They should rename this site: NT Lovers .net

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CryosHypnoAeon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jun 2015, 10:44 am

kraftiekortie,

I think I may have coined it.

(Here comes the "you didn't coin anythin !, you stupid, lost neurotypical, autistic-wannabe ! !)

Am I right ? lol

Not you kraftie, just in general.
The human mind works in predictable patterns.
Especially when it comes to face-to-face interaction, and interaction online.

It's saddening sometimes, cause I see it coming down the pipe, way before it gets here,
and there's nothing I can do about it.

It's like I'm stuck on a carnival ride (another machine, mechanistic in nature, fundamentally dead) and I can get off, no matter what I do.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 10:58 am

I have seen "neurodiverse" used before this thread so I don't know about that. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you've coined.

CryosHypnoAeon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jun 2015, 10:59 am

Campin_Cat,

Thank you for your very compassionate reply.

Compassion and intelligent understanding is really all I look for, when I post online.
The the true and only motivation. For me.

Yes, it's true what you said about "experience".
Experience means nothing if you're not present, and actively learning from it.
Take an interest in your own life for god sakes ! (Doesn't matter if your poor or rich, take an interest)

I've been constantly and severely emotionally abused as a child, and in early adulthood too.
And the worst thing about it was I had NO IDEA it was happening to me.
I think my brain suppressed the abuse and denials (denial of my humanity and intelligence) for so long
that I really forgot I have human needs, need to be treated well, need for common decency and respect,
need for positive human companionship, need for society to "let me in" and integrate, and much more.

I hope it's not too late for me.
I've had close calls with people, police, the law, and in other situations as well.
Authority stinks to high heaven to me. Especially authority for authority's sake.
And the scary thing about it is that those implementing the "authority" don't realize it's based on nothing.
It's literally based on nothing. Well, not nothing. It's based on violence. The credo in our modern times is
"obey or we will kill you" (either through direct means, or by indirect means, like starving you out economically, socially, etc., which eventually kills you, due to the psychological stress of it, and the physiological consequences of being rejected by society).

This is why I have so much compassion for poor and homeless people.
These people (which I see every day) are being literally starved out of existence, threatened, and bullied to
accept what society's (through the use of controlled money, and the cops) doing to them.

It's a long line of "shut up and take it, and just die, you're a burden on us."

And I see that the average person looks at a homeless person and can't see, or doesn't realize (or can't)
that that person is on his way down. Society is actively killing that person, through a kind of attrition, or erosion, little by little, right in front of your very eyes. And this process usually happens so slowly that people are unable to connect the dots.

Anyways, thanks for you post.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 11:04 am

@OP My mother is low income and I live in an apartment with no doors. Do you need to have more compassion to me? No, you don't. Just be empathic to everyone else, don't despise them because justthey're rich. Also, why are you so hateful towards NT's? Not all of them hate you, you're just generalizing them based on a few of your experiences. I've met good NT's and bad NT's. There will always be two sides to a coin.

KaylamiYarne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jun 2015, 11:35 am

CryosHypnoAeon wrote:
I've noticed that every post where I mention NTs in a realistic way (you guys may see it perhaps negatively) that 100% of you back up NTs and the system they've created (that is completely controlled by systems of hierarchical power, that most of you have no real access to, unbeknownst to you, mainly because most of you are very young and have no real experience in the world, unless you're already born into a rich NT family of course).

I'll let you in on a little secret.
You'll be in for a never-ending horrifying shock when you grow up and are forced to make your way, alone, in this world. A world of NTs.

And don't come crawling to me.
I'll be busy enjoying my vacation time,
Alone and remote somewhere, just like I like it :)

It's funny to watch young, mindless NDs type responses without thinking, or understanding what they're talking about. How could you ? You have no experience in such matters. Sad thing is nobody can make you understand. Only way is to fall prey to NTs and learn that way.

Good luck,
I give you as much sympathy as you give me ;)
Fair's fair.

I've been away from society most of my life so I'm not even sure what an NT is xD
If NT means someone who is constantly on social media and up-to-date on popular entertainment news and making meaningless small talk with people they don't really give a s**t about, then that's pretty sad that a neurodiverse individual would try to achieve assimilation into that bull.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 11:42 am

KaylamiYarne wrote:
I'm not even sure what an NT is xD

Someone who is "normal". Has no neurological disorder of any kind - is typical neurologically, so is neurotypical - NT. The opposite to that is neurodiverse (ND) which isn't just autism but anything neurologically different.

rarebit
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

KaylamiYarne wrote:
I've been away from society most of my life so I'm not even sure what an NT is xD
If NT means someone who is constantly on social media and up-to-date on popular entertainment news and making meaningless small talk with people they don't really give a s**t about, then that's pretty sad that a neurodiverse individual would try to achieve assimilation into that bull.

From what I understand (mainly from here), a NT is anyone who isn't a diagnosed autistic / Aspie, e.g. neurotypical.

So that includes people from everywhere, all classes, all education levels, all political persuasions, all degrees of social understanding, all types of job / profession, etc... a whole lot o'peeps and from what I hear a lot on here, they're all out to get us!

KaylamiYarne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jun 2015, 11:47 am

iliketrees wrote:
KaylamiYarne wrote:
I'm not even sure what an NT is xD

Someone who is "normal". Has no neurological disorder of any kind - is typical neurologically, so is neurotypical - NT. The opposite to that is neurodiverse (ND) which isn't just autism but anything neurologically different.

I mean, I know it means someone who is "normal", but my point was I'm not sure what "normal" is, or to be more specific, how normal people act.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 11:50 am

They act non-autisticly :P

There seems to be all types of personalities to NTs. Saying they all act the same and like the same things would be like saying all autistics act the same and like the same things. There is no general way.

rarebit
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2015, 11:52 am

Here's a quote from http://neurocosmopolitanism.com/neurodi ... finitions/

Quote:
Neurodivergent, sometimes abbreviated as ND, means having a brain that functions in ways that diverge significantly from the dominant societal standards of “normal.”

When looking at it that way, what happens if we that are now ND become NT, are we then NT and them ND?

KaylamiYarne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jun 2015, 11:52 am

iliketrees wrote:

There seems to be all types of personalities to NTs. Saying they all act the same and like the same things would be like saying all autistics act the same and like the same things. There is no general way.

Maybe we should rephrase the saying "If you've met one person with autism, you've met one person with autism" to "if you've met one person, you've met one person" :lol:

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 11:53 am

KaylamiYarne wrote:
iliketrees wrote:

Maybe we should rephrase the saying "If you've met one person with autism, you've met one person with autism" to "if you've met one person, you've met one person" :lol:

Yeah, exactly :D

KaylamiYarne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jun 2015, 11:54 am

rarebit wrote:

Quote:
Neurodivergent, sometimes abbreviated as ND, means having a brain that functions in ways that diverge significantly from the dominant societal standards of “normal.”

When looking at it that way, what happens if we that are now ND become NT, are we then NT and them ND?

Good point...

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 12:01 pm

KaylamiYarne wrote:
rarebit wrote:

Quote:

Good point...

Especially with rising rates of autism 8O What if most people become diagnosed autistic and then those who are not diagnosed with anything are then the minority.

Perhaps I'm exaggerating this.

rarebit
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2015, 12:03 pm

iliketrees wrote:
KaylamiYarne wrote:
rarebit wrote:

Quote:

Good point...

Especially with rising rates of autism 8O What if most people become diagnosed autistic and then those who are not diagnosed with anything are then the minority.

Perhaps I'm exaggerating this.

I'll tell you when shortly!

rarebit
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2015, 12:11 pm

http://www.autism.org.uk/about-autism/m ... rders.aspx

Quote:
The latest prevalence studies of autism indicate that 1.1% of the population in the UK may have autism. This means that over 695,000 people in the UK may have autism, an estimate derived from the 1.1% prevalence rate applied to the 2011 UK census figures.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html
Quote:
About 1 in 68 children has been identified with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) according to estimates from CDC's Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring (ADDM) Network.

ASD is reported to occur in all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.

ASD is almost 5 times more common among boys (1 in 42) than among girls (1 in 189).

Studies in Asia, Europe, and North America have identified individuals with ASD with an average prevalence of about 1%. A study in South Korea reported a prevalence of 2.6%.

About 1 in 6 children in the United States had a developmental disability in 2006-2008, ranging from mild disabilities such as speech and language impairments to serious developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, and autism.

http://www.autism-society.org/what-is/f ... tatistics/
Quote:
Facts and Statistics

About 1 percent of the world population has autism spectrum disorder. (CDC, 2014)

Prevalence in the United States is estimated at 1 in 68 births. (CDC, 2014)

More than 3.5 million Americans live with an autism spectrum disorder. (Buescher et al., 2014)

Prevalence of autism in U.S. children increased by 119.4 percent from 2000 (1 in 150) to 2010 (1 in 68). (CDC, 2014) Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disability. (CDC, 2008)

Prevalence has increased by 6-15 percent each year from 2002 to 2010. (Based on biennial numbers from the CDC)

I was going to extrapolate from the last figure here... however, I'd need to factor a few more things in (overall pop. growth, new dx to new birth dx), and its getting in the way of my bowl of iceream...

But if its 1 in 42 for males in the UK already then that's 2.38%...