Alright are you guys going to fix the profile editing issues

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 6:18 pm

Quote:
this is trivialisation

That would be because the issues this thread about are actually trivial.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 6:23 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
Breaking Enigma wrote:
So is this how all staff is trained to speak to the forum members? Wow... 8O

The mods got broken about the same time as the site.

Oh, we'll remember that if you ever come crying to us for help. :)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 6:28 pm

I'm sure you are not slacking! And I can appreciate that at times it must seem like a thankless job. Your efforts are very much appreciated; however that doesn't make a personal jibe at a member acceptable. Yes, Sweetleaf could have expressed it in a different way, though when issues are ongoing, the tone of frustration is understandable. It is an ongoing problem, it does need fixing, and if people had a time frame in which to anticipate resolution, then they would be more accommodating of these site glitches. They are an issue, the delay in fixing them is an ongoing issue, and the nature of the delays is not made fully clear to people. "We are doing our best" may well be true; though more details on what that best is might help, and a greater elucidation of the problems. If you need help from techy members (I am sure we have plenty) then it might be better to post the appeal on either all forums, or the forum with the greatest readership, or PM members with known expertise in this area. It's going to benefit everyone if this overall problem can be resolved.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 6:41 pm

Quote:
however that doesn't make a personal jibe at a member acceptable.

Nor does it make her tone acceptable.

Quote:
. It is an ongoing problem, it does need fixing, and if people had a time frame in which to anticipate resolution

We honestly don't know. Most of us don't even have admin privileges, so we literally do not have the ability to fix the problems. Not to mention that some of the moderator tools are awkward as f**k to use.

Quote:
the nature of the delays is not made fully clear to people.

Oh, believe me, we feel your pain there. I know that Alex is trying, but he hasn't really given details to the moderation team about what he's doing and how he's progressing.

Quote:
If you need help from techy members (I am sure we have plenty) then it might be better to post the appeal on either all forums, or the forum with the greatest readership, or PM members with known expertise in this area.

That's not a bad idea; I'll quote it in the mod forum where Alex might see it.

==============================

The thing with the issues is: apart from things like PMs being blocked, posts disappearing, and Cloudflare issues, they don't actually stop you from using the site. Your avatar and signature literally do nothing to stop you from accessing site content and participating in discussions.
The age thing should be no more than an annoyance. If it's really a big issue, put a disclaimer in your posts saying "I am actually x years old".
The thing about being logged out every 3 minutes is annoying, but in the scheme of things, how hard is it really to type in a username and password?
The spam attacks are annoying too (we do do our best to delete them when we see them), but they don't stop you from seeing non-spam content: all you have to do is scroll down. Really. Just press the down arrow or use your mouse wheel. Sometimes you might even have to click on a number to go to a different page. Unless you have crippling arthritis in your hands, this shouldn't even be a problem, and if it is really distressing, I really wonder how some members deal with stuff like leaving the house, getting out of bed, and crossing the road.
=====================================================

INTPnarwhal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2019, 9:17 pm

I would really like to change my profile info now that I’ve realized I’m not a woman!