.

Top tier white women are a walking inferiority complex.

An up nod of the head to a Black man, acknowledgment, is enough to be considered real.

Nothing works with women, hold a door, you are beings sexist, let her go first, you are looking at her ass, saying Good Morning to a younger woman, you are a pedophile.

All of life is everyone else's fault, and they just do it to oppress the Center of the Universe, Perfect Princess, to expose her flaws.

An all time record, 75% of males 18 to 34 have never married.

Women see this as a sign of oppression.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 5:49 am

Not that I'm aware (Oz, Canada and US). The wage gap stuff seems to be a myth (wage seems to be the same for the same work, no matter sex). Women have equal "rights" under law.

I suppose you can say service in some institutions are biased based on male physiology, say, foot soldiers. There's arguments both ways, there.

Some Arab countries seem to oppress women, though, and I suppose you can call them "white" (Caucasian).

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 7:01 am

Fnord wrote:
Yet another thread that is both racist and sexist.

But what do I know? I'm just one more white male ... :roll:

[sarcasm]

Stop oppressing me!!

[/sarcasm]

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 7:25 am

SJW hypocrisy is funny.

"It's horrible to be racist or sexist ... unless it's to white males!"

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 7:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
These days, though, people are discriminated against more because of low income/bad credit rating than race, per se.

This.

You don't see affluent black neighborhoods with cops running around in military gear. Likewise, you look at poor white neighborhoods and there's always a police presence just around the corner. So much of our "racial" issues aren't really racial so much as they are economic.

Also, I'd like to note that women tend to be more critical of other women than men are of women. An example is Hillary Clinton, like her or hate her, she's partially judged on her style (i.e. the pantsuit). To be honest men really don't give a damn what's she's wearing, this criticism comes almost exclusively from other women. In casual conversation I've heard a female say she specifically wouldn't vote for Hillary because of the pantsuit. Really? We're talking about a position that has the power to drop nuclear weapons, oversee the largest monolithic power structure in the world (U.S. federal government), and the qualifications for said job boil down to whether the pantsuit is an appropriate style. It's women that create that dynamic, not men.

That being said, I think you'd have a hard sell convincing people that western women are oppressed. Certainly things aren't 100% equal between the genders in western society, but categorically "oppressed" is an exaggeration of the dynamics of the situation. Also, white males being the culprit is misleading too. Usually when we talk about white males and gender discrimination we talk about wages. White men make more than females, true, but when you take out the top 1% of male wage earners the scales drastically normalize. The fact is, the top 1% is almost exclusively white and male and they're the ones driving almost any type of discrimination in the workplace, not your average guy working as a mechanic, or at walmart, or where ever. If women really want to be pissed off about the inequality they need to stop looking broadly at white males as the demographic that causes it and look inside that demographic for the real cause.